New BMW 3 Series Now Officially Debuts in India

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: New BMW 3 Series Officially Debuts on 27 July 2012

BMW has announced Sachin Tendulkar as their official brand ambassador.

BMW 2.jpg

BMW1.jpg

BMW3.jpg

BMW5.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: New BMW 3 Series Officially Debuts on 27 July 2012

BMW has announced Sachin Tendulkar as their official brand ambassador.
[frustration]
And 10dulkar will then sell off some BMW later, just like he did with his Ferrari.
I already lost respect for 10dulkar when he asked for import duty waiver on Ferrari, then became brand ambassador for one of the notorious builder in Pune, and now a Congress MP (though he is not in party Officially).

BMW is hell bent in driving away its prospective buyers. It is good for Merc & Audi though. [:D]

Saina Nehwal honoured with a new BMW car

After bagging the bronze at the 2012 London Olympics, star shuttler Saina Nehwal was recently presented the new 3-Series by the Andhra Badminton Association. The keys were handed over by batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar

Cricket stars are not the only ones awarded swanky cars for their match-winning performances anymore. The Andhra Badminton Association took note of ace badminton player Saina Nehwal’s Bronze-medal winning performance at the 2012 London Olympics and honoured her with a brand-new BMW 3-Series.That the keys were handed over by cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar made for the icing on the cake.

“I am quite confident that the best is yet to come and you will emerge victorious across the world and that is what we want,” said Tendulkar while heaping praises on Saina’s performance. Incidentally, Tendulkar, also happens to be the new brand ambassador for BMW India, which launched the latest 3-Series in India recently.

Saina aside, a BMW car has also been announced for her coach P Gopichand and budding badminton talent P V Sindhu.

Saina Nehwal honoured with a new BMW car| ZigWheels.com

Attachments

Yesterday evening I saw a covered test car going up the ARAI road. The logos & name were covered with stickers. But from the twin grill in front I could make out that it was some BMW (my guess). Couldn't click pictures as I was in my office vehicle. If someone from Pune staying nearby can go to ARAI today, will be able to spot it. [glasses]

Delicious pricing BMW is very serious about our market this is going to be a best seller for BMW for sure.
Not so delicious when you consider the following (my comments in bold):

The suspense is over folks. BMW has launched the much awaited New 3 Series. All India Ex. Showroom price is as follows:

> BMW 320d: Rs.28.90 Lakh - Not Available

> BMW 320d Sport Line: Rs.31.50 Lakh - Rs. 36 Lakh OTR Goa

> BMW 320d Luxury Line: Rs.31.50 Lakh - Rs. 36 Lakh OTR Goa

> BMW 320d Luxury Plus: Rs.36.90 Lakh - Rs. 40 Lakh OTR Goa

> BMW 328i Sport Line: Rs.37.90 Lakh - Rs. 42 Lakh OTR Goa

The 6th Generation Bundle of 'Joy'

Those of you who understood what the topic of the test drive is through the title need no further introduction to the brand Bayerische Motoren Werke. This is the brand that makes not cars, but Ultimate Driving Machines, whose obsession to fine tuning and augmenting drive dynamics is so well known that they have always received accolades and positive reviews in their area of strength that distinguishes them from all other rivals.

As I walked towards the machine with the keypod in the pocket, the 6th gen 3 Series grew bigger, and it indeed is longer and more mature than the well-loved design it replaced. After getting inside I was greeted by the familiar chime which reminded me that the accessory mode was on and the door must be shut. The door shut in a very trademark German sound, muffled yet strong. What I was about to drive was the famed 184 bhp 4 cyl 2.0 diesel.

It began, the Start button brought the engine to life, instantly displaying information through the head-up & centre displays. I was able to learn the iDrive menu in a few minutes as it was quite intuitive and well positioned. It is a little intimidating at first, almost as if the engine roar is taunting you.. you realise instantly the respect it commands. As I moved slowly I got a little chill up the spine, the steering was perfectly weighted & the growl was distinctly German, call me crazy but I felt it, almost made me feel like remembering few sentences of German I learnt in school. As I moved ahead I knew I am no match for the car's prowess, its well engineered 50-50 weight distribution, the panels of exotic hybrid metal to save on weight and improve stability, the host of computers monitoring every inch of activity going on. I did get used to it after a couple of miles though, the suspension setting buttons are now exclusive and not integrated to iDrive and for a country as India,the Comfort/Eco Pro setting works best as its suitable for bad roads/better mileage. Sport mode is recommended for long & winding roads.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't smiling all through, the steering feedback is tremendous not to mention the endless power. By the time I took the U turn to head back, I had bonded with the machine. I felt like Tony Stark wearing the ironsuit will all information being thown to my eyes with the very sharp heads-up display. Going down the road I realised why this car has only won praises from reviews world over, why they write what they do, and Im usually not that impressed in person. This is a company that made a promise and lived upto it. As I parked and got out the car, it bade me goodbye with its chime yet again.. reminding me of the first time I got in and sat on its supportive, bolstered seats. The white LED angel eyes which gleam in pride shut off as if it is going back to a meditative state like a Zen Master, only to awaken the next time it hits the tarmac.

Walking away from it, I knew my perceptions of driving, perceptions of an automobil' as I knew it, can never be the same. I can describe it in a gamut of ways like stats, features,etc in this review but I couldn't. There can be cars similar, but never equal. This review is based not on features or out of comparison which you can find in many by professionals. This review is emotional metamorphosis, sheer driving pleasure summarised into one line :

BMW - Fruede am Fahren

Last edited:
Re: The 6th Generation Bundle of 'Joy'

Nice write-up, thedarknight. I really liked the way you wrote everything, the words you used. So what's the outcome of this test-drive? Shall I expect a detailed ownership review of a Beamer soon? [;)]

SCOOP! BMW set to launch base 320i petrol variant

BMW is all set to introduce a base 320i petrol variant to supplement the range-topping 328i turbo-petrol saloon.

The base petrol variant will be sold at Rs 28.5 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), which is a whopping Rs 8.5 lakh less than the powerful and sporty 328i variant.

The 320i will, however, lose out on a number of features in comparison to the 328i. On the inside, it will get a simplified version of the iDrive system, and the 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment display will be replaced with a smaller 6.5-inch screen. The audio system will include a single-CD player with Aux-in and USB capability and no in-car data storage. The reverse camera present on the top-end variant will also be omitted, and the seat leather on the 328i will be replaced by faux leather. The Xenon headlights have also been removed.

The 328i’s 18-inch alloys will be downsized to 16-inchers for the 320i, and the saloon will not get a sunroof. Powering the car will be a 1994cc, 4-cylinder, 181bhp petrol engine, which is the same motor powering the 520i. And while the 320i gets the same eight-speed gearbox, the ratios have been tweaked to better suit the lower power output compared to the 328i.

SCOOP! BMW set to launch base 320i petrol variant | News | Autocar India

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
BMW India is now all set to launch the 3-Series GT before the end of 2013. Watch out.

BMW-3-Series-GT-1.jpg

BMW-3-Series-GT-2.jpg

BMW-3-Series-GT-3.jpg

BMW-3-Series-GT-4.jpg

BMW-3-Series-GT-5.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom