Need Premium Car Advice: I Trust As You’ll Never Go Wrong

Thread Starter #1
Hai guys.I would like to listen to your valuable inputs in helping to buy a new car.I was having an eye on hyundai tucson and was set for it.It had all the checkpoints I wanted...a suv that is premium. But looking at the price now its landing around 42 lak when i go for a diesel at and that puts me in a mind set i would rather go for fortuner and I was also a previous owner of fortuner. Now just want to know if tucson is worth it or rather wait and decide until the next gen fortuner next year.If you have any other suggestions do let me know i may consider sedans as wel.thank u guys!

Which variant are you looking at , assuming a full option!
What is your usage?
I would prefer Fortuner if it is more of highway rider rather than city. If you need a mix of city and highway- Tucson is better.
Features and kit wise, Tucson is better equipped.
Ultimately, Fortuner is like investing in a real estate property, even if you sell after some years, you will get a good price!

I hope this helps.

Thread Starter #3
Which variant are you looking at , assuming a full option!
What is your usage?
I would prefer Fortuner if it is more of highway rider rather than city. If you need a mix of city and highway- Tucson is better.
Features and kit wise, Tucson is better equipped.
Ultimately, Fortuner is like investing in a real estate property, even if you sell after some years, you will get a good price!

I hope this helps.
What you said is exactly true. I had the previous gen fortuner and I still found it easy for city driving and also it sold at a good price. Considering hyundai I don't think so that would happen. I would go for either a manual diesel or at diesel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4
I spoke with toyota manager,i was told that the fortuner new version with hybrid may be launched in june along with innova.Even if am going with fortuner should i wait and get the new one which will obviously have price hikes and getting a diesel one would there be any complications later with govt norms and rules.what if they ban like delhi

It won't get banned in chennai for sure!

Just check Legender's price, its so over priced! Its like a monopoly by a SUV. That segment doesn't have any competition pressure. Hence , if Fortuner / Innova Hybrid is launched, there is no other Hybrid in that segment. Hence, it can cost close to buying a luxury german.

I seriously miss the Mitsubishi Plug in Hybrids now in Indiaa.

Thread Starter #6
It won't get banned in chennai for sure!

Just check Legender's price, its so over priced! Its like a monopoly by a SUV. That segment doesn't have any competition pressure. Hence , if Fortuner / Innova Hybrid is launched, there is no other Hybrid in that segment. Hence, it can cost close to buying a luxury german.

I seriously miss the Mitsubishi Plug in Hybrids now in Indiaa.
Even if i am going for fortuner my choice is a manual becoz I am used to it or may be a auto i may decide at the last point.The toyota sa is giving me a note to buy the diesel now itself as the next version may be a petrol hybrid.I told in that case I am stil worried about resale value as there wont be any diesel cars and not sure what would be the people mind set as they may come up with a new logic that the car is not in market and we can buy at low price only when i sell.Yes as u said the new version price may go above 50.Not sure if i should go for the new one though or the current gen.btw thanks for ur reply.

I will buy a Diesel Fortuner eyes shut!
If it is a highway cruiser and you want to keep it for more than 5 years, I will also suggest Alturas G4 (It is a underrated product, comes with 7 speed Mercedes sourced transmission).

Thread Starter #8
I will buy a Diesel Fortuner eyes shut!
If it is a highway cruiser and you want to keep it for more than 5 years, I will also suggest Alturas G4 (It is a underrated product, comes with 7 speed Mercedes sourced transmission).
My driving mix of highway and city.alturas as you said will have a look.am also considering kodiaq and thinking to test drive it and finaly come to a conclusion.Spoke yday for x1 as well and its due for next face lift.my only thing abt fortuner is that to be ok to struck with a older gen nw.

Thread Starter #9
hai all,am here again looking for your valuable and timely advice as I set ready to find the best car that suits me.You guys have been always helpful and I rely on totaly.So I am just going to put the list of cars that I am considering and would like to discuss the pros and cons.It would be of great help.I know my choices may be mixed but am aware they all have different driving dynamics.I do prefer suv than sedans but still if its a meaningful option I am open to it.Also I would like to know if one should wait into 2023 for more facelifts and new models coming.So i am looking into these cars and also let me know if you have any choices i missed
fortuner,tucson,kodiaq,x1
camry,superb,octavia,2 series and a class.
Today I started the research by taking a test drive of kodiaq and it did not impress me much.awaiting your reply guys!

