Need Solution for Reducing Glare from Dashboard

Thread Starter #16
Thanks ilango. Do correct me here -- I was planning to spray paint the upper part of dash ONLY by applying tapes around so that the spray doesn't spoil another part of car. And it will be done within minutes.

So my job also gets done and it will be hassle free. Also if this sounds practical then suggest me a color

Thanks ilango. Do correct me here -- I was planning to spray paint the upper part of dash ONLY by applying tapes around so that the spray doesn't spoil another part of car. And it will be done within minutes.

So my job also gets done and it will be hassle free. Also if this sounds practical then suggest me a color
Yeah , you can very well tape and paint , But it will be good to remove dash board and paint. As there may be lot of overspary all around the car and you need to do a perfect interior cleaning.

Also interior painting is not the same as exterior painting. You need to keep the original surface as such . - its totally a different process.
You need different base and gun handling procedure.

Get in touch with a modifier around you.

Else if normal painter without interior paint experience , does them , the colour will become thick - looses your original dashboard pattern - and peel off in due coarse of time.

Black is readily available colour.

red / grey / dark blue .. have matching seat cover for red and blue!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Went to couple of paint shops today. Many of them quoted 1500 to 3500 for dash matt finish black paint. All of them were confident of good job.

Went to couple of paint shops today. Many of them quoted 1500 to 3500 for dash matt finish black paint. All of them were confident of good job.
Make sure they have done such work earlier. Dash painting is a different kind of paint job in which the original finish of the dash must be retained.

Thread Starter #21
One guy quoted 1500/-, one day job. Another quoted 3500/-, two day process.

Process -- Masking half of the car by tape etc, applying plastic paint primer and then coat of paint.

Both said they will use dupont paint black matt finish. Don't know the reason.

Thread Starter #22
After getting my first scratch, I have hidden the scratch by using a sticker. This gave me an idea that I should buy a full matt finished sticker and tape it on my dashboard. This will avoid the glare and increase visibility under direct sunlight driving.

Lets see, I am yet to try it out.

Thread Starter #24
I did consider dashboard covers. However didn't feel comfortable.

Today tried the sticker experiment. The glare went away, but the sticker didnt stick properly. Looks like painting is the only way out or the guy didnt use good quality sticker.

Stickering on dash will spoil the look buddy. The better option is painting by a proffesional guy. Even wrong paint job will ruin your dash. If you dont get a proffesional painter, live with that color.

Thread Starter #26
I do agree with you Akash. hence dropped the idea of sticker job after trying it for some time. Seems like I will have to live with it.

Thread Starter #27
Friends, once I tried to fit non glossy good quality black colored tape on dashboard of my i10, but in vain. The person was not able to do it correctly. But it did reduce the glare significantly.

Now I am looking for a skilled person who does vinyl sticker jobs in Pune. If anyone knows a skilled person then do let me know.

I forgot that I had only created this thread.

Last edited:
Re: Source-Facebook

I saw this modified i10 with customized leather interiors.
The total cost of the interior leather is said to be 1.5 L.
It is a KL registered car with kits and other modifications.
money spent is not so wise!

would look terrible in real life .
I will never buy a car like that looks so fake man.

have you seen premium cars with factory leather ? they are what you call good.

At the topic - just get the dash cover as suggested by 350z, if there are color issues try to get the spray cans ( for cloth) and spray on your cover

Top Bottom