Need suggestions on Diesel Hatchback, Bought Punto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #153
Well, Insurance is free along with the offer. So, I am saving on that. I know about RTO registration getting done individually. But man, work is killing me and I have to forgo that 3 odd K due to lack of time.

Cheers,
Vroom

vroom, when you get your beuty, make sure you go some outskirt, beautiful place and take some excellent picture. Punto deserves the best pictures. I missed that part, but it will be memorable for you. This car is great for Photography.

Thread Starter #155
Yep RSM. I certainly will do that. ICICI guys messed up big time with some documentation. They forgot to give something called a "DV" document (god knows what it is) to the dealer. The poor sales guy at the dealer's has been following on my behalf even though I went directly to ICICI and not through him. I think the registration process will start today, cause he just called me and told me the documentation is on its way to him.

Cheers,
Vroom

Thread Starter #157
Ya, good idea I could do that.. maybe tonight or sometime tomorrow. Will start writing late afternoon today.

Cheers,
Vroom

RTO registeration would save you approx 8-10K's if done outside.
How registration will save money?
For example, in my case they had charged Rs. 79985 for Road Tax and Rs. 4750 for Handling Charges. Tax receipt i got, so do you mean to say if i do registration myself, dealer will not charge "Handeling Charges"??

Thread Starter #160
Hey vroom, when are you getting your car ? Post some pics buddy.
Yep Shynish will do that. First, it was the ICICI guys delaying with some documentation. Today, the dealer was supposed to receive it, but today being what it is with cyclone scare and all that here in Mumbai, pushed again by another day [anger].

Vroom

Thread Starter #163
Hey, not tomorrow. The registration process will start tomorrow. The registration process has gotten delayed exactly by 9 days till now.
So hopefully the car should be with me this weekend and I am hoping, really hoping about this.

Cheers,
Vroom

How registration will save money?
For example, in my case they had charged Rs. 79985 for Road Tax and Rs. 4750 for Handling Charges. Tax receipt i got, so do you mean to say if i do registration myself, dealer will not charge "Handeling Charges"??

yes, road tax is okay, but regestration with RTO,insurance is something you can do outside on your own, and would surely save by 8-10K's as dealer have their part of commision on all these.Handling charges are negotiable and sometimes pulled off as well.these are added charges by dealer to make some more mollah from buyers.

They forgot to give something called a "DV" document (god knows what it is) to the dealer.
DV is actually "Discharge Voucher".
Normally, when you claim insurance, in case of accident etc., and if dealer has cashless arrangements, then insuarnce company (after verification) gives the DV document, so that you can take your car out and they will settle the bill themselves.
Dealer might require this from Bank also, but i am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom