Need Quick Decision on Buying a New Bike - Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
I was running out of time, so I felt to create this new thread to get a quick feel of fellow TAI members on my new bike decision

After reading some 1000 reviews by now, I decided the following

My height 5'10"
Weight 75kg

Requirement - new 100/110/125cc bike
Mileage - decent
Reliability - should be good
Long term usage - 5+ years
Specific things required - good seating position, low engine noise and refined, good built quality and fit, reliable company, no rattlings, very good suspension, should be a budget one.
Budget - Max 60000/-

After lot of Test drives and visits to show rooms, I have narrowed down to the following

Honda Shine - A proven horse
Honda Dream Yuga - New entrant from Honda with 110cc and found good any every thing
Bajaj Discover 100 4g - Good in everything, but doubts on reliability in long term usage, rattlings, Bajaj bad service, cheap built, but price and mileage was attractive
Hero - All old boring models and with thin tyres, some how not convinced when I look at their bare hero emblem

Yamaha - No such good bike in that cc segment, SS125,SZ-S/R looks be heavy to hold and out of budget and pathetic Yamaha service

TVS - Not very reliable for long term usage and less resale value

Suzuki - Do not want to touch after burning with Slingshot

I hope I covered everything and really looking for your advise to choose from Honda and any other great one if I missed out !!

I need to buy one on 1/8/2012,so quickly give your opinions

Re: New bike quick decision needed !! urgent

Gurrala sirji
Leave all and everything,there is nothing in the world,for whome to save money.This world is just a MOH-MAAYA.Hence I recommend you to buy a Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i for 60k.You will get a very decent bike with very very low mileage.
This bike is powerful,comfortable and no doubt fuel efficient too.

And if you want a new bike then go for Yamaha SZ-R.At east 150 cc is a must,also the SZ-R's great low end will make it a fun-to-ride city bike too.

Thread Starter #3

@Vipul, Thank you for your enthusiastic suggestions !!

My daily usage is limited below 8km with 20km speed internal roads with good amount of speed breakers,path holes, bad roads with mud

I hope you will defenately change your MOH-MAAYA with the above and suggest which on the earth and I am looking for something which takes me not I take that with me !! in very slow speeds

Any model of Honda should be good for you in that case, hero bikes i personally dont like them as they are making them more light weighted due to which the bikes look delicate.

My pick would be the new Discover 125ST have you taken the TD ?

@Gurrala:
I hope you won't mind taking advise from a girl but I believe that at least 150cc bike is a must.It offers a lot more ease of riding and with more power in hand you can take it for long runs too sometimes.My experience with bikes is less but out of all the bikes I have ridden till date,Bajaj Pulsar 150 is the best as an overall product.

Thread Starter #7

Any model of Honda should be good for you in that case, hero bikes i personally dont like them as they are making them more light weighted due to which the bikes look delicate.
Thanks you Jango, I agree with you !!

My pick would be the new Discover 125ST have you taken the TD ?
Yeah I did it, but to be frank it was not impressive Visran !!

@Gurrala:
I hope you won't mind taking advise from a girl but I believe that at least 150cc bike is a must.It offers a lot more ease of riding and with more power in hand you can take it for long runs too sometimes.My experience with bikes is less but out of all the bikes I have ridden till date,Bajaj Pulsar 150 is the best as an overall product.
Thank you Parul, I am not gender sensitive at all and welcome the suggestions from every body. I agree with you on 150cc, but just look st my recent post where I said my usage and on those roads. Anything away from my residence I am not comfortable in bike but I use my car, So bike usage is limited and for very low speeds, 150cc would be bit heavy I feel.

Gurrala Sir:
As we say in Hindi "Yeh sansaar ek moh-maaya hai,isme kisne sukh paaya hai"(This world is a MOH-MAAYA,no one has even lived happily here).Hence I still recommend you to go for Pulsar 180 or 220.In the dense streets also these bikes are easy to ride because of the power they offer.
Else go for Unicorn Dazzler.

BTW,what about a HERO MOTO IMPULSE?I think it will be best for your roads.

Thread Starter #9

Gurrala Sir:
As we say in Hindi "Yeh sansaar ek moh-maaya hai,isme kisne sukh paaya hai"(This world is a MOH-MAAYA,no one has even lived happily here).Hence I still recommend you to go for Pulsar 180 or 220.In the dense streets also these bikes are easy to ride because of the power they offer.
Else go for Unicorn Dazzler.

BTW,what about a HERO MOTO IMPULSE?I think it will be best for your roads.
[clap] Vipul, I agree for all your suggestions.

I think Age factor & family-man thinking changes the decisions and unfortunately I am a person who go according to the need and not according to the desire !! at the moment.

I have already driven Pulsers and I felt that the handle bar is to short where I have lean on the handle and in slower speeds with its disc brakes shoulders will strain a lot while frequent breaking.

Hero Impulse[surprise] it is not a off-road area I am driving in, they are just small tiny streets.

^^Sirji,now let me get serious.
Then the only bike for you is tried and tested Honda Shine or a Bajaj Discover 125 ST,none else.

Thread Starter #11

^^Sirji,now let me get serious.
Then the only bike for you is tried and tested Honda Shine or a Bajaj Discover 125 ST,none else.
OK good now you have fallen in to the correct line[:)]

Tell me Honda Shine or Honda Dream Yuga, if you haven't seen or tested DY, then do it for me and tell your opinion OK.

Do you think any other thing in the same range I missed out [confused]

Stunner is not for you,but if you are not happy with disc brake then you can go for drum brake equipped Yamaha SZ.
Naa,none else.I am yet to ride Yuga and since I am hostage at my home for next 15-20 days so I can't even TD it.
In other words,Shine or SZ are my final votes.

Rest always remember,this world is MOH-MAAYA.Any day you can start living your every day.

Thread Starter #13
Guys I think I am more going with Dream Yuga !!. I have to finalise my decision by this afternoon as I got one bike off the shelf for me its black. So want to book it today and take the delivery tomorrow. So I will keep my fingers crossed until lunch time to finalise my decision !! hurry up with your views my dear friends !!

Thread Starter #14
Oh no more replies[cry] anyway going to book the Dream Yuga now and get the delivery tomorrow. Thank you all for your valuable suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom