New Car Under Rs.3 Lac – Alto 800 or Nano LX? Suggestions Invited.

new car between 2 to 3 lakhs(+/- 30,000)

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
i am planning to buy the new alto 800 which is going to be launched on 16th of october. and i want it in Diwali and for that i need to book it at least around 25th of october. so can you please arrange the preview of the same as soon as it gets launched so that i can book it within 10 days after reading your preview i.e. on 25th of october. if you have any negative views about alto 800 then also let me know because earlier i was thinking of nano lx model.but i heard the speculation tht it will be in the range of 2 to 3 lakhs. so kindly suggest me the car between the same range with cng option if not alto 800 or nano lx and if its not possible to upload the preview in time.again thanks in advance.

I have voted for Alto 800 as even car is not launched, but that is the faith on Maruti from the years.

Nano is much better spacious car, but it is not available in CNG

Eon : Already my brother bought it and I am not happy with it while driving.[:)]

I would say, better wait for the Alto 800 which is due for a launch soon. I am sure, it will turn out a better product, atleast an improved version of the current hot-seller Maruti Alto.

Thread Starter #4
I have voted for Alto 800 as even car is not launched, but that is the faith on Maruti from the years.

Eon : Already my brother bought it and I am not happy with it while driving.[:)]
thanks for the reply but can you enlighten me as to why did not you like the eon?

I would say, better wait for the Alto 800 which is due for a launch soon. I am sure, it will turn out a better product, atleast an improved version of the current hot-seller Maruti Alto.
yes but i think it will not be that improved version as compared to the price tag it has and i am not sure about the price tag also so is it worth the wait?and again i am doubtful about its overall design ,tall boy design,rear leg room,looks etc as far as price is concerned.actually my family wants a spacious car and i am the only person who can decide about speciousness and other aspects as others are not interested in it they just want a car thts it.,so if my choice goes wrong then i will have to keep listening to their taunts.[frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New Car Under Rs.3 Lac – Alto 800 or Nano LX? Suggestions Invited.

yes but i think it will not be that improved version as compared to the price tag it has and i am not sure about the price tag also so is it worth the wait?and again i am doubtful about its overall design ,tall boy design,rear leg room,looks etc as far as price is concerned.actually my family wants a spacious car and i am the only person who can decide about speciousness and other aspects as others are not interested in it they just want a car thts it.,so if my choice goes wrong then i will have to keep listening to their taunts.[frustration]
If space is the prime factor, then Nano is the way to go. Alto/Alto 800 can no ways match the spacious cabin of Tatas.

Hello Paragthegreat,
Alto 800 would surely be a successful product.
I would suggest you to do the booking now itself and get the allotment of the car in the initial days of launch itself.[clap]
If you are so confused of what to choose, go for the present gen Alto LXi which would be a safe buy. If you have an extendable budget you can also look for Alto K10 LXi which would be a much nicer choice.
Anyday I would advice you to buy a Maruti Alto 800/K10/ordinary Alto over a Nano/Eon.

Thread Starter #7

Hello Paragthegreat,
Alto 800 would surely be a successful product.
I would suggest you to do the booking now itself and get the allotment of the car in the initial days of launch itself.[clap]
If you are so confused of what to choose, go for the present gen Alto LXi which would be a safe buy. If you have an extendable budget you can also look for Alto K10 LXi which would be a much nicer choice.
Any day I would advice you to buy a Maruti Alto 800/K10/ordinary Alto over a Nano/Eon.
thanks a lot but any particular reason why not eon or nano? even in the post above it is mentioned tht eon is not tht good. whts the problem with eon? i just want to get it clarified and i am not a hyundai big fan or something like tht its just for my knowledge. and even i think that soon to be launched new alto 800 will be a better choice keeping all the factors in mind i.e. space(even though not better than nano),price,maruti brand,after sales service,minimum operating cost,least numbers of breakdown etc.

to be frank enough i have only 1 short question for you all-is it advisable for a person who was thinking about getting a nano lx initially and then switching to alto 800 cng after hearing the news of launching it? (i know that fuels are different but nano lx is 2,31,000 OTR and alto 800 will be 3,00,000 so i can put that extra 70,000 in petrol for nano.) so my economical mind says nano but heart says alto 800 even if i have to put that 70,000 extra initially for cng variant of new alto 800.[confused]

thanks for the reply but can you enlighten me as to why did not you like the eon?
Parag

Eon is a good car by space inside and boot space too, but two things I do not like is its pick up is not even like M800(I used it earlier) and the second thing is about Hyundai service and spares cost and its FE[confused]

