Neighbors Deliberately Parking in Front of My Gate

I can't agree that the road outside your house is your parking lot.What non sense? It's a public road. On what grounds do one have the right to make it their own? Really funny beliefs.Please don't be under any impression that you have or for that matter anyone has the right to park on public roads.
There is a slight difference in road sides of Kerala & Karnataka(at least in Bangalore).

In Kerala (Most of the place I have been to /seen), the main roads are narrower than the small lanes in Bangalore.

The footpaths (in the lane) are wider & that can almost accommodate the width of the car in most of the places. At least in my area, when I take out the car from inside & park outside for washing, going out etc, 95% of the car is in the footpath area.(I do not park on foot path & ours is not a busy lane)

In Bangalore, parking on road side is a reality as people do not build parking while constructing the house.

I am not endorsing footpath(road side parking). But, that is the reality in Bangalore ! I have a parking space and I never keep my car outside unless for above mentioned reasons.

Here, they take the foot path/roadside right in front of them are considered parking area for their vehicles !

Last edited:
In Bangalore, parking on road side is a reality as people do not build parking while constructing the house.
That is a short sighted ness which BDA and BBMP has. In all developed cities in India people are given sanction to plans for building houses with sufficient space left for parking and fire safety (inside the plot/site)

IDIOTIC NEIGHBOURS! How do I protect my baby from these?

Without getting into details, I an only gonna say that the fight today with these guys today was the most heated-up one (Make no mistake, these guys think they are the creators of the Universe, and expand like so. Into our house!). My mother insulted these, calling the oldest guy a Budhha, woman a Budhhi (Insult "old man", "old woman" respectively. I was gonna type Buddha but refrained for obvious reasons), pagal, idiot, and all these things. Now, the couple stays alone and has 2 married children and both of them out of the city. Not anymore, the elder son, is almost a goon, he's coming tomorrow, the old man confirmed this. He punctured my car tyre after the first heated-up fight about 6 months ago. Rs. 3000. I didn't have proof, but the night before we discovered this, he was talking on the phone near the car. Even the tyre expert confirmed this. This time, the situation is more tough, I am afraid that he might call his goons and... Well, let's not discuss it, all I wanna say is that he will at least try to damage the car. In fact, we also fought for the rightly our parking space. And I stay in a row-house so it's not that much of an issue, but this guy will not hesitate to do the deed even while we are watching. And we cannot beat him up, can we? They are the goon-type, not us. Worse still, my mother has hypertension and is diabetic, and these are quite the reasons for today's fight. I can't keep the car inside, since my two-wheeler and cycle are here too. So, I HAVE to park on the street. There is little I can do, if I park my car a little away from their house, they will park on the space we fought about, and if I do not, we have discussed that earlier. Best case scenario, he will just stay for ganesh chaturthi and leave, and worst that he calls his goons. Please tell me what is there I can do to keep my beloved Chevy Beat safe from these guys? *I always swear not to go in details, but I can't help myself, forgive me :please: coz :stupid:* Mods, please move, merge or delete if necessary. Searched for a topic like this, got nothing. Neither did I find the right section.
Thanks!!!

Last edited:
Re: IDIOTIC NEIGHBOURS! How do I protect my baby from these?

Install a cctv camera if they damage your car again you can take help from cops and cctv recording will be a good proof [:)] all the best

Re: IDIOTIC NEIGHBOURS! How do I protect my baby from these?

Install a cctv camera if they damage your car again you can take help from cops and cctv recording will be a good proof [:)] all the best
Thank you. Maybe I want to, but my parents are quite confident that nothing will happen. I am afraid this is not going to happen.[cry] Thanks, though!

