Neighbors Deliberately Parking in Front of My Gate

Re: Strange Habits of Car Lovers

Lol, I mean everyone reading this by the word "You" but that included you too :biggrin:
vijay_968 said:
Matiz did not leave the parked spot for next couple of days. The Ngbrs STOPPED talking to us and when he resigned, he did not inform me .
Did you use the parking spot thereafter or was it returned? [:)]

vijay_968 said:
Your writing brought ALL these in a nice manner; that experience is funny, if you are able to observe it as a 3rd person. But, a piece of advise. Consider settling the issue amicably and fast with your Ngbr.
Thank you sir for your advise, but he just won't sit down. I'm quite sure that that whole day his blood pressure was up to at least 300 S 200 D. Shouldn't say such things but I'm afraid that they will blame us if the elder guy dies of heart attack. I almost pity him.

This is too much, we've got another guy boring us.

P.S. I pity him more. Education up to 7th std, and fired from job, has kids (obviously a wife too) . But there's little I can do :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:

... Did you use the parking spot thereafter or was it returned? [:)]
... But there's little I can do :frown:

• The day I took Matiz out, zoom went the M800 to its regular parking space and Matiz got the space I cleared. The cars never changed slots thereafter [clap].
  • Time always finds a Solution. When we try, we like it better. That's what I and other forum members were suggesting.

Enough is enough. Now this guy and another neighbor (He's neutral, but maybe a little inclined towards them idiots) are burning some stuff , and garbage on the open space in front of my house, which is looking cleaner than earlier (Just checked now, they've disappeared)

I suspect that they will try to occupy this space too (Chances are quite less, parking there ain't no amateur's job and the incline means it's too tough for an amateur with a petrol car). But there's one hitch: That is no man's land, at least for now. "Kisike baap ki jagah nahi hai", this magic sentence enables them to do whatever damn thing they wanna do over there.

I've had enough, so I need a suggestion: Should I do what Vijay_968's neighbor did and park there, or anything else?

One Saturday evening, I spent about 2 hours to clean THAT area of low branches so that Matiz could get some reprieve till noon. My Ngbr and his family were watching. I parked my Car for the night. Next day early morning I took the car and came back after some 2 hours around 8:30AM. Ngbr's M800 was neatly parked in the shaded space newly created by ME!
I'm at an advantage; my mother goes to her drama practice every evening, and returns by 9 PM. And she can't take the two wheeler, because of the cold weather. My father takes the car and usually drops her off and picks her up at the scheduled time, but not easily. MAYBE, if I request my father to buy a sub-1lac rupee 2nd had junk which would run, and park it over the damn space, it means that space, until some bloke purchases it, is unofficially mine. What should I do? Any help? :please:

Thanks.

Hi again. The previous post wasn't anything remotely close to reality :stupid:

But again this guy parked his UGLY Swift L on the opposite side (technically it isn't anyone's but that's a real bad thing to do). If he does not leave I'm thinking of emptying the Dot 3 brake fluid on his roof. No that'd be too harsh.I guess when I buy the GT I'll park the Beat over there until she finds a buyer. Sounds convincing.

Edit: Genius moved it himself. I was thinking of throwing an egg at him, but he's just another foolish guy with a family (pregnant wife.). Not that I want to hurt him in any way, but he really gets on my nerves.

Last edited:
Hi again. The previous post wasn't anything remotely close to reality :stupid:

But again this guy parked his UGLY Swift L on the opposite side (technically it isn't anyone's but that's a real bad thing to do). If he does not leave I'm thinking of emptying the Dot 3 brake fluid on his roof. No that'd be too harsh.I guess when I buy the GT I'll park the Beat over there until she finds a buyer. Sounds convincing.

Edit: Genius moved it himself. I was thinking of throwing an egg at him, but he's just another foolish guy with a family (pregnant wife.). Not that I want to hurt him in any way, but he really gets on my nerves.
Glad you are getting rid of all those bakhwas feelings by writing here (and not actually doing). Remember the movie "Jab We Met" ? We encourage you to dump all such feelings so as to feel light.

House owners do have rights of the parking space and even though he does not own the space in front of his house , he has 'rights' to use that public space that he shares with others who would be using that space. The argument of the parking space as public road is non sensical because if that argument holds true, he/she can park anywhere he wishes to and that's exactly the reason why cars or vehicles are towed away when they are parked in roads. The argument of "I pay my xyz tax" also does not hold any strength here. The problem causes here is of deliberate inconvenience. The scenario in metropolitan cities has certainly gone south with road rage common not only in highways but also in housing societies and small lanes with inadequate parking space. I don't mind people parking in front my house so far as he/she leaves his/her contact number. But people should be aware of their rights. Section 122 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 clearly states that "No person in charge of a motor vehicle shall cause or allow the vehicle or any trailer to be abandoned or to remain at rest on any public place in such a position or in such a condition or in such circumstances as to cause or likely to cause danger, obstruction or undue inconvenience to other users of the public place or to the passengers."

kkn13

Suspended

Enough is enough. Now this guy and another neighbor (He's neutral, but maybe a little inclined towards them idiots) are burning some stuff , and garbage on the open space in front of my house, which is looking cleaner than earlier (Just checked now, they've disappeared)

I suspect that they will try to occupy this space too (Chances are quite less, parking there ain't no amateur's job and the incline means it's too tough for an amateur with a petrol car). But there's one hitch: That is no man's land, at least for now. "Kisike baap ki jagah nahi hai", this magic sentence enables them to do whatever damn thing they wanna do over there.

I've had enough, so I need a suggestion: Should I do what Vijay_968's neighbor did and park there, or anything else?

I'm at an advantage; my mother goes to her drama practice every evening, and returns by 9 PM. And she can't take the two wheeler, because of the cold weather. My father takes the car and usually drops her off and picks her up at the scheduled time, but not easily. MAYBE, if I request my father to buy a sub-1lac rupee 2nd had junk which would run, and park it over the damn space, it means that space, until some bloke purchases it, is unofficially mine. What should I do? Any help? :please:

Thanks.
I have similar issues with my society 2nd gate, someone in our society simply got someone to drill a hole in the ground and put a heavy metal pole into it . problem was solved until road work happened and now the pole is missing recently

When I was in Uni, these bikers used to always park their bikes on front and back of my car such that they used to touch my car,scratch bumper and hood etc and make it impossible to move. My friend who car pooled with me got angry moving the bikes every day with me and put it on the first lane of the road one day right outside the towed car parking lot a few metres away from the Uni. The bikes would get picked up by the tow trucks almost immediately after we left

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Well not exactly parking at the gate, but at the allocated parking space of my new home. I have parked Harrier as securely as possible but right in front of my car stands a neighbors Sunny. Today, in evening I requested them to move the car slightly as Harrier being a big SUV needs space and people turning their cars near my home find it difficult to maneuver. I requested them to which the lady of the house told, it has always been our space / spot to park as we have allocated our parking for the guests. You may park your car next to the park. There is a Fortuner also which maneuvers somehow and manages to turn so you may also try it. Though she was polite but the reasoning was absurd and illogical. My being a corner home, I get the space of 2 sides plus a relatively big space inside the house to park a car (Nexon's /Tigor's size) inside with space left for 2 big motorcycles. So, one of my car stays inside, the other one on 1 side and the Harrier on the 2nd side (Park Facing parking). Though I could not accept the logic of the lady but still maintained calm as was not in mood to unnecessarily argue as logically I am not obliged in any manner to entertain their guest's parking logic. Ideally, they should be parking in their legitimate space and their guests are their guests not mine so they need to look after that and not me. Now, my only concern is, the neighbors try to squeeze their Sunny between the Harrier and a cut tree due to which I am nervous about them hitting my car while parking and if it gets hit, I will be doomed because I can't ask for the damages from the neighbor and more so from the lady. Now my options are:

1) Park Tigor at park facing parking since it needs less space and accommodate their car too in our parking space. Though illogical but I'll try and be courteous.

2) Park Harrier on my other side parking but due to the size it would cover the road space too which will create issue for other residents and visitors.

3) If I park Harrier inside, I wont be able to open the driver's door because of it's sheer size and the constructed pillar of the roof arc.

What to do??

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom