New First Compact Sedan

Thread Starter #1
I have shortlisted Skoda Rapid Ambition,Honda City Corporate and Nissan sunny XL.
Please help me selecting 1 of these.

Kms driven monthly - 600 kms
City/Highway usage% - 60:40
Max No.of Passangers - 3 most of the time
Average height of family members- 5.5
Boot space Importance -Medium
Travel bug ? no
Usage by - self driven
Ownership - city
Safety - Medium
Encounter bad roads? Yes
[confused]

The Honda City with its corporate edition makes good VFM now. Safety features are standard in all variants. The downside i see with City is low GC and slightly expensive spares. You are saying you will encounter bad roads , just take a TD in those roads with 3 or 4 people on board to check it's GC.

Are you considering Rapid in Petrol? Then avoid it. In all the reviews i read , Rapid Petrol faired poorly. Your monthly running does not justify a diesel either.

Sunny is good but i did not like the highway performance of the car. In general nothing impressed me in Sunny apart from its huge space. Wafer thin dealership network is a cause of worry.

All three are good cars and have their own pros and cons and suit your requirements but for sheer peace of mind, I would suggest you the Honda City Corporate; I know its a little old in this company, but still. The Corporte version, though a little short on features, does comes with ABS and airbags as standard fitments.

The Rapid is a good car but Skoda after sales service is horrible. Nissan has a nonexistent service network.

I agree with Sam & CoolDhaya. Since you dont need huge boot & lot of space in backseat, Sunny loses its significance. Between the Rapid petrol & city corporate, of course the Honda will pay you more dividends for sure.

Cheers

Jazzy

Thread Starter #5
Help me buy a new car with these parameters

Fuel-Petrol
Whats your Budget - 8.2 lakh on-road mumbai
Kms driven monthly - 600 kms
Bodyshell - Sedan
City/Highway usage% - 60:40
Max No.of Passangers - 3 most of the time
Average height of family members- 5.5
Boot space Importance - Low
Travel bug ?No
Usage by - Self driven
Ownership - City
Safety - Medium
Encounter bad roads?Often([frustration]Mumbai roads!![anger])
Previous cars ?none!!

I would blindly go for a honda city, at 600kms per month you dont need a diesel anyways, the i-vtec will serve u for a life time.

Honda City is in kinda slump right now. Just push your dealer to give remote locking as a part of the deal. If not you can get it done from outside from accessory shop.

Doesn't City CE come with remote locking?

Re: Help me buy a new car with these parameters

Hey ravib,

Welcome to TAI !!

Regarding your query, what I can suggest you are

1. Honda - New Honda City -> Classy looks(in-out), a very refined engine, great after sales support, quite easy for in-city driving. N'uff said !!

2.Ford - Fiesta Classic -> Excellent driving dynamics(the best in handling in its class), solid build quality(in-out), great low end torque which supports easy in-city driving, excellent high speed stability, very competitive pricing and quite a beast when it comes to the power and amazing brakes. Low on space and after sales support not as great as hyundai or maruti or not even honda for that matter.

3. Fiat - Linea T-Jet -> Again a bomb shell, killer looks, excellent build quality, best in class ride comfort, handling, power but misses that edge on the above two options due to the after sales support. There seems to be an improvement on it but will take time.

4. Maruti Suzuki - SX4 -> Good looks, space. I had fallen in love with it when it was launched, but when I took a test drive, never thought about it again. Driving dynamics are too shaky, not good at handling.

5. Hyundai - Accent -> A nice car when its wid the crdi engine, but it looks totally out of the league now. I am not sure if you would prefer it.

6. Volkswagen - Vento -> A very nicely built solid car in your budget, looks, comfort, adequate space and ample amount of safety features. An excellently well designed and integrated boot. Practically good at almost everything in this budget. The variant to your liking might not fall within this budget.

7. Toyota - Etios -> A very comfortable(practical) sedan for a family, excellent after sales support from Toyota, quality, pricing. Very good for in-city driving. Good amount of space in the boot.

8. Skoda - Rapid -> Very well built, overall a vento in a shell of Skoda, competitive pricing(a Vento in another shell at a lower price), very good at driving and handling. Overall a nice package in the budget, but the petrol engine is not as good as the diesel. Stories of Skoda after sales service are not so inspiring.

You could also consider the Nissan Sunny and the Tata Manza which I feel are a very good VFM cars. The decision basically depends on what you want rather than what some1 suggests.

It would be better if you start taking the test rides of all the above and shortlist 2-3 may be 4 which you have your heart pounding upon :biggrin:. Members here would be able to guide you better from there on...

Good Luck !!

Between the 3 options that you have bro, i would say Honda City as it is Honda and will serve for you for a long time.

Top Bottom