New Ford Fiesta Powershift Road Test Review

Thread Starter #17
Great review Iron Rock. What was the top speed you did on this beauty?
Thanks Nofate, discussions on top speed isnt good on this forum [;)]
Lets just say the vehicle was tested to its limits!
It was fun watching it go over 6k rpm!

^^How was the engine's behavior throughout the rev range?
Has it got the power delivery like the 1.6,strong throughout the rev range or its quite fluctuating?

And is this engine anywhere closer to 1.5 i-vtec in higher revs??Or there is any power loss at high revs like most of the engines?

Thread Starter #19
Well the one we had for the drive was an AT so the more real comparison should be the City AT - now both have diverse strengths. The Fiesta is feature loaded and for out and out driving pleasure whereas the city has the more refined engine(the famous i-vtec) and space. Between the 2 its really the owners choice and the priorities !!

The fiesta engine revs well and power dispatch is linear - the dual clutch gearbox does a fantastic job to make it nearly work as a manual(in terms of experience) + its fuel efficient as well. I think the car is also set up for being fuel efficient so may be there is a very small compromise on power.

It can go up 165kmph pretty easily and effortlessly , beyond 170kmph it will take time. Not that anybody sane would be doing that regularly !

Who needs 165 or 170 kph?
I think after 150 kph most of the drivers stop their right foot and hence the car must be responsive till then after that some short of power is acceptable.
What about that sporty(sport car type) noise which we hear in Fiesta 1.6 or City at higher revs?

Thread Starter #21
Who needs 165 or 170 kph?
I think after 150 kph most of the drivers stop their right foot and hence the car must be responsive till then after that some short of power is acceptable.
What about that sporty(sport car type) noise which we hear in Fiesta 1.6 or City at higher revs?
I mentioned this as a plus point in the review, the grunt/noise it makes in the L mode is music to ears - i had a lot of fun making that noise while overtaking and moving from stand stills - sure turns the head as the engine redlines everytime in L mode!

^^That's what the real treat is.Whenever I redline the i-vtec in a City or a Civic then I just shut the ICE down to just hear this noise at higher revs.It adds a lot to the driving pleasure at higher speeds.
And even more joyful is the sound of Ford 1.6 Duratec.
Now you have tempted me to soon go for one TD of new Fiesta 'Petrol'!!!
But my choice is manual..:biggrin:

I had a chance to drive the new ford fiesta in our office which was bought in 2011 and clocked 50k in ODO.

-Seating position is comfortable and steering wheel position too
-Effortless to move this long sedan and very easy and fun to drive
-Good amount of tubolag found in 2nd gear
-Steering wheel behavior is really excellent which I miss in my Ritz diesel, what must be the reason ??
-clutch is easy and its direction is different from my Ritz and I felt it is bit comfortable in Fiesta
-A dead pedal is really a good feature to keep you left leg have some good rest. I feel is this should be incorporated in all cars
-cruising is effortless after crossing 2000rpm mark

Only thing I felt was, I was not able to notice that I am driving a sedan[frustration], I think only people on the road will know that I am driving a big sedan[lol].

After 50000km on ODO its response is quite good

New Ford Fiesta (Automatic Transmission) Nightmare

After several years of reading reviews and research, I wanted to purchase dual clutch transmission car. Hearing VW reliability and service issues, decided to consider Ford Fiesta DCT (after reading several reviews and experiences) as better option in terms of transmission reliability and service compared to VW. I purchased used Ford Fiesta 2012 Titanium Auto transmission model (registered in 2013 January) sometime around February 2015, which is under warranty till December 2015. Car ran for only 5600 KMs at that point of purchase and looks like brand new. Within few weeks of driving, noticed significant jerks and shuddering with the transmission. Realized why the earlier owner sold new car with less km's on it. Complained to customer service and duly taken to service center (Fortune Ford Tolichowki), they have applied respective TSB and car was ok for 4 or 5 days and then again same issues. This second time they mentioned some internal part loosened and they are tightening and hence the issues. It was again ok for few days and then again same drivability issues at low speeds with noise, jerks and shuddering. Up on escalation to customer service, they diagnosed and in-coordination with Chennai Ford designers, decided that clutch assembly is a problem and replaced it with new clutch assembly. Again it was ok for 5 days and Yesterday night in the middle of traffic, car failed with "transmission mallfunction" error and with lot of difficult I towed the car to my home which was 3 km's away from failed spot. Left side of bonnet was over hot like about to burn.

In this process response of service center as well as customer service is good. Now I lost confidence of driving this car and sent a notices to Ford for compensation of the car cost along with additional penalties for putting me through this pain. I am sure they will again call and replace some part or upgrade but I am not keen investing my time on this unreliable transmission. Waiting to hear from the Ford biggies.

Just wanted to share my experiences with folks on this Forum.

Top Bottom