New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Spotted!

I would like to know good place to get the 3M film fitted on the car. Any specific genuine places around Delhi/NCR?
Buddy are you looking for a PPF treatment? or Sun Film? There is one outlet of 3M in Kailash Colony, New Delhi. Though honestly if you are going for a PPF then better avoid wasting your money since in our traffic this won't be useful.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Buddy are you looking for a PPF treatment? or Sun Film? There is one outlet of 3M in Kailash Colony, New Delhi. Though honestly if you are going for a PPF then better avoid wasting your money since in our traffic this won't be useful.

Regards

Akash

I was referring to sun film, sorry for being unclear. How much would the sun film cost and this will be legal one? I don't want the trouble of cops later.

I have been offered chrome-kit/side-stepper/Teflon & Anti-rust costing as part of the offer.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I was referring to sun film, How much would the sun film cost and this will be legal one? I don't want the trouble of cops later.
Do not go for sun-film. Totally banned in Delhi-NCR. At max go for a stripe on front windshield that is all.

I have been offered chrome-kit/side-stepper/Teflon & Anti-rust costing as part of the offer.
Buddy Chrome overload is never good for the car. XUV is really good car in itself so don't use any chrome. Teflon is neither required since its all temporary. Side Step is ok as it helps in egress and ingress for old people and others too and Anti-rust is also good since the water we get here is really corrosive so it would help prevent rust. One thing I would like to say here, when the car would be going for anti-rust please make sure you are present in person so that these people do not trick you.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Do not go for sun-film. Totally banned in Delhi-NCR. At max go for a stripe on front windshield that is all.

Buddy Chrome overload is never good for the car. XUV is really good car in itself so don't use any chrome. Teflon is neither required since its all temporary. Side Step is ok as it helps in egress and ingress for old people and others too and Anti-rust is also good since the water we get here is really corrosive so it would help prevent rust. One thing I would like to say here, when the car would be going for anti-rust please make sure you are present in person so that these people do not trick you.

Regards

Akash
I somewhat agree with you, but we saw a delivery ready car with chrome and it caught everyone's attention..may be it is XUV500 totally or a bit of chrome..

I will surely get in for the anti-rust, also do you recommend front and rear guards and also front parking sensors? should I get these at mahindra?

Thanks for all your help mate, really thankful to you!

Akash1886

Honoured Member

I somewhat agree with you, but we saw a delivery ready car with chrome and it caught everyone's attention..may be it is XUV500 totally or a bit of chrome..
See buddy, too much of chrome leads to unwanted attention. I personally feel XUV's character is best with OEM looks only. Chrome equals un-needful sparkle for me as person.

also do you recommend front and rear guards and also front parking sensors? should I get these at mahindra?
One thing to be noted, when the car takes a hit from front or rear even at mediocre intensity, then with these guards the bumper gets mis-aligned. Secondly, Crash guards are a source of rattling in long-run. Thirdly, they add un-wanted weight. Also, God Forbid, in case of a frontal crash, these guards in-all probability shall interfere in deploying of airbags since airbags are sensor based device. So do not take chances.

Lastly, In the traffic that we have and the tight spaces, these front guards require you to turn and reverse the car with much more precision so that they don't hit/nudge other vehicle.

As of front parking sensors, they are good and provide added advantage to park the car. You can get these sensors from a good brand like Auto Cop. Don't waste your money on accessories from ASC.

Thanks for all your help mate, really thankful to you!
[cheers]

Regards

Akash

One thing to be noted, when the car takes a hit from front or rear even at mediocre intensity, then with these guards the bumper gets mis-aligned. Secondly, Crash guards are a source of rattling in long-run. Thirdly, they add un-wanted weight. Also, God Forbid, in case of a frontal crash, these guards in-all probability shall interfere in deploying of airbags since airbags are sensor based device. So do not take chances.
Yes the interference of the front guard with airbags sensors is something that concerns me as well. may be only rear will be fine. How does it sets up with the rear parking sensors?
Lastly, In the traffic that we have and the tight spaces, these front guards require you to turn and reverse the car with much more precision so that they don't hit/nudge other vehicle.
Agreed!
As of front parking sensors, they are good and provide added advantage to park the car. You can get these sensors from a good brand like Auto Cop. Don't waste your money on accessories from ASC.
Yeah it is surely going to be expensive than the after-market.

Also, do I need a gear lock?[confused]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

only rear will be fine. How does it sets up with the rear parking sensors?
Rear one is ok buddy but make sure that sensors are obstructed by the guard. If you get a rear sensors with display then do make sure that the guard doesn't obstruct the rear view.

do I need a gear lock?
You may opt for it. That's an additional safety of the car and does give rebate on insurance too.

