New AC Bus this Time!

ilango[speed thirst];49180 said:
Get a sliding window , . make sure you replace the rubber beeding once in a year or two.
No harm in using the sliding window in ac bus.
but do not compromise on push back seat.
I do agree on this point with ilango.

ilango[speed thirst];49180 said:
Get a sliding window , . make sure you replace the rubber beeding once in a year or two.
No harm in using the sliding window in ac bus.
but do not compromise on push back seat.

But Ilango then i feel many people will keep opening it for some reason or the other which will lower the cooling and also have an impact on FE.

But i agree PB seats are must if the trips are more than 4 hours.

Thread Starter #20
Yes, right now i have shortlisted the following -

1) TVS IRIZAR
2) Prakash
3) Veera

Bus mostly would be a 40 seater (P/B) built on 12M chassis. lets see.

Thread Starter #23
yes, it will be an AL chassis.

@ AMG: we cannot experiment with such new launched buddy. if something goes wrong, we are doomed. its a huge investment & we prefer playing safe! also, think about resale value. kerela is dominated by AL. even tatas & eichers dont stand a chance against AL, forget Kamaz!

AMG

Suspended
Hmmm

So you decided to play it safe.

Anyways, You just cant go wrong with AL.

PS: hoping for a free ride whenever I am in Kerala.

Thread Starter #25
Sure, but nothing is finalized as of now. We have called a AL representative at our place for the moment. we will be taking quotation of the following chassis from him-

12M with 114 bhp engine & 5 speed gearbox
12M with 177 bhp engine & 6 speed gearbox
Stag
Lynx

Thread Starter #26
We finally got the final quotation from AL today. It got delayed because we wanted 10.00x20 Radial tyres pre-fitted by AL (so that we dont have to modify the details in RC book later). the stock chassis comes with 9" nylon tyres. We are booking the chassis today & we want the delivery by mid-november so that we can fit the air suspension (Wheels India) from TVS & then drive the chassis to bangalore (Prakash) by december 1st.

So the final specs as mentioned in Quotation is-

ASHOK LEYLAND VIKING ALPSV 4/83 - 5639MM (222") WB passenger chassis fitted with 'H' Series 6DTI (BS-III) diesel engine, 5 speed syncromesh gearbox, power steering, rubber ended suspension in front and rear, rim, passenger cowl, driverseat, mirror LH/RH (one each), noise shield, ASA, tool kit, CMVR kit & 7 Nos. 10.00x20-16 PR Radial tyres.

It has a 167 PS BS III engine & AC can be directly connected to the main engine.

350Z

Core Team
Congrats, but how much time would it take for complete body work once you drive chassis to Bangalore?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29
it will take around 2 months for the coach building.

Now the only part left is to decide which body style to build & which AC to fit - Carrier or Thermoking.

it will take around 2 months for the coach building.

Now the only part left is to decide which body style to build & which AC to fit - Carrier or Thermoking.
Raj i would suggest you to go for carrier.
As i have seen buses in Bangalore with Carrier Tag on back.

Top Bottom