New Android Tablet within 20K

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, I need to buy a tablet. My budget is 20,000 - plus minus something. The main purpose is video calling (through wi-fi) and net surfing (3G).

I have a few queries -

1) In flipkart, I saw some tablets which do not have call facility, still they have mentioned that it has wifi + 3G. How is that? If it does not have call facility, it wont have a SIM card and if it does not have a SIM, how will it have 3G?

2) I do have a phone and call facility is not really important to me. But I need net connection 24x7 for e-mails and browsing. For that, I will need to buy a SIM card, isnt it? So if I am buying a SIM for the tab, why not as well buy the tablet with call facility...

Which tab would be the best in my budget? Oh yes, it has to be an Android!

Re: New tablet within 20k

wifi+ 3g essentially means it supports 3g dongle, i.e you can connect any 3g dongle to the tablet and surf the internet as well.
Yes they make it confusing for you !

Hi friends, I need to buy a tablet. My budget is 20,000 - plus minus something. The main purpose is video calling (through wi-fi) and net surfing (3G).

I have a few queries -

1) In flipkart, I saw some tablets which do not have call facility, still they have mentioned that it has wifi + 3G. How is that? If it does not have call facility, it wont have a SIM card and if it does not have a SIM, how will it have 3G?

2) I do have a phone and call facility is not really important to me. But I need net connection 24x7 for e-mails and browsing. For that, I will need to buy a SIM card, isnt it? So if I am buying a SIM for the tab, why not as well buy the tablet with call facility...

Which tab would be the best in my budget? Oh yes, it has to be an Android!
If your choice is only android then Samsung galaxy tab 7 inches is for 21 thousand and it has call facility also plus 3G ., good camera and looks nice I knw it's performance because 1 very close freind of mine is using it and is extremely happy with it .
You can get a blackberry play book too for very good price and even have all android applications on it ,
If your budget is 20 plus then samsungs 9 inches and 10 inches tablets are there .
Btw why you want 3G ? Just buy a wifi model .you use a android phone right ? Just activate 3G on it and use your mobile hotspot from the phone not only your tablet you can even connect 5 other devices to it .
1gb limit is just 250 inr from vodaphone , I have activated it in my lumia 800 and I turn the wifi hotspot and browse my iPad through it when iam on the road with blazing speeds.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
wait for the google tablet to launch. it will be offered for 200$ outside india. but prices here in india will be close to this so wait for some time.

wait for the google tablet to launch. it will be offered for 200$ outside india. but prices here in india will be close to this so wait for some time.
+100 actually a great great idea and the reviews are just great for it google nexus 7 tablet.

Thread Starter #7

Thanks a lot for the advice friends. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab2.

I wanted to compare it to the Tab 620 but the store owner claimed that the 620 is discontinued. I dont know how far that is true.

Anyways, I took a small demo at the store and was satisfied. It served my purpose and so I bought it for 19,500.

It will definitely need accessories like a bluetooth headset, a case and a screen protector.

Sorry, I could not wait for the Google Nexus.

Thank you again.

If your choice is only android then Samsung galaxy tab 7 inches is for 21 thousand and it has call facility also plus 3G ., good camera and looks nice I knw it's performance because 1 very close freind of mine is using it and is extremely happy with it .
You can get a blackberry play book too for very good price and even have all android applications on it ,
If your budget is 20 plus then samsungs 9 inches and 10 inches tablets are there .
Btw why you want 3G ? Just buy a wifi model .you use a android phone right ? Just activate 3G on it and use your mobile hotspot from the phone not only your tablet you can even connect 5 other devices to it .
1gb limit is just 250 inr from vodaphone , I have activated it in my lumia 800 and I turn the wifi hotspot and browse my iPad through it when iam on the road with blazing speeds.
Actually, my brother will be using this. He does not want to carry two phones, i mean one tablet and one phone. That is the reason he wanted the call facility so that he just needs to carry the tablet.

This is again the reason he opted for a 7" screen and not a 10" one.

Does the tab2 come with a sim slot or you need a dongle ? i was confused reading their specs - otherwise the spec seems very decent!

The very basics you should consider:
1) Capacitive Touch screen
2) Atleast 3-4 hours of Video playback battery life
3) Atleast 1 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM
4) atleast 4 GB of inbuilt space
+ your specific requirements.
At your price range you will have lots of options (except probably iPads)

The very basics you should consider:
1) Capacitive Touch screen
2) Atleast 3-4 hours of Video playback battery life
3) Atleast 1 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM
4) atleast 4 GB of inbuilt space
+ your specific requirements.
A 20k tab will surely have all that. [;)]

At your price range you will have lots of options (except probably iPads)
iPad is not android.

Congrats on your Galaxy Tab 2! Enjoy it! Love it! I was going to reply here. But saw your post that you bought already! :tongue:

Top Bottom