Need Scooter Urgently. Help Select Between Petrol vs Electric

Thread Starter #16

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I would choose the NTorq any day. Knowing the manager personally would be an added advantage.
Also, another advantage which I forgot to mention in my last post. The TVS showroom and service center is in the town and close to my home. Honda service center is another one km away from the TVS service center and on the side of the national highway.

Hero and Honda showroom/service centers are situated on the opposite sides of the national highway and I had big trouble to get a transport in the past after dropping my previous Hero maestro edge for service. You will never get an autorickshaw in the middle of a national highway.

Thread Starter #17

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Today, visited Suzuki & Hero showrooms for a Test drive

Suzuki Access 125 BS6

They have no scooter in stock to show also no on Road price given because the sales girl told me that prices are increased from today and they still waiting for the new price.
Also, they have one month waiting to get this model ready for delivery

Not a way to deal with a customer like this. We just simply left the place and headed towards Hero showroom.

Hero Maestro Edge 125 BS6 - Bluetooth version

They have all variants in stock but no scooter for Test Drive (all brand scooter showrooms in my area are sub-dealers hence these guys were not provided with a test drive vehicle which must be available at their respective head-offices which is about 40 kms away from here.

The scooter looks very nice (me and my friend feels better look than Ntorq and Grazia) and they have got 4 colours - Panther black, Mat techno blue, pearl silver White, candy blazing red. The on road price comes to Rs.1, 07,500 including Tax, Registration, Insurance, Steel Guard, mat, seat cover etc. Full size or Half size helmet free from Hero.

Edge.jpg

Edge1.jpg

Edge2.jpg

I have made a comparison chart considering all new features available on each brand as under:

comparison chart.png

Considering advanced features, the Edge 125 scores well than the other 3 in the list. Access 125 has a peculiar feature - Integrated Engine starts and kill switch with the easy start system. To start the scooter just press this switch gently - no need to depress the brake lever as we do usually in other scooters.

Now, time to take a decision and go ahead with the booking.!

Thread Starter #18

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Booked TVS Jupiter 125

Variant: Disc
Colour: Blue
Waiting period: 10 days (approx)

The OTR price break up:

Ex showroom - 87,490
Road Tax - 9,549
Insurance - 6010
Footrest - 700

Total Rs.103,749

No accessories except footrest available for this scooter as of now, so need to add another Rs.1500/2000 in the final price amount when these accessories are available..

Thread Starter #19

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update

Now it's time to go for a new scooter as driving the car for short distances is not working and also finding very difficult to get a parking space in the town limit.

Called the TVS guys and enquired about my booking which was done on 21/10/21. They advise that there has been a big demand for this model, however, they are ready to allot me a vehicle now. Asked for a fresh quotation which they sent over to my WhatsApp number.

The prices have now increased to Rs.88, 740 ex showroom price for the Disc version (previously it was Rs.87, 490) i.e. an increase of Rs.1250/- on ex showroom price :sadface

I argued with them that I have booked the scooter 3 months back and they are the one delayed hence they should maintain the old rate. But they claim that it is the manufacturer who increased the price and not the dealer and to safeguard their interest, in the bottom of their Invoice it is clearly written as ''Above prices are subject to alteration without notice and the price ruling at the time of delivery will be applied''.

However, I managed to reduce the extra amount added to the Road Tax figure and some discount, on Insurance - a saving of Rs.794.

(It seems Kerala MVD increased the Road Tax rate from 8% to 10% for two wheelers with an ex showroom value under Rs.1 lakh, so unable to get any further reduction from the dealer).

In addition, they have quoted Rs.3600 for accessories (Steel Guard, ladies footrest and seat cover). I have told them that I will finalise the accessories just before delivery and not willing to pay now (I want to see the quality of these items before they install it).

Planning to visit them tomorrow and make the payment, if they are ready to deliver the scooter in next two days time.

Thread Starter #20

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update

Deal finalised and paid the full money on 2nd Feb, 2022 for the Jupiter 125 Disc version (Blue color).

They promised Seat cover and foot mat as free accessories. I will have to pay for the steel guard, which they quoted Rs.2300/-

Not sure when I can get the delivery as still not allotted a number from the RTO (reason for the delay is a shortage of staff at RTO due to COVID). Once the number is allotted then will take another 3 or 4 days to get the HSRP number plate.

In any case I am not expecting the delivery of the new scooter not before the middle of next week.
unhappy.png

(In my opinion, the previous arrangement was more convenient i.e. upon paying the Road Tax, RTO's issue a TP on the same date and we can drive the vehicle with that TP number. Now, with the new law, even after paying the full amount the scooter is lying in the showroom. Also there are chances to get some minor damages or scratches on the scooter and if that is the case who to be blamed?)

Thread Starter #21

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Update

Registration Number allotted on Saturday (5th Feb) and now waiting for HSRP which I think may take another couple of days. Hope to get the scooter delivered on coming Thursday

Thread Starter #22

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Finally, took delivery of the scooter today, around 12pm (In fact the HSRP number plate received by the dealers yesterday itself and they informed me sane, but I was busy with something else hence took delivery today)

Herewith couple of pictures taken at the showroom

IMG_20220210_115228.jpg

IMG_20220210_115238.jpg

IMG_20220210_115219.jpg

More photos with ownership review, soon

Top Bottom