New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Update shared by Samo![:)] That's how truth and honest effort takes a strong stand against cleverness!

Originally Posted by samo
Update :
After few strong emails to Navnit Motors an telling them on email that if you dont agree to give me latest car, I am okay, if you do not give me my 11Lakhs back, I am also okay. I will consider it as donated money and go to Maruti HQ ! Delhi and put my case in front of them if they give me time. I had recorded each and every word we had discussed in the chain of emails.

Seems it helped. Today their (Navnit) Sales Manager came to my office along with 2 SAs, 1 who had taken my order and the other who had taken me to the stockyard.. And they have agreed to allot a latest car they are expecting to land in a day or two. I still doubt them, but lets see. Thanks man. I will keep you guys updated.
Regards

Akash

I too got the update via private message and it's really great to know that the dealer is on the back-foot now.

@Samo:
You need not to worry about anything now, the dealer won't dare to mess in your case at all given that they may be now are aware that you have the reach up to their BIG DADDY. Now just do a thorough PDI of the car you are allotted using the well detailed PDI checklist we have on our forum here:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html Page 1. :tongue:
View attachment new_car_pre-delivery_inspection_checklist_-_the_automotive_india.com_(1).pdf
I have a couple of times done PDI using this checklist and I can tell you that this checklist covers the minute details which we don't even think of while looking at the car. Follow this list and carry out the PDI and keep us known of the progress ahead.

Last edited:
Hello experts,

This is my first post on TAI. I really liked the forum discussions as it is helping me a lot

I hope my queries can be handled in this forum.

Tomorrow I have PDI for Honda City as Honda Sales agent told me that the required model is now available. Since I have fixed delivery date on Sunday (20 Dec) and the payment needs to be done by cheque, therefore sales agent wants me to hand over the cheque tomorrow itself after PDI is completed once I am satisfied with the car. As per sales agent the encashment of cheque takes time so it should be handed over by Thursday for car delivery on Sunday. My concern is after PDI and final payment cheque handover on Thursday, The car still remains with Honda team till Sunday.

Is this normal process? can the cheque handover be done on the day of car delivery.

Please advice at earliest possible

Akash1886

Honoured Member
This is my first post on TAI. I really liked the forum discussions as it is helping me a lot

I hope my queries can be handled in this forum.

Tomorrow I have PDI for Honda City as Honda Sales agent told me that the required model is now available. Since I have fixed delivery date on Sunday (20 Dec) and the payment needs to be done by cheque, therefore sales agent wants me to hand over the cheque tomorrow itself after PDI is completed once I am satisfied with the car. As per sales agent the encashment of cheque takes time so it should be handed over by Thursday for car delivery on Sunday. My concern is after PDI and final payment cheque handover on Thursday, The car still remains with Honda team till Sunday.

Is this normal process? can the cheque handover be done on the day of car delivery.
Hi buddy, You may handover the cheque on Friday as well after completing the PDI tomorrow. 3rd Saturday is a working day for banks and cheques in any case take 24 hours for clearing and out-station cheques take 48 hours. So be patient and don't worry. Properly carry out the PDI and then handover the payment. Once your cheque is cleared on Saturday, you may proceed for car's delivery on Sunday as planned.

Regards

Akash

Hi buddy, You may handover the cheque on Friday as well after completing the PDI tomorrow. 3rd Saturday is a working day for banks and cheques in any case take 24 hours for clearing and out-station cheques take 48 hours. So be patient and don't worry. Properly carry out the PDI and then handover the payment. Once your cheque is cleared on Saturday, you may proceed for car's delivery on Sunday as planned.

Regards

Akash
Thanks a lot Akash.

Your response assured me that it is fine to submit cheque in advance (1-2 days) before actual day of delivery. As first car buyer, was little skeptical in giving full payment before day of delivery.[:D]

Also the sales agent gave me the VIN number for the Honda city 9th & 10th character is "MF" which if decoded becomes Dec 2015. Not sure if this is true or not. Will check the same. I already downloaded the latest PDI checklist from this forum.

