New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Hi
Came back today after PDI. All electricals working. But i still feel dezire doors, bonnet etc are lighter and less solid than my 16 yr old maruti 800 [surprise]
Just 40 km on the ODO [:)]

Thread Starter #62

350Z

Core Team
Came back today after PDI. All electricals working. Just 40 km on the ODO
Congrats. 40 Kms on the odometer is acceptable. Did you carried our PDI Checklist?

But i still feel dezire doors, bonnet etc are lighter and less solid than my 16 yr old maruti 800
That’s unfortunately the case with most of the modern Marutis. Quality levels have taken a hit for the sake of keeping the costs in check.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350 Z
yeah i did take PDI list and it took around 1 hr . Took a friend along so it was done fast. Already dealer GM and executive were scared after my complaint with akosha so were very soft [;)]. The funny thing was i was with the sales executive for almsot 3 hrs today and every hr the GM used to call him to ask whether i am there or left [lol]
Will pay draft on friday and take car on same day .[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Points needed to check before registration.

Dear FIAT PUNTO/Liena owners,

Can you please let me know the things needs to check before the registration of Punto other then PDI.

PID will be done by LeasePlan. What rest I can check?

Thanks in advance.

The H mark is degined to disappear as soon as the Odo completes 200 kms. So, if your Punto has the 'H' symbol on the Odo, it has done less than 200 kms.

i spoke with my dealer today and he asked me to get loan documents as well as some more intial payment of like 1 lakh or 2 lakh before the final payment
I told him that can only be done after I have checked the car
otherwise forget about the whole deal
he immediately said car is available and I can come and check it
he has been delaying the same for almost month now
and as per documentation time period expires this week for delivery

@Vaibhav: Congratz. But after delivery just do check what you checked before the registration is in same state after registration as well, because dealers are known to make some damage here and there and do the patch work for the same. Even the small hair line scratches you should complaint about and don't sign the papers for perfect delivery. If you stay on your point for some complaint, then you are surely eligible to get some more freebies or some extra treatment to your car during subsequent services.

Remember, don't even leave the hair line scratches, [:D]

@vaibhav did you leave the hairline scratches
or rather got the dealer by the hair
i think second one sounds suitable after going through the thread and your expierence with the dealer

Getting my Jazz on monday. Aug 2012 build. Michelin tyres too. Only car left before next months 15k hike on Jazz. Should I be caring about tiny details during PDI like small scratches ?

Article is now up. Feel free to add more points in continuation to this. Thanks!

Drive Safe,
350Z
herewith i am attaching the pics for my 1st PDI at the stockyard,for me it was absolutely perfect and ideal car but i still want your opinion about the appearance and technical aspect before registering it on my name.

Attachments

herewith i am attaching the pics for my 1st PDI at the stockyard,for me it was absolutely perfect and ideal car but i still want your opinion about the appearance and technical aspect before registering it on my name.
more pics for you.

Attachments

Thread Starter #74

350Z

Core Team
Congrats on Wagon-R. Your car seems fine overall except that it’s missing hubcaps (black cap in center of wheels). Please ask for it and ensure to take a thorough TD.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats on Wagon-R. Your car seems fine overall except that it’s missing hubcaps (black cap in center of wheels). Please ask for it and ensure to take a thorough TD.

Drive Safe,
350Z
yes thanks a lot vibhor,actually hub caps are there in the back seat.they are in black color and yet to be fixed before delivery. actually the mechanic from that stockyard helped me a lot and he explained me everything.i could not take along any friend of mine with me.he only told me that hub caps will be fixed before car goes to showroom.he was so informative and was willing to give me so much information that i gave him 5o rs. for his help.but i am truly satisfied.and it was not allowed for a TD from stockyard though i did it within stockyard area.(i know i can not call it as a TD) what to do?
and one more point is that i did thorough PDI but missed 1 or 2 points like although its odometer is 9 kms, but i did not check speedometer connected or not and 2-3 more points.
some more questions for you..
1) should i pay the remaining amount now?i have pre-decided the payment terms as 10,000 on booking,400000 after 1st PDI and 49000 after delivery PDI.
2)is it necessary to go to rto registration along with their driver?
3) should i take the delivery after registration or should take it on Diwali 11 Nov (2-3 days after reg. gets completed)
4) and should i take delivery from stockyard or showroom?( because their drivers are pilots and not drivers so they will drive like crazy after coming from rto to showroom)
5) on the day of delivery i should be checking all the documents mentioned in the PDI list but will i get sales certificate also along with other documents and third party warranty cards like battery or tyres or its simply maruti 2 years warranty is all inclusive? because SE told that it will be all inclusive in MARUTI WARRANTY.

Last edited:

Top Bottom