New Delhi & NCR Live Traffic Updates

FlyByWire;259607[QUOTE said:
]Now, that's a simpler question to answer. Certainly I'll follow him.
And what makes the person ahead you go over the patch?

Re traffic jams or slow moving traffic, convergence zones will always lead to slowdowns , unless replaced by flyovers. They are further accentuated by poor lane discipline. What is bad is poor planning, which actually cause bottlenecks that you were alluding to. For example, coming from AIIMS, as you get down from flyover at Bhikaji Cama Place, there is a bus stop immediately. Lots of Jams just because of this poor placement.
AIIMS bus stop is still okay, traffic is not jam packed and one can guess the movement of buses. Poor state is of the convergence from Akshardham to Patparganj where at least 6 lane road converts into two lane one.

What makes him go over the patch? His assessment that things are fine if he goes over the patch, which was the point I made in the beginning!

What makes him go over the patch? His assessment that things are fine if he goes over the patch, which was the point I made in the beginning!
That is what I said no.
If we know the road well, if its our daily route and if there is almost zero probability of road gotten broken overnight by rain, we should not hesitate to go through it.

And the point I made was even if I decide to avoid that patch for no apparent reason, there is nothing wrong with that. To each, his own!

Of course that's wrong. Why cause jam fir no apparent reason?
If there is no apparent reason for Rightnow, he's welcome to dive right in.
Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with it. I have nothing more to add. All the best convincing guys to wade through water!

If there is no apparent reason for Rightnow, he's welcome to dive right in.
Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and I disagree with it. I have nothing more to add. All the best convincing guys to wade through water!
I am sad to know that I couldn't convince you.
Anyways lets end discussion here.

I am sad to know that I couldn't convince you.
Anyways lets end discussion here.
Good idea! Let's not hijack this thread. We can restart this discussion when next monsoons hit Delhi !! [;)]

Another poorly engineered place in Delhi is the single lane flyover over RTR.... nightmare during rush hours in the mornings. Never seen it in evening hours. Must be as bad!

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
The way towards DND from Gautam Buddh Park is terribly flooded. Please avoid this route for the sake of your car.

2013-08-07 12.27.10.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh !! Vibhor is that heavy rains in Delhi at the moment ?? is the monsoon full swing now as I have trip to Delhi in 3/4th week

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
Oh !! Vibhor is that heavy rains in Delhi at the moment ?? is the monsoon full swing now as I have trip to Delhi in 3/4th week
Yup. You could say so. Although the weather is quite pleasant right now but it's the choked drainage and sheer traffic mismanagement that makes the situation worse.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
Nice initiative from DTP. They've released a useful Android app which also keeps updated on real-time traffic status.

Here's the download link.

Delhi Traffic Police App.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Massive Traffic Jam at NH8 For 15 Kms!!

Friends,

Its really outrageous to think and yesterday it happened in real. A 15km long and for a time of 8 hours in harsh heat of summer the traffic at NH8 came to a stand-still from Sirhaul (the earlier toll plaza) to Dhaula Kuan. Lakhs of passengers were stranded in the jam for no fault of their.

The reason for this massive traffic jam was told to be un-coordinated closure of 24 lanes of the Express way and the lanes simply shrunk to 8 from 32 lane.

Friday's operation to reduce lane width was done without any coordination among government agencies, triggering a blame game at the end of the day. Gurgaon Police, whose perceived inefficiency was the subject of ridicule among commuters all day, issued a statement to say it was not to blame for the mess as it hadn't been informed by the National Highways Authority of India. But the NHAI also said it wasn't in the know and the exercise had been undertaken unilaterally by MCEPL, the firm that operates the expressway.
link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom