New Ford Fiesta Sedan 2011: Pictures, Review Pg.8 Onwards

The kairali ford executive told me the launch of new Fiesta will be on 4th of July or 14th of July. Price and variiants are unknown to them too. But they promised me that New Fiesta will have ABS & Airbags as standard and it will have a nice interior than Fiesta Classic. I paid 10k for putting my name in the very first list [glasses]

ok, which variat have you booked with kairali ford? petrol or diesel ?
Diesel for sure! But i am not sure about the variant. They told me their will be 4 variants for both engines. I just want a look on to all variants on the launch date and need to pick a VFM model. I prefer built in alloys and music system. No need of cruise control as it is useless on our roads. I hope they will have nice interiors on production vehicles than the TD ones especially on rear doors. Anyway i am waiting for that Silver beauty.

Ford is loosing. They should come up with 5 door diesel version soon.
I hate to see hatchbacks that have the same face of my sedan on roads.[anger] Then why should i go for sedan. That's the reason i get rid off Vento. But the new Verna is nice one to have. Unless the 4 months waiting period i would have choose Verna. I cancelled my booking for Verna and just booked the New Fiesta which one i was looking from months ago before Verna's launch. [thumbsup]

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
The kairali ford executive told me the launch of new Fiesta will be on 4th of July or 14th of July. Price and variiants are unknown to them too. But they promised me that New Fiesta will have ABS & Airbags as standard and it will have a nice interior than Fiesta Classic. I paid 10k for putting my name in the very first list [glasses]
Kairali Ford was correct. Ford is releasing the New Fiesta on 14th July, 2011. Now it is official.

Drive Safe,
350Z

As per Ford india, the Fiesta will be launched on 14July, though they have invited few selected people for special preview at their dealerships on 10th July. So guys all those who had signed up on their website (for details or Td), keep your phones, you may be lucky one to get the invite.

Last edited:
yes, these are pix of the soon-to-be-launched Fiesta hatchback. The car will be priced between 6 to 8 lakhs, and will compete with the likes of hyundai i20 and honda jazz. both petrol and diesel options will be available, utlising the same family of engines as the sedan.

yes, these are pix of the soon-to-be-launched Fiesta hatchback. The car will be priced between 6 to 8 lakhs, and will compete with the likes of hyundai i20 and honda jazz. both petrol and diesel options will be available, utlising the same family of engines as the sedan.
Fiesta Hatchback is not going to launch in near future. I think Ford might be dropped their Fiesta hatchback ideas.

Fiesta Hatchback is not going to launch in near future. I think Ford might be dropped their Fiesta hatchback ideas.
Ford indeed confirmed that they will launch a hatchback below and above the Figo. The one below is not known yet (maybe the new Ka or some other) but the only one above it could be the new Fiesta hatch. So maybe six months after the Fiesta sedan debuts, we can expect the hatchback. Ford has everything ready including the platform and engines as they are already shared with the sedan.

The price of the Fiesta hatch could also be very competitive as all the parts are already being used on the sedan.

The indian market might not accept a high priced hatchback at this moment which is why ford is on a wait and watch strategy. So, there is no chance to fiesta hatchback come to india

Last edited:
The indian market might not accept a high priced hatchback at this moment which is why ford is on a wait and watch strategy. So, there is no chance to fiesta hatchback come to india
What do you exactly mean by a high priced hatchback? The Polo, Hyundai i20 and Micra are sort of high price hatchbacks. Even in these hatchbacks, many buy the top end or mid-variant models only which come to 6 lakhs OTR. I think the Fiesta can be made available in that price.

What do you exactly mean by a high priced hatchback? The Polo, Hyundai i20 and Micra are sort of high price hatchbacks. Even in these hatchbacks, many buy the top end or mid-variant models only which come to 6 lakhs OTR. I think the Fiesta can be made available in that price.
Petrol versions of these hatchbacks are not going to sell much in the current scenario in India. eg: i20 petrol, Micra petrol and Honda Jazz.
When it comes to diesel New Fiesta Hatch may overlap Fiesta Classics price. So there is absolutely no chance.[:D]

Petrol versions of these hatchbacks are not going to sell much in the current scenario in India. eg: i20 petrol, Micra petrol and Honda Jazz.
When it comes to diesel New Fiesta Hatch may overlap Fiesta Classics price. So there is absolutely no chance.[:D]
Exactly. You have the answer there. People will be inclined to buy diesel versions of these hatchbacks which spill over to 7 lakhs OTR. At that price, the Fiesta hatch is infinitely more desirable than others.

With regards to the Fiesta Classic, the sedan-biased buyer might go for it but the more modern buyer will go for the new Fiesta hatch. Either ways, even if the Fiesta Classic's sales come down, it will result in corresponding increase in sales of the hatch which is a win-win situation for Ford. Eventually, the person who steps into the showroom has 2 choices in the same price range - a stylish new gen hatch or a more traditional sedan. So, the he is retained under the Ford umbrella.

Top Bottom