Any other specific inputs for undertaking PDI for Honda city (V model) will be most welcome.

Regards

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks Akash.

Any other specific inputs for undertaking PDI for Honda city (V model) will be most welcome.
Who's the dealer? Also suggest you to take a good look on Tyre(s) and ODO. Make a small walk-around video which shall capture every minute external details. Look carefully for any stains if there on seat covers. Check properly for spare wheel and tool kit. All the very best.[clap]

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
@Chazy:
It is common to have Honda and Maruti cars manufactured a week or two back in NCR. Reason being that the transportation time for the cars here is in hours from the dispatch from plant to the dealership.

I have came across the September manufactured Honda City and Jazz (3 pieces total, 2 City and 1 Jazz) on 12th September itself. So having a fresh out of oven piece from MS or Honda here in NCR is nothing surprising.

Thx akash/vipul

Just one more query can I get copy of form22 from dealer once pdi is completed and balance payment is made through cheque.... The sales agent is willing to show copy of form22 but not willing to give a copy for my reference

In this case any specific item I should check in form22 apart from VIN number

Thx

Just go through the VIN number and check if you are interested in any more details written on the form. On a personal note, I haven't till date even checked what document this form 22 actually it.

Finished PDI today and everything looked fine. Was little disappointed that the car had Goodyear tyres. I was hoping for my luck on Michelin/Bridgestone. Will have to bear with it. Also Spare wheel is not alloy wheel and checked that HONDA no longer gives Spare wheel as Alloy. (cost cutting!!!)
Also opted for Front/Rear bumper protectors and Gear Lock as accessories.

Would you recommend changing of tyres from 175mm to 185mm....have read in many forums now that 185mm tyres give better stability to City. The sales agent was of the view that during initial stages better not to change any tyres and continue to use the tyres which comes with original car.

It's an impressive thread and info. Thanks 370z.
My vehicle will be in the stockyard in 3 or for days.
Checklist of pdi will be very helpful

Urgent Help Required

Hello folks

I booked and paid full amount for TATA SAFARI STORME from National Auto Wheels, Hadapsar, Pune dealer.

I was suppose to take delivery day before yesterday. Vehicle was cleaned, polished and brought to showroom for the delivery. While inspecting vehicle before delivery I found color shade difference as marked by red arrow in the picture. This is definitely not difference due to lighting. We checked car by moving in to direct sunlight, difference is still visible.

Aslo I found rear door behind driver was not in proper alignment with front door marked by blue arrow.

I refused to take delivery of the vehicle. The matter is on hold.

Do you think rear door has been repaired? What should I do now? Please help.

Last edited:
Re: Urgent help required

Hello folks

I booked and paid full amount for TATA SAFARI STORME from National Auto Wheels, Hadapsar, Pune dealer.

I was suppose to take delivery day before yesterday. Vehicle was cleaned, polished and brought to showroom for the delivery. While inspecting vehicle before delivery I found color shade difference as marked by red arrow in the picture. This is definitely not difference due to lighting. We checked car by moving in to direct sunlight, difference is still visible.

Aslo I found rear door behind driver was not in proper alignment with front door marked by blue arrow.

I refused to take delivery of the vehicle. The matter is on hold.

Do you think rear door has been repaired? What should I do now? Please help.

The rear door is showing definitely different shade. It seems like rear door is colored locally due to some impact. Haven't you done PDI prior to registration? Because once the vehicle is registered then its too hard to convince dealer.

Lets wait for other advice's from forum members !!

Hi, Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I think you must escalate this issue to TML regional manager by tweeting or emailing. In any case do not take delivery if you are not satisfied.

couldn't make much from the picture. but if you are not happy about something that you are getting from your hard earned money, refuse it. It's not what you want in the begining of a new ownership.

This sort of misalaigment in doors in seen in older dicors blame it on the door hings that holds the door and the lock panel.

still tata is mainting it's tradition. [frustration]

Top Bottom