New Force Gurkha 4x4 Review & Pictures

Re: New Force Gurkha 4x4 Test Drive Review

@Iron Rock: Thanks for your replies. So can we expect a real world road test of the Gurkha soon enough?

Was the other Gurkha that you saw at their site (the one with the rectangular headlamps and metal bumpers) the previous version Gurkha or was it a new Gurkha with these cosmetic fitments? I pray it was the new one. I pray again that Force Motors change the mascara and lip gloss with the iron jaw.

Forgot to ask this - any squeaks or creaks from the body panels, chassis, and/or suspension?

By the way, saw the first Gurkha in my life. In that matte black colour with the snorkel, it looked like an elephant doing KIIIIIIIYYYYAAAAOOONNNNNNN with its trunk. Well, no one really needs an elephant; but we all love them when we see them, and I guess therein lies the appeal of such vehicles. Epic.

So Force Motors have managed to sell at least one[clap]:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #32

Sir Its Gurkha birthland (atleast for second stint) - do you get them any cheaper in MP exshowroom i mean ?

It was a new Gurkha but a toiled test mule with old trax facia - so i believe it should be easy swap going to the old look. Nope no creaks from suspension/chassis/body panels - too early for that i think.

Yes we have been promised a detailed real world test with the Gurkha, I hope it happens soon!

OTR price here for the 4x4(x4 heh heh) hard top is 9.55 lakhs. No concession for parentage. So sad.

I just hope it should be an easy swap - bolt on, perhaps. I trust Force Motors not to take the trouble of engineering new mounts for the plastic face.

Can't wait for the real world road test!

By the way, how was the experience in dealing with a Force Motors officials while arranging this TD?

Thread Starter #34

Can't wait for the real world road test!

By the way, how was the experience in dealing with a Force Motors officials while arranging this TD?
Yes we hope a do a real world offroading with videos !

Representatives from Force Motors have been extremely helpful and patient with us despite us asking innumerable questions in the process - they also spent a lot of time on product feedback which was very good and showed their eagerness - i hope its the sign of changing times at Force. I cant thank some of them enough for giving us this opportunity!

Last edited:

I cant thank some of them enough for giving us this opportunity!
I hope you will utilize this opportunity to make stronger bonds with them and as a result we will get to see some sizzling photos and videos of you traversing some great hills, ruts, and crevices!! All the very best, mate!

Thank you sir, metal bumper i understand and to be honest it will be a very easy swap going back to rectangular lamp and that old black grill, but why would you not want the snorkel ?
Because, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm not a fan of chrome either. Very few will actually find it useful. It will just look silly on the road.

However, for a regular off-roader this will come handy but I'm sure many will buy it as a lifestyle vehicle and may not even take it extreme off-road.

Wonderful review IR[clap], i feel this vehicle is well put together compared to it's erstwhile competitor Thar.

It would be interesting to see how many Gurkha's they will be able to sell considering their limited Sales and service network, nevertheless a brave move from Force motor's.

Great review Choosen the right terms while penning down your experiance with Gurkha

thanks for the virtual trip for me the external looks good but inside Force need to improve a lot

no other way this is a 5 star thread

Iron Rock, fabulous sir, simply superb.Loved your review and detailing that you have gone into about gurkha and rightly said yet tobe seen such yet as well.
Sadly they took away that old metal box from front which would be the first thing tobe needed to take this elephant working anywhere anytime anyplace.
Cant the dash be designed a better way when they did soo much to its exteriors to appeal to all why not inside as well?

Thread Starter #41

Wonderful review IR[clap], i feel this vehicle is well put together compared to it's erstwhile competitor Thar.

It would be interesting to see how many Gurkha's they will be able to sell considering their limited Sales and service network, nevertheless a brave move from Force motor's.
Catering to a niche segment especially with a limited service network is a tough ask - but given that Thar has no competition otherwise I am glad they launched it. If i need a 4x4 this will be some where in the top of the list.

Great review Choosen the right terms while penning down your experience with Gurkha

thanks for the virtual trip for me the external looks good but inside Force need to improve a lot

no other way this is a 5 star thread
Thank you kind sir!

Iron Rock, fabulous sir, simply superb.Loved your review and detailing that you have gone into about gurkha and rightly said yet tobe seen such yet as well.
Sadly they took away that old metal box from front which would be the first thing tobe needed to take this elephant working anywhere anytime anyplace.
Cant the dash be designed a better way when they did soo much to its exteriors to appeal to all why not inside as well?
Thanks Vijay, You are right for 9.5L OTR I would expect better plastic quality dashboard/internal fit and finish - we gave this as a strong feedback and hope Force takes it in its strides.

for 9.5L OTR I would expect better plastic quality dashboard/internal fit and finish - we gave this as a strong feedback and hope Force takes it in its strides.
So whats the feedback on the feedback? Would you mind sharing the points given by you to the Force guys/gals? I sincerely hope they had deputed someone senior in the hierarchy to take the feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #43

It was a long conversation but a short gist of it is as below :-

- Gurkha is lifestyle vehicle, it needs to be backed up by an enthusiastic service response and there should be events(off road) encouraging Gurkha owners to come together.

- The dashboard needs to be better quality, a good strong AC and so should be general internal fit/finish aspects. Smoother gearbox.

- The second row could come up front a little bit more so they could place a jump seat back, however unergonomic it will help pass some excise benefit to the customer may be and will have some utility value too

- I didnt suggest them a CRDe engine but rather a little more output from this DI engine - we know its capable of that - 100bhp would have been a good mark or thereabouts, while its torquey already a little more is always welcome.

- Told them while PTO is absent they should have long list of off road accessories, custom winch even metal bumpers, including options to upsize while buying - offroaders should feel at home working with the Gurkha Accessory team!

- Lot of other minor nitty gritties including how many are still fan of the old butch looks etc etc.

Last edited:

Affirmative with the non-common rail thing. The erstwhile Judo used to come with a version of the same engine and pumped almost 100ps more than ten years back.

For off roading, the simpler the better.

[clap]

Amazing review, makes me want to run to the showroom and grab one.
one of the best reviews i have ever read, felt i was there with you guys.

the small imperfections in looks make it so much more desirable.

thanks for the amazing review which you have covered to the last detail [clap]

(blame yourself for forcing me to consider a trade-off, despite still being all enchanted and so very much in love with my good old Scorpio - it's that magnetic) [surprise]

Top Bottom