New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Re: Suggestions needed - Buying a new car

I don't agree with this practice either. It could be possible that your allocated car may get re-threaded Tyres as well. Can you please click some pics of the presently seen car? I need the Tyre(s) pic specially.

Regards
Akash
Akash,
I do not have the pics of the car, but have taken down the VIN number of the car at the time of going to their warehouse - MA3FJEB1S00826590&JF. please help decode the manufacturing month and date of the car.

Another interesting thing is that I was told that if I reject this car, and place an order for a fresh car then I need to wait for 1 month to get the new vehicle. This seems to be on the higher side as I cross-checked with other dealers and they told me that waiting time of dzire diesal is of around 2 weeks !!

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I do not have the pics of the car, but have taken down the VIN number of the car at the time of going to their warehouse - MA3FJEB1S00826590&JF. please help decode the manufacturing month and date of the car.
I am not sure but to me it seems a September model. Please reconfirm on the letters in BOLD.

Another interesting thing is that I was told that if I reject this car, and place an order for a fresh car then I need to wait for 1 month to get the new vehicle. This seems to be on the higher side as I cross-checked with other dealers and they told me that waiting time of dzire diesal is of around 2 weeks !!
Frankly, the SA was pushing this particular car on you. It could be possible that there would be some hidden issues with it and the dealer is doing-away with it. Better avoid the car as well as dealer now. Buy it from any other dealer. You should have peace of mind when investing your hard earned money.

Regards

Akash

I am not sure but to me it seems a September model. Please reconfirm on the letters in BOLD.

Frankly, the SA was pushing this particular car on you. It could be possible that there would be some hidden issues with it and the dealer is doing-away with it. Better avoid the car as well as dealer now. Buy it from any other dealer. You should have peace of mind when investing your hard earned money.

Regards

Akash
@ Akash,
yes the last 2 letters are JF only.

@Usrivpx:
This is an October (10th month = J) 2015 (6th year from 2010 = F) manufactured Maruti Suzuki.

It is safe to go with this car.

Regarding tyre issues:
Even if the dealership changes the tires then also your warranty will be intact. Changing the tires with their stock size until you increase the net effective diameter won't effect the warranty.

Don't be so much sceptical and go for the car if you have found it well.

BTW what's the issue with JK tyres that is stopping you from going for JK rubber?

URGENT HELP REQUESTED:Temporary Registration : does delear do it just like that?

Dear Freinds,
Request urgent help.
I am not disclosing any names. brands as it's just started.
I have paid in FULL to the dealer.
I was shown a car which has "temperory registration" plate on it.
The delear man said, it's a dealer registration.
On other cars in the stock yard, there was no such registration plate.
Car looks 4 months old.
I did not check the Kilometers as the discussion for Old car as per VIN went on for long time.
Is this car likely to be used already?
Regards,
SaMo

Re: URGENT HELP REQUESTED:Temporary Registration : does delear do it just like that?

URGENT HELP BEING PROVIDED

1) Maybe this car was allotted to some customer and the deal was cancelled at the final moment.
2) Do a proper PDI to make sure the car is unused
3) If the car is free from any issues, then you can go for it; given that the dealer is taking the complete headache of registration process, if any.
4) BTW I doubt if the cars are ever registered while being transported to the dealer.

Re: URGENT HELP REQUESTED:Temporary Registration : does delear do it just like that?

Thanks a lot. Lets see, I am almost decided to fight in the court/consumer court if the need be, putting my 11 Lakhs on table. As you pointed out, could be a deal gone sour case.
Waiting for further replies from dealer and car manufacturer, expecting that they will reply.
I could be a fool to expect this, but still let's hope....

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Request urgent help.
I am not disclosing any names. brands as it's just started.
I have paid in FULL to the dealer.
I was shown a car which has "temperory registration" plate on it.
The delear man said, it's a dealer registration.
On other cars in the stock yard, there was no such registration plate.
Car looks 4 months old.
I did not check the Kilometers as the discussion for Old car as per VIN went on for long time.
Is this car likely to be used already?
Buddy was the car having a White TC Number Plate? If that is so then probably, the dealer is trying to sell you a TD or Display car or a car whose deal did not go through earlier. May be that car was prepared for delivery for another customer but it was not sold. The dealer is trying to clear the inventory. In the stockyard, cars often have Red/Yellow Trade Certificate pasted. So, my suggestion would be to avoid buying the car shown to you and if SA is bullying you, talk to the dealership management and if needed mark a mail to the concerned brand. About the manufacturing, if you can have a look on that car's odo and check the VIN in someway, it would further clear the air.

Regards

Akash

White plate, yes; if the car has white plate then maybe it's a TD car (The Red TC reg is the one which dealer gets from company). I have came across a demo car at a MS dealership once (they were honest though, clearly mentioning that it was a demo car and has 40k discount) but the way dealership guys had just rejuvenated the car was worth appreciating. The car looked newer than the brand new cars IMO and seemed completely flawless.

Maybe the dealership guys are playing a trick with you.

BTW if you hold your stand and strictly deny taking the delivery of this car, then you can easily get an another fresh car allotted to you (given that you are not tempted by a good deal on 4 month old example). And if you were getting huge discounts then simply pay them the discounted money and get a fresh copy for you.

No discounts I asked for as I had made clear I want max prior month manufactured car and I will do the pre-registration inspection before handing over Form 20. Thanks to TAI for giving me this knowledge.
I am surprised, why someone should try to cheat a good customer.
I have also marked the emails to "contact email" from manufacturer's portal. Let's see if someone cares for customers here.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am surprised, why someone should try to cheat a good customer.
I have also marked the emails to "contact email" from manufacturer's portal.
Buddy in India, even the best of the automotive brands shall often suffer insult simply because of their sub-standard dealer network. Often dealers go an extra mile to earn profit out of crooked practices like these because on every individual car their margin is low. And second thing being, the Dealers are contacted by brands on beginning of each month for allocation of new cars so the dealer has to show up a clean inventory to them. If a particular unit has not been sold by the dealer so far, and he is being questioned by the brand for it, and till date he has no reply to the OEM's questions, therefore, he has picked on you to sell-off that car so that he can show a sale and then he'll get a new car from the brand.

Regards

Akash

@Samo:
Just mailing on the 'contact us' mail is not enough. In case you are unwilling to share the name of dealer, brand and car public ally, you can PM it to me and Akash (BTW, Akash will prove more helpful, I too contact him only) with these details and maybe we can guide you exactly where and whom to contact.

BTW you tweeted this to manufacturer? IMO you can freely deny taking the delivery and ask for a brand new car.

Top Bottom