New Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS Makes Official Debut

Re: 2012 Bajaj Pulsar Debuting in December!!

Oh. I love that bike. It will attract a lot of youngsters & will have a impact on the CBR250R.
Any idea on the new pulsar?

New Bajaj Pulsar to be unveiled on 30th Jan in Mumbai! [thumbsup]
been waiting for the pulsar 300 (or 350) for a long long time... and now i feel that it is just a pipe dream...
my hope turned to disappointment and now it has turned to disgust... with the RE comming up with 500cc bikes... bajaj comes up with a 20cc increase [angry]

@knightrider

may be it is the ktm duke to be launched on the 30th...
no offense man... but dont get ur hopes too high. the bajaj guys are too good at disappointing us :sorry:

Hmmm.. with now platform and engine sharing with KTM Duke, the new Pulsar 200 will be a pocket rocket.At 85,000 odd Rs it would sell like hot cakes.Amazing how smart these Bajaj guys are!

may be it is the ktm duke to be launched on the 30th...
no offense man... but dont get ur hopes too high. the bajaj guys are too good at disappointing us :sorry:
you are right. Bajaj disappoints a lot. But they release stuff only when they thing it would be good enough. So basically speaking if they think, the bike would run great in the Indian market. Then they will release or else they would keep it for the future.

i don't understand why many guys are mad at pulsars ? IMO pulsar is not that good in built quality like Honda and Yamaha. also Bajaj has the worst service i have seen they steeling spare parts from the bike which is there for repairs.

i don't understand why many guys are mad at pulsars ? IMO pulsar is not that good in built quality like Honda and Yamaha. also Bajaj has the worst service i have seen they steeling spare parts from the bike which is there for repairs.
Actually its quite simple, in India "Jo dikhta hai wo bikta hai".Pulsar always, I mean right from the very first street-fighter version to the current sports version has been a very sexy looking bike ,especially in black.Now combine that with wonderful exhaust note and mighty low end grunt and you'll have the perfect winning combination for our roads.

Disclaimer: I am not a Pulsar fan and ride Honda Unicorn on a daily basis and love every moment spent on it.[:)]

this is serious man... if u have seen some workshop mech stealing stuff from someone else's bike you should have raised the issue...
who knows it could be one of our bikes tomorrow being ripped off in some other garage

Last edited by a moderator:

Totally wrong, I had pulsar and all of my friend circle also has pulsars. Never had any issue with it.Even my friend successfully completed Leh trip on his pulsar [:p]

Bajaj Pulsar 2012 launched:

Next Generation Pulsar is called Pulsar 200 NS.The Pulsar 200 NS is a naked bike.

23.5 BHP of power at 9500 RPM, mated to a 6-speed gearbox. All new alloy wheels and monoshock suspension.

Weight of 145 kgs and a fuel tank capacity of 12 liters. 280mm front disc, 230mm rear disc and central exhaust.

Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS price is less than Rs. 1 lakh.The Pulsar 200 NS will be available from April 2012.

World’s first single-cylinder bike to feature tri-spark technology. 0 – 60 kmph in 3.8 seconds and 0 – 100 kmph in 9.8 seconds. Top speed – 136 kmph.

MotorBeam,Motoriods

Attachments

No fins on the cylinder, so its liquid cooled. Doesn't look half bad. I hope the quality has improved a notch or two. Given that the DTSi Pulsar engines were no too good at longevity/durability (two sparks = more heat = low life), I wounder what three sparks would do to address that problem. Let's wait and watch.

Claimed FE is 58 kmpl at a steady 55kmph. The bike comes with a four valve head. And yes, it has the good old-carburettor ! This was obviously done to keep the pricing under Rs one laks as otherwise it would have to be priced in the same category as the Duke 200.

Just look at those indicators jutting out from the headlamp chin. Remember the alien in Arnold Schwarzenegger movie The Predator :biggrin:?

Last edited:

Top Bottom