New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Akash1886

Honoured Member
sales agent forcing me that accessories is mandatory.

Suggest some accessories which i can accept from them..
No accessories are never mandatory. It is just a way of burning a hole in buyer's pocket. I agree to Vibhor's point here.

Just take Divinity, Perfume, Body Cover and Chocolates. Just in case they ask you to pay for perfume and divinity simply reject and move out with the car. You can buy this stuff from open market too.

All the best dear.

Regards

Akash

Finally got Delivered my car..

They forced for accessories .. bit i dint bend for them. :P

But they didn't gave any mats or perfumes or any.. simply nothing extra.

Does Mats are coming with car? or we need to buy?

These are the difficulties that one has to face if PDI needs to be done and please guide as how to solve it.

1) All the stockyards of the dealers are at the outskirts of Bangalore. Some dealers won't allow us to do a PDI in stockyard. Instead they saying that they will bring the car to showroom and I need to a PDI and once I clear the payment, registration will be done. Is it the routine process ?

2) I can identify the car through VIN number and what happens if I clear the payment and later found that the VIN number is totally different ? How do I ensure that the registered vehicle done is the one that I done the PDI ?

3) This will be my first car and first car in my family and these forums are my very big guidance as I need to read all the ownership reviews, dealer details and so on. But still, I am nervous and fear that in some cases, the delivery process is very bad and in some worst cases, the car having scratches or dents at registration and so on. Once the cheque is cleared, any dealer for any manufacturer in no way going to replace the vehicle. So what's needs to be done to ensure that it is a very smooth process ?

4) Can I blindly say NO the vehicle if the PDI is not satisfactory ? ( Like for eg spotting any dents, too much kms on the odo etc)

Last edited:
These are the difficulties that one has to face if PDI needs to be done and please guide as how to solve it.

1) All the stockyards of the dealers are at the outskirts of Bangalore. Some dealers won't allow us to do a PDI in stockyard. Instead they saying that they will bring the car to showroom and I need to a PDI and once I clear the payment, registration will be done. Is it the routine process ?

2) I can identify the car through VIN number and what happens if I clear the payment and later found that the VIN number is totally different ? How do I ensure that the registered vehicle done is the one that I done the PDI ?

3) This will be my first car and first car in my family and these forums are my very big guidance as I need to read all the ownership reviews, dealer details and so on. But still, I am nervous and fear that in some cases, the delivery process is very bad and in some worst cases, the car having scratches or dents at registration and so on. Once the cheque is cleared, any dealer for any manufacturer in no way going to replace the vehicle. So what's needs to be done to ensure that it is a very smooth process ?

4) Can I blindly say NO the vehicle if the PDI is not satisfactory ? ( Like for eg spotting any dents, too much kms on the odo etc)
Hi kbase,

I had attempted to solve your queries as per your points below

1) PDI is done prior to registration, no matter you do it in stockyard or at showroom. Just carry complete PDI as per TAI list. The only thing while doing PDI at showroom is that your Odo will show add-on KM’s from stockyard to showroom and may be back.

2) Mostly dealers create a docket in which your details are kept like name, address, phone number, photo etc. You can ask dealer to write that VIN number somewhere in it to avoid any problem while allocation.

You may ask dealer for “Form 22” certificate which is issued by the manufacturer and have details like engine & chassis numbers and also manufacturing month and year on it.

Post registration you will get the RTO registration slip which will have VIN number printed on it.

3) Don’t fear or feel nervous. You may take any friend or relative along with you while doing PDI as they can also check some points from TAI PDI checklist.

Once your vehicle gets registered then you can’t do anything, so keep minimum days between PDI and registration. I would suggest to perform PDI a day prior to registration.

4) Yes, you have rights to reject the vehicle which fails in PDI. Show the cause of failure to dealer and ask them to allot some other vehicle.

Do let us know how your PDI has gone. Wishing all the best to you !![:)]

Thread Starter #201

350Z

Core Team
Does Mats are coming with car? or we need to buy?
Mud flaps and floor mats do not come with the car but in most cases, salespersons are courteous enough to include them for free.

Sounds reasonable. You can also do two PDIs for own satisfaction. A comprehensive one before delivery and another quickie right before taking the car.

Make this point very clear to the salesperson beforehand. As GrandRK suggested, note the VIN and also tell the dealer to allot the same car.

PDIs are recommended precisely for the same reason: i.e. to avoid any odd possibilities. Don't be too much inundated with those horror stories.

Yup. Congrats in advance for the new car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Since dealers keep on charging ' handling & logistics charges' approx 5 k, which are illegal as per supreme Court, it should not be a problem for dealer to provide mats which costs them peanuts.

I have booked grand i10 petrol asta and TAI PDI checklist is very user friendly and much detailed. I took a print out and did a PDI. It is very helpful and kudos to very helpful checklist and been visiting many forums and I do find TAI PDI checklist is the best and detailed.

Thanks very much to GrandRk and 350z [clap]

Last edited:
Congratulations on your grand i10 Kbase and good to see the checklist was useful to you.
Do share your inputs regarding the pdi you did and anything you foundout concerning.
Looking forward to see your ride.

Dream come true. MY XUV500 satin white W6 coming soon.

Its immense pleasure to drive XUV500 and just cant stop with TD. Eversince i took TD of XUV500, instantly i was fida on this beast. Its power and punch packed with stylish looks what else i could ask for?
Finally booked my XUV500 W6 satin white!! yippie[clap]
My PDI on friday. So what are the things i have to look for at PDI of XUV500 and details i have to follow. Need advice from fellow XUV500 owners.

Re: Mahindra XUV500 Facelift Spotted!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this wonderful forum. After about 5 weeks thinking about the face lift again and again and doing TD of multiple cars finally we have booked the XUV500 W6. It has been my dream car and I am so happy and awaiting the deliver of my cheetah.

Please someone help me with a few details like what to do in PDI and also about checking manufacturing date of the car.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Please someone help me with a few details like what to do in PDI and also about checking manufacturing date of the car.
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard and many good wishes for the new XUV. Here is the new car PDI check-list that includes all the checks to be done.

Also, for decoding the VIN number, here is the link.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Hey buddy, Welcome aboard and many good wishes for the new XUV. Here is the new car PDI check-list that includes all the checks to be done.

Also, for decoding the VIN number, here is the link.

Regards

Akash
Thanks mate, this is going to be very helpful. Also, I would like to know good place to get the 3M film fitted on the car. Any specific genuine places around Delhi/NCR?

Top Bottom