Need suggestions on Diesel Hatchback, Bought Punto

Status
Not open for further replies.
ilango[speed thirst];2433 said:
We see about the same engines , but each has different gear boxes and ratios right?
so which matching makes them best?

This is apart from build quality.
Yes, we can see same engine performing differently (with different gear boxes). However, the selection gear box again depends up on the tuning of engine the power we are expecting. Gear box is only one of the factor which is directly dependent on the 'tuning factors' for an engine. This is explained in the above links.

Arun

Suspended
Vroom,
I suggest you to wait for a while till the i10 diesel rolls in. Is the purchase date pre-planned? As in many people buy new vehicles on Diwali/Dusshera and so on. If the dates don't bother you wait for a while.My pick would be the Punto.Swift is too damn common nowadays.It has become the new-age Maruti 800 for some reason.As far as A.S.S goes take into consideration that TATA and FIAT have joined hands.So the A.S.S would be just as good/bad as TATA.

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Are we missing getz crdi.good car.great power but bad interior.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the Getz.
Hyundai has planned to stop productions.
So buying a car which is going to be discontinued is not a good idea according to me[:)]

My situatios was also similar to your's. Ritz - I didn't like the look at-all. Back side design was ugly.
Swift was one of the choice, till Punto got launched. Took test drive and fall in love with looks...
Initial engine performance was just OK, but after i completed 1000K mark, the engine becomes smooth, silent and pick-up performance is increasing with each passing day.

hey vroom, any updates buddy, and also were you able to TD any of your shortlisted and also are you back in town.Seems too many of questions..:-))

vroom, what happened buddy, festive season just around anything decided by your end, as some good deals might be offered this time do look around and update this thread.

Thread Starter #56
Vijay,

My friend, am so sorry have not replied at all to your messages. I landed back in Mumbai day before after a long stint at work outside. So am back in Mumbai now.

Here's the update: Being the last day tomorrow for the Diwali offer, I had to make a decision and I have done that.
I just came back after booking the Electric Blue Emotion 1.3 variant. Now the most important part: I have applied for a loan from ICICI (this being my salaried account) and the Regional Manager that I am communicating with has been extremely helpful and has informed me that the loan will go through by tomorrow morning. If not, I am cancelling my booking cause I cannot avail of the Diwali offer after tomorrow. So keeping my fingers crossed as of now. Hoping that the loan goes through.
This is a brief update and ofcourse will update my dealer experiences as well. But honestly, I wanted to update you all as I was feeling really bad about not being on TAI for the last 3 weeks.

Cheers,
Vroom

Edit: The most important part: I really wanted to thank all my friends here on TAI for being understanding and helping me come to a decision by giving me that confidence. I really really appreciate that [:)]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Many Congratulations to you vroom, Nice to see another member joining the "Punto Club" of TAI and we are glad that we were of some help to you in making the decsion of your first car.

Post the pics of your car once you get it home and I would like to read a dealership report of FIAT. Congratulations once again. [:)]

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #58
Thanks a lot 350Z. Well, I am just hoping that the loan goes through quickly, else its a wasted effort as far as booking is concerned.

But I must say something: "and we are glad that we were of some help to you".. would really be an understatement. This should be lots, lots and lots of help [:)].

Cheers,
Vroom

Vijay,

My friend, am so sorry have not replied at all to your messages. I landed back in Mumbai day before after a long stint at work outside. So am back in Mumbai now.

Here's the update: Being the last day tomorrow for the Diwali offer, I had to make a decision and I have done that.
I just came back after booking the Electric Blue Emotion 1.3 variant. Now the most important part: I have applied for a loan from ICICI (this being my salaried account) and the Regional Manager that I am communicating with has been extremely helpful and has informed me that the loan will go through by tomorrow morning.....................
Thats a great news Vroom.

Waiting to see your Electric Blue Punto. The color choice is really awesome. this color has a great road presence [:)]

Dont worry about loan, they will manage to get that. Same happened last year for me[;)] I booked my car just two days before Diwali offers & Kun made all the deals at the right time.

No Thanks, Of course we are here to help you decide anything on automobiles

Do update us, waiting for your dealership & ownership experience.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
Congrats vroom. Which dealership are we talking about? Wasan?
Best of luck on your loan!
Hope to see another Punter[Punto-Owner][lol!] join our club.

OT: Will you be coming for the Mumbai meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom