Need suggestions on Diesel Hatchback, Bought Punto

Status
Not open for further replies.
An inspection before the car is registered is important.Once the car has been registered in your name there is nothing you can do.If you find a mechanical flaw or body damage you can ask for another car to be registered in your name,but once its registered it'll have to be taken to the service center to get it fixed.In my Opinion you must do a PDI before the car is being registered and another before taking the delivery of the car.

exactly, PDI checklist is more important before the car is registered in your name, cause before registeration,you can reject to accept a particular car, what its reasons but once thats happened, dealer would be king.

Here's the update: Being the last day tomorrow for the Diwali offer, I had to make a decision and I have done that.
I just came back after booking the Electric Blue Emotion 1.3 variant. Now the most important part: I have applied for a loan from ICICI (this being my salaried account) and the Regional Manager that I am communicating with has been extremely helpful and has informed me that the loan will go through by tomorrow morning. If not, I am cancelling my booking cause I cannot avail of the Diwali offer after tomorrow. So keeping my fingers crossed as of now. Hoping that the loan goes through.
Vroom, i heard that the Diwali offer has been extended till 31st-Oct. May be you can check with your dealer, in case of delay.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #80
RSM,

Thats right. The dealer called me in the morning and informed me that the offer has been extended till the 31st Oct.

I just got a call from the ICICI Bank guy that the loan has gone through. I will inform the dealer to confirm booking with Tata-Fiat tomorrow.
Hopefully, I will get a tentative date as to when the car will come to their backyard from the Ranjangaon plant for a PDI check.
Just one thing, the dealer is saying that blue is a slow selling color and therefore would want a letter from me stating that this is my preferred color of choice and cancellation/changing this color will cost me 20,000/-. He did inform me that any other color, he will not charge me cancellation amount at all. Guess Electric blue is not moving that fast.

Cheers,
Vroom

RSM,

Thats right. The dealer called me in the morning and informed me that the offer has been extended till the 31st Oct.

I just got a call from the ICICI Bank guy that the loan has gone through. I will inform the dealer to confirm booking with Tata-Fiat tomorrow.
Hopefully, I will get a tentative date as to when the car will come to their backyard from the Ranjangaon plant for a PDI check.
Just one thing, the dealer is saying that blue is a slow selling color and therefore would want a letter from me stating that this is my preferred color of choice and cancellation/changing this color will cost me 20,000/-. He did inform me that any other color, he will not charge me cancellation amount at all. Guess Electric blue is not moving that fast.

Cheers,
Vroom
This is bit strange about Blue Color. I personally like the color. Even i am not seeing this color in Bangalore. I have seen just 2 yet, but same is with Minimum Gray. I think most visible on road color is Grey and Red.
But if you like the color, i don't think writing in plain paper should be a problem.

Even my avatar picture is Blue Punto[cheers], though i own Red one.

Thread Starter #82
hehehe.. that I did observe and infact went back to your report and read it again to confirm that you have a red one!! I think you should upload some pics of your red one here.

Cheers,
Vroom

The main problem of FIAT's vehicle were
  1. Bad Fuel Economy
  2. Costly spare Parts
  3. Availibility of Spare Parts

I think they fixed 1st two problems.[thumbsup]
They have to work hard for 3rd one.

Last edited:
  1. Bad Fuel Economy
  2. Costly spare Parts

There is no problem for spare parts here in mumbai RSM
Maybe Fiat needs to do it all-over India

There is no problem for spare parts here in mumbai RSM
Maybe Fiat needs to do it all-over India
There is no problem, but sometime you have to wait.
Like my one of wheel covers was broken, it took 5 day for them to order and receive, it was not available. But the good news was it was just Rs. 275. They had given me 1, from the pack of 4. Next 3 customers will get quickly.

Same thing happend to one of my friend's i10, the cover was available, but you know what, he had to take full pack of 4 wheel cover. They didn't give him single cover. They said Hyundai sends them full pack.

1. Bad Fuel Economy
  2. Costly spare Parts

i do agree on your list, availability of spares is still a concern with the main reasons being co-ordination between tata dealer and spare division, having said that fiat themselves need to look into this matter and make things go more smoother then current.

Thread Starter #90
Vroom Congrats man! Electric Blue is an attractive color.

@RSM: Good to hear that all the problems you mentioned are addressed!
Thanks so much Shynish. I had to run around for a license (Learners) today [confused]. Amongst all this I realized my past one has expired and its from a place which I don't even remember. Well, thats the status right now and I will need to wait a month from now to get my permanent license.

Vroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom