Need suggestions on Diesel Hatchback, Bought Punto

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes buddy i20 is best option if you can streach your budget.or else go for ritz if yu can digest its looks.

well vroom, just a suggestion if you really dont want to go with i20, be within your budget you planned and dont push.Punto and Ritz both are good cars and both have their + and -'ves to test drive them, ask few owners about its reviews and feedbacks and buy accordingly.

Thread Starter #33
Thanks Vijay. Honestly, I wanted to buy a car since the beginning of last year and the budget then was around 4.5 L and looking at the newer options I increased it to 6L this year.
I have seen a few I20s here in Mumbai and loved them, they look great but its just really really out of my budget.

Thanks Vijay. Honestly, I wanted to buy a car since the beginning of last year and the budget then was around 4.5 L and looking at the newer options I increased it to 6L this year.
I have seen a few I20s here in Mumbai and loved them, they look great but its just really really out of my budget.

yes buddy, i do understand that but me personally believe always stick to your budget, yes a few K's here there is okay but not in Lacs mate, as there are other things which needs to be added to our choice after a purchase to stick to your budget, TD all your shortlisted cars, if possible talk to few owners of those cars and then finalise what suits your bill and need.Still if you cant make decision you know we all are here to help you.
Keep Updating.

Thread Starter #36
350Z, Going next weekend. Been so busy with work this last week, I could not make it. Moreover, when I wanted to go, because of Ganesh Visarjan, the dealer showrooms were closed.

I will be on the next weekend and hopefully have an update on Sunday.

Cheers,
Vroom

was lookin at i20 today and it just reminded me of you!!its a really nice looking car.and one of friend just got punto diesel will give you feedback..

Thread Starter #38
was lookin at i20 today and it just reminded me of you!!its a really nice looking car.and one of friend just got punto diesel will give you feedback..
[:)] Thanks amit. Will await your feedback on the Punto diesel.

Cheers,
Vroom

Indica Vista would be a good buy at 5L range. I have drive my friends car and the engine response is more or less similar to that of a swift VDI as it shares the same engine with a different engine map.

I 20 Magna Diesel would be within 7L (6.97L Chennai)

Thread Starter #41
Vijay,

Sorry man.. just saw your post. Not been in town, out on work!! Will update once I am back in Mumbai.

Interceptor, i20 is way out of my budget.

Cheers,
Vroom

So you are confused among the following
1.swift
2.ritz
3.punto

Swift and ritz are from same company that has a lots of service centres around.
Punto is from fiat which is a good company. but poor A.S.S. Tata service centres do look after fiat, but its a big headache with the A.S.S people.

Believe me, even a 11 years old fiat uno's chassis nuts can be removed easily but a 1 year old indicas and indigo find it difficult to remove . So fiat scores over the build quality.

Suzuki gives you decent quality. but cases were there like doors of swift getting rusted soon. but that was only for few batch of cars. Now its rectified and some of previous swift were changed in warrenty.

Did you try the Indica vista quadrajet ?
Test drive that too. you would love the space inside it.
Its build quality too is ok. Not a big problem .

For 5 to 6 year of ownership any of these cars will be good.

My advise , stick with maruti or tata.

Last edited by a moderator:
vroom, hope you are still in confusion [:)].

In my view, for you the pick is between Swift & FIAT Punto. Given the factors, if I was in your place, I will pick Grande Punto. Drive both of them and decide.

Please note that the power curve of Grande Punto is different from Swift, even though they have the same engine. It is the standard tuning from FIAT for various good reasons. Hence, you will feel that Swift is more powerful that Punto.But in reality, FIAT tuning will give a quality engine , with longer life. I am trying to get more details on the power curve for Swift & Punto, alas, I am not successful yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #44
Thanks Shynish. You bet, I am still in confusion compounded by the fact that I am out of Mumbai due to work [:)].

I will be TDing the cars once I am back in Mumbai, but I so completely agree with you about Punto.

Would the difference in the power curve really matter so much?

Cheers,
Vroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom