New Force Gurkha 4x4 Review & Pictures

If the xplorer version comes with 5 doors with all the 4x4 virtues then it's worth. 85PS doesn't bother me much as still now I'm in Bolero 63PS
Yes it is available is what I heard. I am also of the opinion that 85PS is enough. As i drove the 2013 model I didnt find any issue with power delivery. May be some extreme off road conditions may need more power.

What I am still not convinced is the price point. There is no Alloy wheel. They dont need to give conventional safety mechanism but at least the seat belts would have been made to be more practical.

They should have removed the Alloy and made some other tweaks and retained the price tag on the same line as 2013. Then it is competitive. This my personal/naive opinion. Some one who did real test drive and expertise should weigh in.

Can anybody post some pictures from new buyers

Regards
Yes Sir, Yes Sir, three bags full...

@Mods: Two things will ruin this country soon:
1. Gurkha interior quality
2. 1mb jpeg upload limit on TAI

Till something is done about either, let us enjoy the grainy dash of the Gurkha and these grainy pics. Yummyyyyy!!

Mommyyyyy!!!!![cry]

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Force Gurkha 2.2 launched: Lot more POWERFUL than Mahindra Thar

Force Motors has finally introduced the new Gurkha Xtreme with a 140hp motor. The new top-spec variant is priced at Rs 12.99 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India) and gets a number of updates as well.

The new Force Gurkha Xtreme looks quite similar to the standard model but gets major mechanical changes. It comes with a new 2.2-litre engine (derived from the Mercedes-Benz OM611 family) and churns out 140hp and a healthy 321Nm of torque. The lesser variants of the Gurkha continue with the ageing 85hp, 2.6-litre diesel. The new 2.2-litre diesel motor is essentially the same engine that powered the now-discontinued Force One SUV. The Gurkha Xtreme also gets a new Mercedes-Benz G32 5-speed manual gearbox that links the engine to a dual-mass flywheel.

Read:

bhvm

Honoured Member
This was what required since day 1. (Have'nt we discussed this before?). The Engine from force 1.
However, at almost 15 lac on road, only hardcore enthusiasts will line up. As its eating into much more premium vehicles, esp in 'Newlike used' market.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
BSVI-compliant Force Gurkha spied testing

bsvi-compliant-force-gurkha-spy-shot-4b1c.jpg

Force Motors has started testing the BSVI-compliant Gurkha on the roads, a spy shot released by ZigWheels has revealed. Last month, the company had launched the Xtreme variant of the special utility vehicle.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
2019 Force Gurkha launched in India with additional safety equipment

Gurkha-off-road-2.jpg

With the new safety rules implemented in India from 1st April, manufacturers are silently updating their products to meet with the new laws. Force Motors has silently launched the ABS-equipped Gurkha in the Indian market. The new version of the SUV is priced at Rs 11.05 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi. The Gurkha Xplorer ABS is available with both the trims – 3-door and 5-door. The 3-door trim is the top-spec version and is priced at Rs. 13.30 lakh.

Read:

Re: New Force Gurkha 4x4 Test Drive Review

Now that I am a Gurkha owner - I thought I should join this thread and contribute

I have been following this thread for some time and though my mind was more or less made up on buying the Gurkha once it became available 3-4 months back, but I must acknowledge that Iron Rock's superb review was amongst the many inputs that helped me take the final call.

Briefly about me - [glasses] I am ex-army guy who is passionate about the outdoors. I was looking for a really capable vehicle which could be my city use vehicle as well as my go-anywhere vehicle. Waited for about 2 years for the Gurkha to launch (again) and I must be amongst the first few to buy it after the re-launch. Not gone on any serious offroad trip yet (in the last 1month) but planning a drive on the OMR OTR track and a Valparai trip sometime in next few weeks.

Having driven capable vehicles in the army, I must say I am very happy with the Gurkha. Especially with it's overall drive quality.

Just sharing some initial experiences (in random order) and a few pictures.

- Engine is quite strong and can do gentle inclines(my office parking ramp) even on 2nd gear - in fact I am reminded of a joke that there are only 4 gears on a Gurkha. But I prefer to use the 1st gear - at least everytime it starts from rest/after a halt (at a signal/in traffic).

- The suspension is strong as well - may feel stiff but then it has to be - because it is designed to take a heavier beating. So when you drive over small speed breakers the shock absorbers wont absorb much while a car may have felt comfortable - but when you go over a very bad patch, you'll hardly feel it in a Gurkha where as the softer car suspensions might get seriously damaged.

- Highway driving - On a drive to Bangalore, I felt the cabin shudder at 90km/h - but I am a little old-school so I believe in running-in a new engine in the initial days - so didnt push the engine & stayed south of 90km/h. The owner's manual does talk about driving it at around 85 km/h (on 5th gear & they give speed ranges for other gears as well) but thay suggets that only for first 2000km - I am sure the engine may take much longer to run-in - but I am willing to wait for that to happen.

- AC - has been vastly improved [clap]- has a thermostat - and in fact at extreme cold setting (of the thermostat) - it does get very cold - hopefully it will be ideal for the sizzling Chennai summers.

- Gear shifting was a little difficult initially but it has gotten smoother with use over the last 2000 odd km that I have driven in the last one month.

- Brakes tend to 'feel' a tad slow but I think that impression could be because of the ABS.

- Some accessories I feel I absolutely needed - Audio sys+speakers+radio antenna, rear camera (cam input connected to the 2DIN audio screen; rear cam very much required as the vehicle is very high & you dont want to injure someone while backing up or bang any vehicle or anything else behind), new horn(ROOTS), new seat covers, central locking.

- Things to do/add- Jumper cable (my battery drained the day I fitted the central locking due to a bad-wiring job and then I had to get my vehicle push started [cry]), Rear foot step, Anti-rust coating - am looking for advice on this front - required/not required if yes - then which brand - WURST or 3M.

Lastly I must say I have made peace with the ugly looks at least for now - actually was all ready to change the grille & the bumper - even found out the rates for the old ones from the showroom (MPC Force Chennai) - it was 4k & 8/9k - then I realized the fiber bumper is quite strong & it even has quite a lot of metal backing - so based on that discovery, at least for now I am beginning to feel OK with the new looks. That said - you must check out this new review by a Malayalam channel Manorama news - because at around 11m the video features a new look variant of the Gurkha with WARN PTO with additional fog-lamps on the hood & a sleeker/shorter version of the new grill - which sits into the original slot of the face. Check out the video just to catch that new beast.

Waiting to hear from you all.

View attachment 161560
Hi. This is ram from Kerala. I have recently bought a pre-owned Gurkha 2016(same as yours). Do you have any soft copy of owner manual. If no would you mind sending me a PDF of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
New Force Gurkha: A close look

ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fExtraImages%2f20200227112330__DSC5640.jpg

The venerable Force Gurkha off-roader is all set for a major revamp. Shown at Auto Expo 2020 for the first time, the Gurkha gets a new look, a completely redone cabin, updated underpinnings and more creature comforts. While the new Gurkha retains the classic Mercedes G-Wagen silhouette of its predecessor, there’s much that’s changed too. There’s a significantly longer overhang up front, which, along with the shift to plastic bumpers and a chunkier bonnet, was necessary to meet the latest pedestrian protection norms. The cliff-faced front end has also made way for a gentler look here, with the traditional round headlights now sitting recessed amid square surrounds. LED daytime running lights for the headlights are also in keeping with the times.

ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fNews%2f_DSC5649.jpg

The ambience inside is vastly improved by the new dual-tone dashboard, as well as the inclusion of modern-day essentials like a touchscreen infotainment system and front power windows. Central locking, tilt and telescopic adjustable steering, dual airbags and ABS are other important additions. The three-door Gurkha also sees an important change in seating configuration. Its side facing bench seats has made way for a pair of front-facing individual chairs with backrest recline. Access to the second row is now intended to be via the tailgate rather than the front doors. There’s also a pair of side-facing jump seats at the back; but their size and position suggest they’d be best left folded away.

ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3a%2f%2fcdni.autocarindia.com%2fNews%2f_DSC5681.jpg

Read:

Top Bottom