New Car Paint Colour Warranty?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am not sure if this is under the right category. If not,please excuse me, and please move to the right category.

i recently purchased a AltoK10 Explore. This car comes with body coloured mirrors. Now, during the delivery, the dealer had sticked some satin ribbon and flowers to the mirror. Today when i removed the flower, the colour of the mirron came off with it, and i can now see the original balck colour of the mirror.

My question is does this colour come under warranty? Whos mistake is it? Should i ask the dealer to repaint it for free, as i had not asked him to stick the sticker, but it was his decision. Moreover, in any case the colour should not come off...its not even a week old car?

Let me know. Thanks.

SHON

zengetz

Suspended
Welcome to TAI SHON!

Just take it to the dealership and explain the same. I am sure out of goodwill they will be glad to do a touch up for you. You don't have to raise questions of warranty to them.

If they cannot do it immediately (Note, you may have to leave the car with them for the day), speak to the rep who sold it to you to have it touched-up when you give the car for the first service. I am sure they would oblige.

Hope this helps.

Avi

Just go to them with some friends of yours and tell them how it happened and they will most probably tell you that it will be done at first service. Try to get that in writing. And no touchups on a brand new car, ask them for a full repaint.

350Z

Core Team
Shon, Welcome to The Automotive India. Congratulations for buying Alto K10.
Just take it to the dealership and explain the same. I am sure out of goodwill they will be glad to do a touch up for you. You don't have to raise questions of warranty to them. If they cannot do it immediately (Note, you may have to leave the car with them for the day), speak to the rep who sold it to you to have it touched-up when you give the car for the first service. I am sure they would oblige.
He's spot on. Don't fret, just courteously contact to the dealership and explain them about the real issue. I'm positive they will get it resolved. And make sure to update us here afterwards. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom