New Ford Fiesta Sedan 2011: Pictures, Review Pg.8 Onwards

Thanks for posting the comparison prices Knightrider , i am not going to say about Petrol because i am a hard-core diesel lover.

My pick would be Verna if i want features but recently after driving my friend's Vento extensively i am in love with this car as well. Though Vento does not have the features of the Fluidic Verna German engineering rocks when it comes to delivering driving pleasure. In the end tough choice between Verna and Vento for me , though i will prefer Verna more because of cheaper maintenance and Hyundai's better A.S.S.

@ Ashikawa I would not agree with you on the diesel part. Verna middle variant which is only a little costlier than Vento offers more features than Vento. Vento is a good car no doubt but not VFM.

I thought Ford will stop making fail history after their hit in Fusion!!!
Here comes their 3rd i believe. I loved the cruise control though. [;)]
Hope this will not turn out to be an another Mondeo-Fusion story.

Ford Fiesta Titanium plus will cost around Rs.10.55 in Kerala. Too much pricey when compared to Verna. This car is not going to sell much.

I just cancelled my booking and booked a Toyota Corolla Altis. And an Etios Liva too. I love liva.

New fiesta's pricing is 1.5L more than my estimation. Anyway i am thanking Ford for this pricing that led me to buy a nice car ALTIS.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate, how did you make this conclusion?
I only would like to compare VW and Honda cars as they stand for quality. VW's has robust build quality both inside and out with great driving pleasure. On other hand Honda has one of the best and reliable petrol engines with a acceptable level of build quality. The reason i have chosen City base trim over VW highline petrol is that both of them have all the safety features with acceptable level of quality and Honda is almost 70 k cheaper with a good petrol engine and reliability and a stablised product in market.

As far as diesels are concerned, the 1.6 of Vento is one of the best diesel engines ever sold in india with great(20+) fuel efficiency and the car is pleasure to drive with high level of quality and VFM price.

Am sorry mate i can't agree with your facts! If you think City has acceptable level of build quality then Verna has better build quality than ANHC. I have no comments on petrol , i am no petrolhead. But in Diesel even Linea , SX4 and Verna offer 20+ FE. Yes i agree the Vento is a pleasure to drive but am sorry no way VFM. Linea and Verna offers more features at a lesser or the same price.

it seems the price is due to the following feature on all variants

Yes Fiesta comes equipped with ABS, EBD, airbags [both driver and passenger]and steering wheel audio controls as standard on all eight variants

just see the nice comparo

Compare Ford Fiesta Style Diesel vs Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.4 CRDI vs Maruti Suzuki SX4 VDI vs Volkswagen Vento Highline Diesel - CarWale
Well, that's good news for people who want those features. What about those who don't want them? Ford will lose such customers to Verna or City which are cheaper.

Actually one has to pay more money for NFF just for useless things like Voice control and Cruise control. I feel Corolla Altis D4-D J is better than Titanium+

no!! if they dropped that also then what will be fiesta's USP?? people will still go for verna only 'coz of great looks and reliable hyundai image!!
Fiesta's USP has been ride and handling (though I have to agree that I haven't driven one [;)]). I feel that apart from providing safety features standard in all models they should have speced the top end fiesta matching the top end verna and matched it for price by dropping cruise control and voice control (since they would add further costs). Whether these two features would become their USP, only time/sales will tell.

Well, that's good news for people who want those features. What about those who don't want them? Ford will lose such customers to Verna or City which are cheaper.

I agree with you completely! There are still many people who want to buy a car just for basic commuting and are not really interested in features. Those people will not be willing to spend so much for a car which has features which they really are not interested in. Ford should have dropped some features in the basic variant and could have made it more affordable.

But on the other hand if you see they have the Fiesta classic already for those people of course if only they are okay with the dated looks now.

Only time can tell whether the customers feel the new features are worth paying for.

Hasn't the deliveries begun? Still not seen one new Fiesta yet!

I guess the deliveries begun couple of days back. Was able to see couple of fiestas standing in front of MPL with blue ribbons. [:)]

Top Bottom