Need Suggestions To Avoid Possible Scratches

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
{please move the thread to the right place if needed}

so here's my problem. there is a wall where i have to park. ( see the image below)

as you can see how close i have to park the car , and for some reasons i have to park it closest to the wall possible.

and many a times my car hit the wall when reversing and it causes scratches [frustration] it just removes the paint.

so i need suggestions to avoid those scratches. The wall was build by my neighbor who's not so friendly so breaking the wall , i can't do it [:D]

i tried some sponge things \ thermacol to put on the wall but they won't stick to it [confused]

DSC_0616.jpg

Re: Need Suggestion to avoid possible scratches.

add reverse cam to your car. you'll get a perfect idea at which point to stop the car. Or add stick foam to card board and then nail it too the wall [thinking]

If this is the exact place where you park daily, then most economical solution would be to place a brick right behind one of the rear tyres. So daily while reversing the brick would block the car and you would easily know it.

Other options like thermocol etc can be tried but, I think brick is the best jugad.

Get a sheet of thick yoga-mat (2 if required) and paste it on the wall at the place that might come into car's contact. This way even if car touched the wall you can avoid scratches. Also, when parking at this place have someone to see how close you have got to the wall and when to stop.

freakdude.

Have noticed the thick rubber sheets stuck to pillars in some underground parking areas. I think these are the best bet for you. Use nails to hammer 1 rubber sheet onto the wall and use some commercial adhesive to stick another thick rubber sheet onto the first one and you are good to go. No more worry of scratches ( at the most the wall might collapse if you reverse into it[;)] )

you just make a breaker like pillar under ,where the wheals come, it must be straight and 3to4 inch high ,so it never let the car to moove ahead that limit.

If this is the exact place where you park daily, then most economical solution would be to place a brick right behind one of the rear tyres. So daily while reversing the brick would block the car and you would easily know
This idea seems good and very economical and its easy to get bricks around home. :-)

This idea seems good and very economical and its easy to get bricks around home. :-)
Just imagine if somebody moved the brick even by an inch while cleaning the area, now, you are relying on the brick to touch the tyres so that you can stop from reversing, and BAM!!!

freakdude.

Use one or two Old Bike tyres on the wall.. eventhough you hit the tyres it won't create any scratches or mark on your car.. & it is Damn cheap :)

Even I used bike tyres at old home while parking in reverse[:D]

Here is the reference Pic(Please bear with the quality of the Pic)

Attachments

Last edited:

Just imagine if somebody moved the brick even by an inch while cleaning the area, now, you are relying on the brick to touch the tyres so that you can stop from reversing, and BAM!!!

freakdude.
hehe. I know.

My idea was to draw mark or fix something like a brick on ground firmly.
'Allhyundaicars' can dig the mud around half of a brick and fix the brick in a manner that half is outside. No one will move it then.
I am giving him the most instant and costless solution. I know there are a lot of things that can be done but they may involve some money.

350Z

Core Team
as you can see how close i have to park the car , and for some reasons i have to park it closest to the wall possible.
Why exactly do you need to park the car so closely?

If this is the exact place where you park daily, then most economical solution would be to place a brick right behind one of the rear tyres. So daily while reversing the brick would block the car and you would easily know it.
Get a sheet of thick yoga-mat (2 if required) and paste it on the wall at the place that might come into car's contact. This way even if car touched the wall you can avoid scratches. Also, when parking at this place have someone to see how close you have got to the wall and when to stop.
'Allhyundaicars' can dig the mud around half of a brick and fix the brick in a manner that half is outside. No one will move it then.
These suggestions make some sense. The combination of both might help to prevent inadvertent damage. Just don’t totally rely on them though. Also make use of mirrors as well as the parking sensor while parking in such locations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Use one or two Old Bike tyres on the wall.. eventhough you hit the tyres it won't create any scratches or mark on your car.. & it is Damn cheap :)

Even I used bike tyres at old home while parking in reverse[:D]

Here is the reference Pic(Please bear with the quality of the Pic)
+1 AppU
A scratch or a dent in a car even if its too small is painful to see.
I do have the same opinion of placing some worn out tyre right in front of the wall. Even if the rear of the car touches the tyres ,it wont possibily damage the car. Its the easiest solution.

350Z

Core Team
I do have the same opinion of placing some worn out tyre right in front of the wall. Even if the rear of the car touches the tyres ,it wont possibily damage the car. Its the easiest solution.
It seems that he has limited room. Keeping a tyre will occupy some space. If he’s all right to accommodate one, then it’s also possible to similarly park the car a little ahead and this question wouldn’t arise at first place.

Drive Safe,
350Z

It seems that he has limited room. Keeping a tyre will occupy some space. If he’s all right to accommodate one, then it’s also possible to similarly park the car a little ahead and this question wouldn’t arise at first place.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Exactly, that is why I think he would have to use something that blocks his tyres.

And also, if a tube or tyre is fixed on wall, there is possibility of bumper getting black color from the tubes. In my opinion he should not put anything, not even thermocol on the wall.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Bike Tyre won't occupy much space. It occupies very minimum space only & It will be the best solution.

@ allhyundaicars :

Just try it. if you are satisfied with it, continue otherwise try other options[;)]

Top Bottom