Need Suggestions For 12" Alloys

Even am on the hunt for 12" Alloys for my Carribean blue alto..
First thing you get on asking alloys for 12" is a deadly look by the dealer[evil]
but upsizing is not a good option atleast on an alto because i know couple of my frnz who are having issues with 13" on alto.
i have decided on PY 517, the second pic.
I was quoted 9k at Punjab tyre sole, Vashi, Navi Mumbai and 12.5 for same at Darshan tyres, JM road, Pune. so told Punjab tyre guy to order set of 4 and will put during diwali when i visit my parents in Navi Mumbai. also getting free alignment, balancing and nitrogen!!![clap]
rest of the designs are too common or dont look good on the wierd color of my alto!

Akash- have you finalized on the alloys?

Mumbaikar- Mumbai is very cheap when looked at car accessories or also in general except land costs. The funny thing is these guys in Pune source all such accessories from Mumbai itself.

I would suggest you go in for 13". Price will be more or less the same but handling will be better. The K10 as well as the earlier export Alto's came with 13" wheels.

Jalex, Designs of both the wheels look quite different to me.

View attachment 30749

View attachment 30751

Drive Safe,
350Z
Guess they both are the same, Only mine has a two tone colour. Maybe the cut offs between the spokes look slightly different but they basically are the same set. I'd seen both, all silver finish and the two tone when I got my set. The designs were same and the part number on the Plati webpage is the same as mine I think.

And Akash, If you or anyone else here has got a dilemma with upsizes, This can help with the final decision and making the right choice: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Last edited:
wont an upsize to 13" from the existing 12" affect the steering effort or FE?
also ther would be some speedo error i guess..

wont an upsize to 13" from the existing 12" affect the steering effort or FE?
also ther would be some speedo error i guess..
It wont, if the upsize to 13" comes in the right profile. Just try the Tyre Size Calculator link here and see for yourself. It also shows the speedo error that might result when you go for an upsize.

Tire size calculator

Top Bottom