New Car Pre-Delivery Inspection – An Exhaustive Guide

Thread Starter #167

350Z

Core Team
the PDI checklist PDF is no more downloadable ? It's failing to get downloaded ? Can anyone advise ? Thanks
I'm able to download it. Please check internet connection and click this link. If still not working, PM me the mail address and I'll mail it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This pdf is very useful to know more about what to ask the sales man, so that you can clear all your doubts. Good luck for your new car.
But for my case I found the ground reality of PDI is different, generally they used to do the same on the day of Delivery. Although I tried to have a PDI before delivery date, but its my bad luck that they brought a wrong Car, not the one booked by me.

Last edited by a moderator:
PDI Checklist

Hello Friends,

One of my friend has booked Tata Xenon Crewcab 4x2.

And he is unaware about the PDI checklist for TATA Xenon.[cry]

Hope fellow TAI members help him out.

Delivery is on auspicious day of DASSERA 3rd October and in urgent need for what needs to check out before delivery.

Attachments

Re: PDI Checklist

Hello Friends,

One of my friend has booked Tata Xenon Crewcab 4x2.

And he is unaware about the PDI checklist for TATA Xenon.[cry]

Hope fellow TAI members help him out.

Delivery is on auspicious day of DASSERA 3rd October and in urgent need for what needs to check out before delivery.
This xenon is looking FANTABULOUS. i cant stop drooling over the macho looks and what an awesome colour. Congrats to him and wish him luck

Hi Friends,

I have booked a polo 1.2 Petrol trendline with dealer and he offered me Rs 25k discount for white color, and yesterday he has allocated a car to me, when i went to see the car today it seems it of May 2014 model car,
(however as per recent news, New Polo is only launched in July 2014), so when I asked he said, the Chasis are only made in May, rest of the units are fixed up later, and they received the delivery of car from Manufacturer (VW) only 15 days back..(is there any way to verify this), i suspect there must be few people who would have rejected it, thus they are trying to offer Rs25k discount to clear the stock.
so i am bit confused if i should go ahead based on dealer's response or there is something he is trying to cheat here?

ODO reads @ 21KM
Car from Inside was very clean.

and when i look up in detail i noticed that few niggles/black dots on few places here and there (Photo Attached), when shown it to the SA he said this will be polished and gone.

My concern is more two-fold, as i am not expert so not sure if he is trying to sell me (OLD Polo outgoing one as a NEW polo), when i ask this very categorically he is saying 2011 model is called Polo, 2013/14 outgoing model is called New Polo and the latest one is called Polo GP... so i am really confused.
and if the manufacturing date is SO old (4-5 months) with few niggles, should i ignore this car?

Any other note or consideration from experts will be highly appreciate before i ask him to deposit the booking cheque.

Thx,
Santy

Attachments

Thread Starter #175

350Z

Core Team
i suspect there must be few people who would have rejected it, thus they are trying to offer Rs25k discount to clear the stock.
Not necessarily. Going by Volkswagen India's sluggish performance and ongoing festive season, dealer must offer discounts anyway.

and when i look up in detail i noticed that few niggles/black dots on few places here and there (Photo Attached), when shown it to the SA he said this will be polished and gone.
These look to be the bug marks (quite almost inevitable if the car is parked in open).

and if the manufacturing date is SO old (4-5 months) with few niggles, should i ignore this car?
What other niggles does the car have? The manufacturing date, as I said earlier, is normal for a slow-selling model but do perform a thorough PDI inside out.

Any other note or consideration from experts will be highly appreciate before i ask him to deposit the booking cheque.
Note VIN of a few other units parked around in stockyard to check if they too have similar manufacturing date. Opt for a newer model if available.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This was my first post on the forum and highly appreciated your response, Thank you :) Once i bought this, i will soon post initial buying experience and review post here.

Not necessarily. Going by Volkswagen India's sluggish performance and ongoing festive season, dealer must offer discounts anyway.
I Agree, but NONE of the dealers in Mumbai/Pune are offering any discount on the NEW Polo.
However since i was in contact with this particular SA, he has gladly offer another Rs 10K accessories, I am thinking of using it for Music System, since it is not inbuilt with TL variant.

Do you think we can bargain bit more considering this is 5month old mfg unit?

350Z said:
These look to be the bug marks (quite almost inevitable if the car is parked in open).
Yes, Noted.

350Z said:
What other niggles does the car have? The manufacturing date, as I said earlier, is normal for a slow-selling model but do perform a thorough PDI inside out.

Also noted a little bit of dirt on the windows panels, and think this also due to open parking, and he has agreed to do Full Polishing (he was saying for other customer they do only cleaning, and for this car he will do Full Polishing), not sure why though!
I did followed the checklist and mostly did not noticed any other issue apart from what has mentioned earlier/above :(

350Z said:
Note VIN of a few other units parked around in stockyard to check if they too have similar manufacturing date. Opt for a newer model if available.
He did asked me to come to dealer showroom instead of stockyard to check the car.
I also asked him about the copper orange color car VIN # and he given me the number and it seems it is also May-2014 car.

Also, i am not able to figure about the difference directly between PRE- Facelift and POST - Facelift new polo for Trendline version, is there any specific changes made to Trendline which i can easily identify, i hope they will not sell me PRE - facelift car

As i am travelling next week to get the car delivered this week, i will need to pay full amount by Tomorrow. I am bit confused if i should go ahead with the above or anything else still left to check (Sorry for this so may question, this is first time i am buying car, my existing wagon R was bought by my parents)

Thx,

Last edited:
Thread Starter #177

350Z

Core Team
This was my first post on the forum and highly appreciated your response, Thank you :) Once i bought this, i will soon post initial buying experience and review post here.
That's what we all are here for. Glad to be of help. I'll look forward to the review.

I Agree, but NONE of the dealers in Mumbai/Pune are offering any discount on the NEW Polo.
If you're suspicious that dealer is offering discount because this model is defective, ask him to allot a different unit (and perform its PDI, of course).

However since i was in contact with this particular SA, he has gladly offer another Rs 10K accessories, I am thinking of using it for Music System, since it is not inbuilt with TL variant. Do you think we can bargain bit more considering this is 5month old mfg unit?
I'd insist for cash discount instead of accessories. In case he's not willing to bargain on cash, avail free accessories + roadside assistance + insurance + AMC etc.

Also, i am not able to figure about the difference directly between PRE- Facelift and POST - Facelift new polo for Trendline version, is there any specific changes made to Trendline which i can easily identify, i hope they will not sell me PRE - facelift car
There's a clear difference in front bumper design, headlamps (New Polo has dual cluster). More: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-polo-1-5-tdi-review-test-drive-pictures.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yesterday I did the PDI of my Blaze Blue Ertiga as per the checklist available. I have decoded the VIN Number & 21st & 22nd characters are J & E respectively that means it is manufactured in September 2014 [clap]. It will be delivered after registration by this weekend.

Attachments

Further to above, i noted the 4 digit code written on my NEW polo Tyre as 4012 and 3912. (MRF ZVTV). See photo attached.

Is it indeed 40th Week 2012, and 39th Week 2012? please could anyone help me confirm.

I challenged the showroom guys that these are old mfg tyre, they are saying this is how they got it.. on further escalating dealer have now reach out to VW.

I am also thinking of escalating to VW from my side, any other thing to note or what should be the further course of action.

(FYI - i have bought the car, as i have spend considerable time on looking and finalizing car), now with this experience i am thinking we should buy car ONLY from manufacturer only and not from dealer.

Attachments

Top Bottom