Regards

Akash

Hello All,

Hello Guys, today i did PDI for Sky Grey Zest allocated to me, found few issues like rusting in Tyre Rim's, front disk brakes and bonnet screws's.

Also, cover sheet behind clutch & brake pedal was not fitted properly and open and i could see all cables there..

Sales & stock yard person said, they will rub and clean the rusting part and it will be fine.
I am adding photos here, can you guys please suggest with your experience if this issues can be ignored.

Attachments

Thread Starter #219

350Z

Core Team
Hello All,

Hello Guys, today i did PDI for Sky Grey Zest allocated to me, found few issues like rusting in Tyre Rim's, front disk brakes and bonnet screws's.

Also, cover sheet behind clutch & brake pedal was not fitted properly and open and i could see all cables there..

Sales & stock yard person said, they will rub and clean the rusting part and it will be fine.
I am adding photos here, can you guys please suggest with your experience if this issues can be ignored.
Rusting on disc brakes is normal since it's made up of cast iron. However, since there are other issues too, I'd advice to opt for a different unit to be on a safer side.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dear Friends,

I am just about to buy a new Renault duster, and as per the advise in this article asked for the VIN. It is found that the manufacturing date is January 2015 and today 26th September 2015. The dealer says Renault has shipped a car that was manufacture earlier and it is fine because it is manufactured the same year. Dealer says Renault stopped production of duster due to Kwid.

Is it advisable to go ahead with the purchase? I have paid the advance, was suppose to pay in a couple of days. Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Suggestions needed - Buying a new car

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new Maruti car and having been doing the rounds of various dealerships. Yesterday went to one dealer and checked one model which was available in his stockyard. I didn't like it as the tyres were JK and I asked him that I am not going to buy this model with JK tyres.

He initially said that he will place a fresh order and I did the booking, today he called me saying that his management is saying that this is not possible as they already has a car in their stockyard and they will replace the tyres of the same car and then do the PDI.

I had a debate with him and he is assuring me that this is possible and no way impact me ? But I am finding this fishy as I checked with some other dealers over the phone and they told me that it is not possible to change company fitted tyres by dealer as the same is mentioned in the delivery challan / POD that Maruti has sent along with this car.

I am finding this fishy, will this anyway affect my warranty ? Does any one has had such experiences in past ? I have never heard any dealer doing this ? What would this mean to me ? Would I be tied to this dealer and their workshop and for how long ?

What should I do now ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Usrivpx

Re: Suggestions needed - Buying a new car

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new Maruti car and having been doing the rounds of various dealerships. Yesterday went to one dealer and checked one model which was available in his stockyard. I didn't like it as the tyres were JK and I asked him that I am not going to buy this model with JK tyres.

He initially said that he will place a fresh order and I did the booking, today he called me saying that his management is saying that this is not possible as they already has a car in their stockyard and they will replace the tyres of the same car and then do the PDI.

I had a debate with him and he is assuring me that this is possible and no way impact me ? But I am finding this fishy as I checked with some other dealers over the phone and they told me that it is not possible to change company fitted tyres by dealer as the same is mentioned in the delivery challan / POD that Maruti has sent along with this car.

I am finding this fishy, will this anyway affect my warranty ? Does any one has had such experiences in past ? I have never heard any dealer doing this ? What would this mean to me ? Would I be tied to this dealer and their workshop and for how long ?

What should I do now ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Usrivpx
Experts,
Please respond to my query .. I need to decide fast as the Navratri's are ongoing..
Thanks
Usrivpx

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Suggestions needed - Buying a new car

Buddy, excuse me for a late reply. The consultant needs to be fired left, right and center for misinforming you in the first place. In-case you are not happy/convinced with OEM Tyres and want them to be changed by dealer before delivery, I feel either ask them for a unit that has desired set of Tyre as you want or else buy it from other dealer.

This is true. And the only way to have a car with your desired brand of Tyre is either get it from other dealer or ask the current dealer for another unit which has your choice of Tyres. I know a friend of mine who recently got an XUV, we foremost told the dealer that we will not buy the car which has Apollo tyres and we want Bridgestone Tyre, after clearing it to the dealer, the SA allocated him the unit which had Bridgestone tyres.

I don't agree with this practice either. It could be possible that your allocated car may get re-threaded Tyres as well. Can you please click some pics of the presently seen car? I need the Tyre(s) pic specially.

Regards

Akash

@ usrivpx, dont buy any car that you dont feel sure with doubts in your head.Its your hard earned money.Secondly they cannot change the tyres set which are delivered from the factory and are taking you for a ride.
Ask them to alocate you another car if they have or if they can place an order for a new piece else cancel the order and get it from another dealer.Also if you are buying it from the same dealer note down the VIN/Engine number of that car which you can confirm at the time of delivery that you are given a new car and not the same one.

Top Bottom