New AC Bus this Time!

Raj are you going to connect the AC directly to the engine? My college bus is having the same setup and believe me it causes it enormous strain to the engine while climbing bridges and so my driver switches OFF the AC to pull up more quickly. Doing such things to customers can be annoying atleast during hot summers.

AC brand am not sure , does both cost the same? Go for one which provides good cooling.

Thread Starter #32
@ mukesh: Thanks buddy.

@ dhaya: it depends on the engine too buddy. maybe your college bus is running on a 117 bhp engine, we are buying a 167 bhp engine. AC will take barely 5-7 bhp power, so the bus still has 160 bhp. AL has mentioned in their brochure that this engine has the capability to run an AC.

Thread Starter #37
yes its in kerela. would get air suspension fitted in TVS & then will be driven to Bangalore (Prakash) to get the body built. i will be seeing the bus there so please wait for the pics till first week of december.

yes its in kerela. would get air suspension fitted in TVS & then will be driven to Bangalore (Prakash) to get the body built. i will be seeing the bus there so please wait for the pics till first week of december.
Oh good.
I think Prakash has its coach building facility in Peenya Tumkur road.
Congrats once again.
Hope the Coach building has started by now.
When is the expected delivery raj.

Oh how i missed this , Congratulations Raj! Which body style have you decided , full time AC or sliding windows?

Thread Starter #41
Guys, went to Prakash today & decided on the body details. Sadly, i could not click any pics of the chassis (sorry guys) as it was parked in some other garage of Prakash.

1) Body will be similar to the current P8000 BMR plus. The only other body style available was a Volvo gimmick but that costs a whopping Rs. 2.8 lakhs more, so we opt out of it. Also, it was meant for long inter city trips with full length under body luggage area & all.

2) Instead of the conventional 'Harita' seats, we are mostly opting for seating by Vectra. We had a look at the seats & they looked far better, had a good quality finishing & were much more comfortable. Yes, it costs 35k more which was bought down to 25k after negotiation!

3) The AC unit is most probably by Thermoking or Jingyi. Jingyi costs 70k less than Thermoking which costs Rs. 4.9 lakhs & have heard good reviews about it too. But of course, Thermoking is a more reputed brand. Service of both is available in cochin. The AC bracket & pulley AL provides is not usable in the front door coach style, so we have to buy a different AC pulley assembly which costs Rs. 13k extra.

4) We like subtle interiors & the luggage rack will be beige in colour in rexine material & the side panels & roof will be of ABS material, again beige.

5) Floor panelling is a special material, forgot its name! Costs some 8k extra.

6) All the other paid extras include flat bonnet, ABS dashboard, Pneumatic automatic doors, etc. For the flat bonnet, the gear lever has to be modified which costs Rs. 4000 extra.

7) For the AC louvers/vents, we were given two options - standard & imported. the imported one looks cool with car like AC vents (which can be completely shut off) & aircraft style reading lamps & small night lamps but they cost a whopping 70k extra, so we are still thinking about it.

Thread Starter #43
Yes, because lighter interiors also mean it gives a more air feel. Also, the seat covers are blue in colour. the side panels are made of ABS which can be easily cleaned if dirtied.

Top Bottom