Thread Starter #10
Hai guys I have earlier opened a thread regarding this but its inactive and also I have some updates so like to start a new thread.I am trying to get hold of a perfect choice in buying a new car and need your help.
Did TD of tucson 2022 and not much impressed.Did TD of fortuner diesel and nothing to complaint but little confused if I wait for the new one.Did TD of superb and just fell in love.Keeping it as the 1st option but its mileage is low and also I hear they going to discontinue but the dealers dnt tell that will happen.
my choices I have Tucson,fortuner if suv and superb,octavia,camry if sedan.
plz help! if these and any other choice.

It depends on what you want - SUV/Sedan?

If SUV, the segment doesn't have a strong competition, and Fortuner hence shines with its overall reliability. But I don't prefer one as it is really overpriced.
If a sedan, I recently read that Superb base model is priced in par with Octavia's top trim. I have driven Octavia, and it is always an enthusiast choice. Superb is a good car, but I don't prefer that length. Sadly, both maybe discontinued as Indian market is all going after SUV and Compact SUV's.

If a luxury SUV, my pick would be : AlturasG4(I love the transmission reliability, and also it is an underrated product, I don't mind if it is discontinued, as it is a global model, easy to get spares), Kodiaq (Luxury of Superb in SUV form), Q3 (Same spec like Kodiaq), GLA. (These are based on Fortuner budget).

In sedans: Octavia (Only pick).
Superb I won't prefer as an enthusiast.

Thread Starter #12
It depends on what you want - SUV/Sedan?

If SUV, the segment doesn't have a strong competition, and Fortuner hence shines with its overall reliability. But I don't prefer one as it is really overpriced.
If a sedan, I recently read that Superb base model is priced in par with Octavia's top trim. I have driven Octavia, and it is always an enthusiast choice. Superb is a good car, but I don't prefer that length. Sadly, both maybe discontinued as Indian market is all going after SUV and Compact SUV's.

If a luxury SUV, my pick would be : AlturasG4(I love the transmission reliability, and also it is an underrated product, I don't mind if it is discontinued, as it is a global model, easy to get spares), Kodiaq (Luxury of Superb in SUV form), Q3 (Same spec like Kodiaq), GLA. (These are based on Fortuner budget).

In sedans: Octavia (Only pick).
Superb I won't prefer as an enthusiast.
Hi @VISHNUCARCRAZY thanks for the reply.
I have removed fortuner from the list. I have owned the previous gen 3ltr diesel and love it. I did td of the current model two days back and it was taller than the old one and the driving wasnt that comfortable.
later I did td of superb and just loved it and also did td of octavia which was also equally good and my confusion gets to the point which one to go for and also looking other options.
I did td of superb in city traffic and highways, it was not difficult given its size and parking too. the interiors are little outdated but ok. octavia also I have owned the previous gen and the current one was also fun to drive and interiors were fresh. both the cars are strong in competition though different segments. I'm yet to take TD of kodiaq.

Try a hands with TD of Kodiaq. A gentle advice to testdrive as an estate version of Skoda rather than treat like a full fledged SUV. I am 100% sure it won't beat Octavia/Superb in driving experience as a sedan. But, you need to include the point of practicality in driving in roads that is made for scraping bottom.

Thread Starter #14
Try a hands with TD of Kodiaq. A gentle advice to testdrive as an estate version of Skoda rather than treat like a full fledged SUV. I am 100% sure it won't beat Octavia/Superb in driving experience as a sedan. But, you need to include the point of practicality in driving in roads that is made for scraping bottom.
hai...what you say is true actualy.Yes i did td of kodiaq and infact i liked the driving. the back seat súpport and comfort was not that good for a vehicle at that price range. any ways i have asked for td again to recheck and wil update here.

Thread Starter #15
Hi All,

I was planning to go either octavia or superb.

Both getting discontinued by march and dealers have last batch of stock. i want to know if i can proceed with purchasing either of them. my concerns are like, the scenario of having a discontinued car in terms of car presence,service etc. Having a outdated car it may have no resale value. If suppose a new version appears then I'll be having hard time thinking over it. Again if I skip it am realy not finding any decent sedans in that range.

So I am just confused and need your help.

I also consider kodiaq and keeping it has option as of now. The general draw back is poor rear and 3rd row space, I really wouldn't need a awd tech any time but as a car its decent. Alternatively if I consider BMW or Merc then the budget would go beyond 50 to 60 and am not sure about it.

Top Bottom