New Bike For Rs.1.2 Lakh - Suggestions Please

Thread Starter #1
Hello folks/ TAIgers

I am in dilemma whether to go for Dominor 400 or Honda highness, I am sceptic about going for loan for rest of the amount if I go for cb350, but my gang of friends are suggesting to go for this.

I have looked at 4 bikes and decided on couple but still running things and thinking, rethinking, and overthinking everything,

Dominor 400 - my first choice
CB 350- not sure, don't want to go for loan, so goes out of window
commuter bikes like platina 110 h gear, Bajaj CT110 ... vibrates at 70, unsure about this, but these will help in fuel costs. A Big plus.
Apache RTR 200 for its sound and Xpulse 200 (in red of course) for its suspension

I think we cant get best combination of all these anywhere? Hmmm. we enthusiasts don't we ever be satisfied with what we have. Sometimes, I feel its better to be average joe to decide on these things.

I am keen on one of these and arranging funds. Would definitely want your opinion. Our friends group are planning for a breakfast ride once or twice in a month and it may increase from there. No Idea on future. Hence, would like to buy, my daily commute is very less or almost negligible Weekly 50 Kms and am working from home and don't see in near future for at least next 6 - 8 months going to office. Even for office, I will get a transportation and am not gonna use my bike. This is only for breakfast rides once or twice in a month with friends and little bit of local commute around 50 kms a week, even if not going for breakfast rides.

Pour in your opinions for me to seal my decision. Thanks TAIgers

deville_56

Honoured Member
I don
Hello folks/ TAIgers

I am in dilemma whether to go for Dominor 400 or Honda highness, I am sceptic about going for loan for rest of the amount if I go for cb350, but my gang of friends are suggesting to go for this.

I have looked at 4 bikes and decided on couple but still running things and thinking, rethinking, and overthinking everything,

Dominor 400 - my first choice
CB 350- not sure, don't want to go for loan, so goes out of window
commuter bikes like platina 110 h gear, Bajaj CT110 ... vibrates at 70, unsure about this, but these will help in fuel costs. A Big plus.
Apache RTR 200 for its sound and Xpulse 200 (in red of course) for its suspension

I think we cant get best combination of all these anywhere? Hmmm. we enthusiasts don't we ever be satisfied with what we have. Sometimes, I feel its better to be average joe to decide on these things.

I am keen on one of these and arranging funds. Would definitely want your opinion. Our friends group are planning for a breakfast ride once or twice in a month and it may increase from there. No Idea on future. Hence, would like to buy, my daily commute is very less or almost negligible Weekly 50 Kms and am working from home and don't see in near future for at least next 6 - 8 months going to office. Even for office, I will get a transportation and am not gonna use my bike. This is only for breakfast rides once or twice in a month with friends and little bit of local commute around 50 kms a week, even if not going for breakfast rides.

Pour in your opinions for me to seal my decision. Thanks TAIgers
Both Dominar 400 and H'ness costs more than 2L.
Forget commuters and buy at least a 150 cc bike, keeping in mind the breakfast rides or any future highway commute/ride. Even if you ride 60 kmph, 100 and 150 makes lot of difference. One feels stressed, other feels relaxed. Mileage wouldn't be an issue with low usage.
Xpulse is breeze on potholed road, but when it comes to paved roads and highways, it sucks. Feels like a 150 cc bike and wet braking on tarmac is awful due to the button tyres. Friend had an Xpulse Fi and sold it exactly at 1 year mark and bought a H'ness. Xpulse costs 1.4L on-road now and Honda was like 2.55L.
Apache would be better choice among the list.
Other options would be FZ, Gixxer, 200NS, etc.

Thread Starter #3
well, Dominor 400 or any other am looking for would be pre-worshipped , as CB 350 is'nt available in seconds market in Bangalore. Oh.. god, and Bangalore seconds bike and car market are quite exorbitant.

Thread Starter #4
I have purchased bike and will start ownership review. Mods pls close the thread.

I bought FZ 25 at a decent price.

Top Bottom