New Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS Makes Official Debut

Rs. 70,000 for a 200cc 23 bhp motorcycle with a liquid cooled engine and front/rear discs? No way. Rs. 90000-95000 would be more like it.

350Z

Core Team
My first reaction on seeing those images is a “wow”. Pulsar has been a hit from day one and Bajaj is really passionately working on this bike which clearly shows. Exact pricing hasn’t been revealed right now though and it will be on sale after March. But on a side note: Rajiv Bajaj has also announced about their big plans of introducing Pulsar 350CC in 2013.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Rs. 70,000 for a 200cc 23 bhp motorcycle with a liquid cooled engine and front/rear discs? No way. Rs. 90000-95000 would be more like it.
Agreed, but Bajaj are know for their killer pricing,so if not 70K than even 80K would be killer for this bike.

My first reaction on seeing those images is a “wow”. Pulsar has been a hit from day one and Bajaj is really passionately working on this bike which clearly shows. Exact pricing hasn’t been revealed right now though and it will be on sale after March. But on a side note: Rajiv Bajaj has also announced about their big plans of introducing Pulsar 350CC in 2013
Wow fantastic news.Also it means that we will have a 350cc bike at the price of 250 cc of foreign manufacturers[clap].

looks macho and It will be a success :)
Bang on correct, Mahindra and Bajaj are two Indian companies that have really moved the game forward and taken it to the japs.

the bike looks are the best . what about built quality ?The front reminds me Honda CB1000r
Exactly my thoughts, this bike does resemble the Honda CB1000R from the front.As far as biult quality is concerned this bike uses the chassis, suspension and retuned engine of KTM Duke 200 so it should be much better than before[:)].

Re: 2012 Bajaj Pulsar Debuting in December!!

i don't understand why many guys are mad at pulsars ? IMO pulsar is not that good in built quality like Honda and Yamaha. also Bajaj has the worst service i have seen they steeling spare parts from the bike which is there for repairs.
I personally haven't seen much pulsars which are old. Good condition pulsar are very rare or there isn't any. All the old pulsars have some sort of noises coming from the engine or somewhere else. One of my friend even told me that pulsar doesn't run good for more than 2 years. After 2 years, problems starts arising. Don't know how far this is true!

Bajaj Pulsar 2012 launched:

Next Generation Pulsar is called Pulsar 200 NS.The Pulsar 200 NS is a naked bike.

23.5 BHP of power at 9500 RPM, mated to a 6-speed gearbox. All new alloy wheels and monoshock suspension.

Weight of 145 kgs and a fuel tank capacity of 12 liters. 280mm front disc, 230mm rear disc and central exhaust.

Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS price is less than Rs. 1 lakh.The Pulsar 200 NS will be available from April 2012.

World’s first single-cylinder bike to feature tri-spark technology. 0 – 60 kmph in 3.8 seconds and 0 – 100 kmph in 9.8 seconds. Top speed – 136 kmph.

MotorBeam,Motoriods
I am sure this bike would have good sales. If they price this vehicle under duke which I think they would, then this would surely effect the sales of duke. But people who trust duke over pulsar would only go for duke. [;)]

I personally haven't seen much pulsars which are old. Good condition pulsar are very rare or there isn't any. All the old pulsars have some sort of noises coming from the engine or somewhere else. One of my friend even told me that pulsar doesn't run good for more than 2 years. After 2 years, problems starts arising. Don't know how far this is true!

I have an 4.5 years old Pulsar which has clocked 36k KMS and it's absolutely running well despite given some abusing.

And about those questioning the build quality of Pulsar yes certainly it's not as good as Honda or Yamaha but it's not poor either. And the engine looses it's refinement after few years but again it gave me no problems so far.

And someone asked why so many people are mad about Pulsar's? Right from the first generation Pulsar till now they have been good looking bikes. And there was a time when Honda was giving it's Unicorn with no alloys , no digital display , no LED tail lamps and were charging the same price as a Pulsar. That pretty much explains why Pulsar is still popular , VFM!

I have an 4.5 years old Pulsar which has clocked 36k KMS and it's absolutely running well despite given some abusing.

And about those questioning the build quality of Pulsar yes certainly it's not as good as Honda or Yamaha but it's not poor either. And the engine looses it's refinement after few years but again it gave me no problems so far.

what makes me hate pulsar is that loss of refinement and notchy gear changes after a period of time that is not experienced in R15 or unicorn

what i dont like in pulsar is the handlebar [frustration]

[gun] they can provide it like the r15 have.

yamaha-r15-v2-review-test-ride-25-copy.jpg

And how much money they are saving by giving this handlebar?[thinking]

Pulsar is getting slimmer & slimmer! [evil] I personally hate such naked bikes. The good old 150 & 180cc Pulsars look macho & stylish. 220cc looks hottest.

The 200cc engine is a complete departure from the old DTSi engines, so it wont be fair to compare the old gen Pulsar with the NS on issues like engine refinement in the long run and longevity. But one look at the technical specs confirms that it is a highly stressed engine (23.5 bhp from a 200cc engine and THREE spark plugs!!) and due to this the ELF (Engine Life Factor = 100,000 divided by compression ratio x max rpm) of the NS would be much lesser than, say the Karizma's (17 bhp from a 223 cc motor). Any engine that has been squeezed to within an inch of it's life in order to extract maximum performance out of it shall not last as long as a low revving, relaxed engine (Q. Why do we see 40 year old Bullets still merrily thumping along? A. 18 bhp @ 5625 rpm from a 350cc block). But let's see what modern technology with ultra close engine tolerances does for the NS.

Top Bottom