New Car Failed in PDI. Now What?

Hi Vipul,

I want to say only one thing , its always better to prepare and prevent than to repair and repent. Take some time out from your busy schedule and take a call the new purchase. Money is hard earned so take time to get a good deal

Thread Starter #17
Today will be sending one of my friends,who knows all about cars to do the PDI,if the car passes then it will be bought else the booking will be cancelled and an another car will be booked.
Rest will try to go to the dealership tomorrow myself to have a look at the car and again do its PDI myself.

Reminds me of my first car purchase, the Fiat Uno. Those were the days before TAI, before any other forums and PDI checklists. Heck I didn't even have a Hotmail account then. I booked the car. Those were the days of book the car, when it comes, take it or leave it. I paid the amount as as per the regulations I had to register the car before taking delivery. I never suspected that anything would be wrong with a new car so I did the registration. Then when I went to collect the car, I noticed the scratches, cowdung etc and 230 Km on the odo. I made a noise, forced the dealer to cancel the registration and register a new car in my name. Of course I had to wait a month as the car was not available off the shelf.
Well if my dealer could manage to do that, I don't see any problem for your agent to change the car.

Thread Starter #19
Well,went to the dealership yesterday and had a look at the car,the manager said "sir,actually by mistake you people were offered an another car"..yours is here..
Did PDI again for the new car..it was quite good..
Today is the delivery..

Well,went to the dealership yesterday and had a look at the car,the manager said "sir,actually by mistake you people were offered an another car"..yours is here..
Today is the delivery..
Ha ha ha. A known (Read: Expected) response from the dealer as discussed already. Good that your friend is taking the car today itself.
Please share some pictures of the car that was bought with "worth the pdi trouble".[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #21
Actually they had offered us this new car but since I was in a mood of quarreling so I simply asked the dealer that where is our car?The car we were being offered before.

He:Sir this is the car,and this was offered before too.
Me:Okay,then open the hood..I want to match VIN..

No response..

Okay,then we are not buying the car..sorry guys..

Manager:Sir what happened?
I:You think people are fool,where is that car.I have to send its pic to MSIL..
He:Sir,see this is your new car,just leave that car,that was given to you by mistake.the boys did it.
I:But that day you too knew that the car was wrong..
He:I didn't knew that..
I:Never,these guys are not that much daring.
He:Sir,please take the car,that car is not with us now..
I:Then where is that car,you have fooled someone else..
He:No sir,this is your car and please take it..sorry for inconviniece.

THEN HE ASKED ME FOR A COFFEE AND WE HAD IT..

Then we cracked some jokes etc and today the guy is going to take the car..will be posting the pics soon..

Forget VIN and get a new car and perform PDI. I mean to say, when dealer is ready to change the car without informing you, why you should make an issue and ask for old car ?

If satisfied, complete other formalities and take photographs to ensure that everything is in order.

All the best.
Today is the delivery..
I knew it [lol]. Dealer sensed that he would be pulled and pulled really bad so he changed the car and now look for some other person to sell the previous one. Well that's really sad to note for that person but we should always move forward.

Good to note that new car is in great shape and you are taking delivery today.

[thumbsup]All the best

Thread Starter #23
I am at my home,since the guy is neither a close friend nor a relative,but just known to me so I didn't went for the delivery and my semester exam is also tomorrow so I didn't really thought of wasting hours for his car's delivery.
Rest will be waiting for him to bring the car home and take the pics of it.
One more fact to mention:-
Kudos to 350Z and PDI list makers as the PDI list is really exhaustive and covers every aspect of the car,yesterday it took me too 50 minutes for a close inspection this even boiled the dealership guys and they had started saying sir "ITNA TOH KOI BHI NAHI CHECK KARTA,AISE TOH AAP SAARI GAADIYON KO REJECT KAR DOGE(Nobody checks this much,this way you will reject all the cars)".
One of the guys asked me for a copy of the list saying "Sir apni car kharidte time kaam aayegi(this will be used while buying my own car)".
And the manager was again scared,maybe he was thinking me insane for the car..

Last edited:
lol TSIVipul looking at the way those guys have remarked about your PDI, they surely were pissed, nice work there. The PDI saved a guy from potential disaster, god knows what more the car had issues hidden under its hood. Keep up the good work guys [clap]

Thread Starter #25
lol TSIVipul looking at the way those guys have remarked about your PDI, they surely were pissed, nice work there. The PDI saved a guy from potential disaster, god knows what more the car had issues hidden under its hood. Keep up the good work guys [clap]
You are absolutely right dear.
I can bet that if a customer carries out such a PDI then what is Maruti,even the MERCEDES guys will also be pissed off and will be doubtful if any trouble can come out of their car too.[evil]
Every time I asked the guy(owner)to tell me what the next point is,he simply told in a loud voice and the sales guy everytime said "SIR JAB BAAKI SAB THEEK HAI,TOH YEH BHI HOGA HI(when everything is okay,then this one also will be)".
Hence you can say that those guys were really pissed off and I am sure if they would not have to sell the car then they would have really thrown me out of the dealership...[cheers]
What's even great that even their own guy asked us for the list so that he can get it photo copied,also we helped one more person for the PDI and he took my contact number saying "Beta,if we need this list again then we will contact you".
Note:I RECOMMEND ALL OUR MEMBERS TO PROMOTE THIS LIST AMONG EACH OTHER AS WELL AS OUR FRIENDS TOO
THIS WILL GIVE US TWO ADVANTAGES:-
1):Perfect new cars will be bought.
2):The forum will also gain reputation.

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE PRODUCE A SUCH EXHAUSTIVE PDI LIST FOR 'USED CARS' TOO?

Last edited:
Hi Vipul

Atlast you got what you deserve , A good car with no hassles. Post pictures and I am eagerly , desperately want to see it :)

Thread Starter #27
@The master:
Since the guy belongs to our village so right now I am also waiting for him to bring the car.
In case he takes the car directly to his home,even then I'll post the pics within some days as soon as I get the car in front of me.

350Z

Core Team
Kudos to 350Z and PDI list makers as the PDI list is really exhaustive and covers every aspect of the car
Thanks, I consider it as our big achievement that people are genuinely being benefitted from it.

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE PRODUCE A SUCH EXHAUSTIVE PDI LIST FOR 'USED CARS' TOO?
Sure. This will be done.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@Vipul,

Congrats for the way you dealt with the issue. Dealers are known to pass off cars which have been used previously and which have reported problems or they just fob off the Test Drive car onto a unsuspecting customer.

Congrats once more.

Good thing we are aware of the PDI and stuff else the dealer will have easily cheated your friend! He owes you a big treat! But the sad thing is they will surely sell that bad car to another poor customer!

Top Bottom