Nano - I like everything in this car, but disappointed with its exhaust sound and people perception on the road(they feel like you bought the cheapest car and the quality one)

Coming to Maruti, I have not seen a Maruti product failing just like that, in recent years A-star was bit a failure, but they are also seen in good numbers because of AT version I hope. More strong point owing a Maruti for its reliable, niggle free life and less service and spares cost and their network. It may not be very great in features and safety aspects, but it really offers peace of mind[:)]

to be frank enough i have only 1 short question for you all-is it advisable for a person who was thinking about getting a nano lx initially and then switching to alto 800 cng after hearing the news of launching it? (i know that fuels are different but nano lx is 2,31,000 OTR and alto 800 will be 3,00,000 so i can put that extra 70,000 in petrol for nano.) so my economical mind says nano but heart says alto 800 even if i have to put that 70,000 extra initially for cng variant of new alto 800.[confused]
Eon is a car which is equipped with an engine that is tuned to deliver maximum mileage.Moreover there are reports that the refinement levels are on the lower side.
Regarding Nano, its a VFM. Its fuel efficient spacious and modern too. But since you are looking for a car for your family which would include highway trips also it would be better to opt for Alto/K10/Alto 800.
If you are skeptical about how the new offering would be you can go for Alto LXi (800 cc)which is a proven car.

The new Alto CNG will be priced more than 3L, i feel going for Nano LX makes more sense as you will end up saving more than a lakh on this version,

There are also rumours about Nano CNG being launched around Diwali.

I voted for the Eon as I feel it has the BEST interiors of all small hatchbacks (in that price range). The only BIG issue is the gear knob vibrating like hell (but common I cant ask best of all worlds in one car, isnt it). Although service is costly in Hyundai, the cars come with better build quality than some of its competitors, FRESH designs etc

Interior fit & finish will still be the best in EON. However I dont think it'll come OTR for less than 3 Lakhs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

I voted for the Eon as I feel it has the BEST interiors of all small hatchbacks (in that price range). The only BIG issue is the gear knob vibrating like hell (but common I cant ask best of all worlds in one car, isnt it). Although service is costly in Hyundai, the cars come with better build quality than some of its competitors, FRESH designs etc

Interior fit & finish will still be the best in EON. However I dont think it'll come OTR for less than 3 Lakhs.
yes you are right about eon and its ok for me if it goes +/- 30000.
@visran are you sure about nano cng in diwali and i cant imagine a cng tank with 623 cc engine? the car will cry like this smily[cry]

My option will be Hyundai eon.
I own a NANO cx pre 2012. If you drive mostly in the city ,FE ,spaceand cost are your requirements then go for NANO. It is not advisable to take NANO for a long highway drive due to the 15L fuel tank. Let me share something from my experience.
Recently I did 450 km long drive on the NH7. I filled the tank full. And I started my journey. So when my fuel indicator showed 3points (~6L) I started looking for fuel pumps and I couldn't find one for almost 100km.so I feel 15l tank is one of the Negatives

about the eon. I have driven it once. 814cc and 55bhp. Which higher than the new alto 800. Interiors of eon are with good quality plastics and stylish too. I liked the curves on the body also. Steering is very lighter and the gear too. So just visit Hyundai showroom and take a test drive

btw NANO's exhaust sounds are little reduced in the 2012 version and Tata motors did the same mods one the pre versions at free of cost.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

My option will be Hyundai eon.
I own a NANO cx pre 2012. If you drive mostly in the city ,FE ,spaceand cost are your requirements then go for NANO. It is not advisable to take NANO for a long highway drive due to the 15L fuel tank. Let me share something from my experience.
Recently I did 450 km long drive on the NH7. I filled the tank full. And I started my journey. So when my fuel indicator showed 3points (~6L) I started looking for fuel pumps and I couldn't find one for almost 100km.so I feel 15l tank is one of the Negatives

about the eon. I have driven it once. 814cc and 55bhp. Which higher than the new alto 800. Interiors of eon are with good quality plastics and stylish too. I liked the curves on the body also. Steering is very lighter and the gear too. So just visit Hyundai showroom and take a test drive

btw NANO's exhaust sounds are little reduced in the 2012 version and Tata motors did the same mods one the pre versions at free of cost.
yes actually i had even read your ownership experience and i was quite impressed with the nano.and in fact i had completely planned and decided to go for nano lx also.but somehow this news of alto 800 came with more or less same price tag and i started getting confused.because its offering cng and although i need to pay 70,000 extra initially i need not worry afterwords about fuel consumption while driving.so totally confused right now.if i get a first hand review of the alto 800 from the moderators then my confusion may get reduced after 16th of October launch.[clap]

Top Bottom