I stay in a house where there is no car parking available inside house ,so I park in the front of my house on the road.Now these rich guys park there car whenever they find a vacant place.Suppose I take out my car , then when I will come back that place will be taken by any of these guys. Ideally I can park my car in front of the house where I stay but they will barge into it creating trouble to me
As its public road you cant claim parking even if its in-front of your house (logically)
Of course one should have mutual understanding to get rid of such issues.
A practical solution will be to get your own parking in your own land (modify your existing home)

if 75000 worth tv and 2 lakhs worth jewels can have place inside home to stay, then why not you don't have a heart and place to keep your car inside your home

one who can afford to buy a 35 lakhs worth double bedroom home, then the same should ensure their is a space to keep their 5 to 10 lakhs worth movable property

ofcourse even if we are in rented home one who prioritize and check for European or Indian toilets rather than checking for space to keep their 5 to 10 lakhs worth movable property

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
Update: Sadly, I got my brand new i10 Grand punctured twice by 2 solid nails in rear tyres.
These nails are very identical to each other. How can someone get their tyre punctured when taking out from your parking space ?

Strange part is.. these both nails are new and not rusted. they kept it tightly fixed to the tyre so as soon as I take it out.. maybe it got punctured. Within 40 - 1hour outside. I had to call roadside assistance.

CCTV doesn't help much on apartment atmosphere. especially when you're at higher floor.

I can do the same for his car. But that makes no difference of me. Shame on these type of people. What do they get ? Probably a bigger accident awaits for these kinds of scumbags in the name of karma.
At least they should learn from it. That's all I need.

As its public road you cant claim parking even if its in-front of your house (logically)
Of course one should have mutual understanding to get rid of such issues.
I respect your point here. But to be honest not many of us have that little bit of common sense to think for a second when we're parking in-front of someone's gate.
We have no idea who's living inside the premises. Could be a old aged or deceased one. they can't take their vehicle out for an emergency.

I'm not pointing anyone as "We". Just saying that we, Indians.
And I agree some people don't do that act, probably because they've experienced the pain. So they know about it or they must be good enough to respect others.

Last edited:
Scumbags do that when they want to. This is the third case after mine, another guy's (He deflated the offender's tyre, and the latter had a good deal of trouble, so he's behaving himself) and your's. And as I've experienced it, these guys do not listen to reason. Worst thing, you do not have any proof. Although the three of you (Cop, you and the idiot) know who's the offender.[frustration] Worse, you give him a little concession, they think they're the boss.

Anyways, how is it that they damaged your car, if I may ask?
Was it out of jealousy (G-i10 is a great car), or to avenge an older fight or something?

And if it is "public street", HOW COME YOU ARE BLOCKING IT? Ask the neighbors, this.

There isn't much that can be done about the tyres, they do not trigger the sec. system. Wait... I think there might be a modification, if the air is coming out of the tyre, a whistle should go off.Forgive me :stupid:! 0.001% chances are this will work. If it does, both of us would be in bliss![clap] (No offence intended)

Shrid signing off.
o---x---o

Mobile can also act as a cctv camera. Keep it with camera switched on in recording mode inside your car.

Last edited:

I respect your point here. But to be honest not many of us have that little bit of common sense to think for a second when we're parking in-front of someone's gate.
We have no idea who's living inside the premises. Could be a old aged or deceased one. they can't take their vehicle out for an emergency.
I'm not pointing anyone as "We". Just saying that we, Indians.
And I agree some people don't do that act, probably because they've experienced the pain. So they know about it or they must be good enough to respect others.

I think its not *Many* who do this....The people who do this just has the same saying "Everyone does it ..so i am also doing",
These people need to also think will they blindly follow what other people do in other things?
I personally feel, its not good to generalize as '"we Indians". NOT many are like this.
Just my humble opinion,
Thanks

Update:

...But to be honest not many of us have that little bit of common sense to think for a second when we're parking in-front of someone's gate.
(Sorry I could not include this in my last post, my father was pestering me to sleep.) I too park in front of some gates, but these look like are locked for ages- locks rusted, gate rusted, has almost come off. Its "I v/s You" when it comes to space in neighbors. Hey bud, how about this? Keep your things in front of the gate, such that will not block it, but nobody should be able to park there. Sorry for the pun, couldn't control it! BTW, deceased person living inside the premises? [lol]

Top Bottom