Need New Phone But Unable To Decide

If your budget is small never go for touch screen.they are pain to use and get all the scratches within weeks of use. Nokia qwerts are good for rough use,lasts longer and neat.moreover touchscreens have not yet evolved to compete with ease and speed of qwert keyboards

@edios, i am not addicted to nokia .last year I had lg optimus 500 with me .it had some oem ad softwares which we cannot delete and and these adwares like #bollywoodnews# runs on its own consuming battery and internet. i tried to flash the phone to remove them but it was not so easy and convenient as flashing a nokia phone.so I made up my mind for nokia only I havent come across silly unwanted programs in Nokia phones yet and they still make bullet proof phones like nokia C6.
The userinterface is is too simple and outdated so it feels sluggish though but they dont give up so I vouch for them

Last edited:
If your budget is small never go for touch screen.they are pain to use and get all the scratches within weeks of use. Nokia qwerts are good for rough use,lasts longer and neat.moreover touchscreens have not yet evolved to compete with ease and speed of qwert keyboards
touchscreen of symbian phones is bad but belive me touch response , and keyboard on microsoft windows phone 7 is as great as ios and nokia lumia 800, 710 has gorrila glass screen scratch proof .
i adore nokia for the camera abilities the n8 can still blow many phones even now .
my lumia 800 has a decent camera just posting some untouched pics the 710 is just a little shy in case of quality compared to 800

Attachments

I have been thinking of changing my current phone I have for sometime, its a Lava B5 the only really good thing about it is its a dual sim phone bought from my friend for 3k some 2 or 3 yrs ago

Now my criteria for new phone isn't really much the usual calls, texts & sometimes get on the net with GPRS can't afford 3G right now its too costly & also if possible GPS included. Now comes the important thing on which I am unable to decide on, whether its touch or hard keys phone I should go for. I have used touch phones but didn't feel really comfortable with touch except for on phones like Galaxy S2 or the Iphone which are out of my budget.

I am thinking of going for Blackberry or Samsung below 15k or 20k phones, my question is if I go for BB say Curve 9220 or 9320 will BB sustain for sometime (I know we can't guess but just want to know what you all think) & then there is the Samsung Galaxy Y & Galaxy ACE. If possible i'd like to just know which would be good & apart from these if anyone can give info on other phone might be helpful :)
If you are ok with Apple Iphone 3GS it is available for 10=3K. Check below link
http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/app...nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P24600292091309235637240

I have been thinking of changing my current phone I have for sometime, its a Lava B5 the only really good thing about it is its a dual sim phone bought from my friend for 3k some 2 or 3 yrs ago

Now my criteria for new phone isn't really much the usual calls, texts & sometimes get on the net with GPRS can't afford 3G right now its too costly & also if possible GPS included. Now comes the important thing on which I am unable to decide on, whether its touch or hard keys phone I should go for. I have used touch phones but didn't feel really comfortable with touch except for on phones like Galaxy S2 or the Iphone which are out of my budget.

I am thinking of going for Blackberry or Samsung below 15k or 20k phones, my question is if I go for BB say Curve 9220 or 9320 will BB sustain for sometime (I know we can't guess but just want to know what you all think) & then there is the Samsung Galaxy Y & Galaxy ACE. If possible i'd like to just know which would be good & apart from these if anyone can give info on other phone might be helpful :)
If you are ok with Apple Iphone 3GS it is available for 10+3K. Check below link
http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/app...nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P24600292091309235637240

touchscreen of symbian phones is bad but belive me touch response , and keyboard on microsoft windows phone 7 is as great as ios and nokia lumia 800, 710 has gorrila glass screen scratch proof .
i adore nokia for the camera abilities the n8 can still blow many phones even now .
my lumia 800 has a decent camera just posting some untouched pics the 710 is just a little shy in case of quality compared to 800
Symbian Touch Screen is not bad as you think, even my X6 - first capacitive touch screen of Nokia. But 5800 - agree 200% I don't who will like to use it! :tongue:

And IOS doesn't mean to have the best touchscreen now, that story of it even vanished! Almost every high end phones have better or similar to Iphone's touchscreen.

Symbian Touch Screen is not bad as you think, even my X6 - first capacitive touch screen of Nokia. But 5800 - agree 200% I don't who will like to use it! :tongue:

And IOS doesn't mean to have the best touchscreen now, that story of it even vanished! Almost every high end phones have better or similar to Iphone's touchscreen.
Boss I have yet to find 1 android phone which scrolls and is as fluid as iOS or windows phone 7 and mind u iOS and windows phone 7 doesn't use your quadcore processors .

Thread starter asked for a "which candy" now we are discussing which one is sweeter.

All these sugar coated candies last only upto one phenomenon called "upgrade".
moment a new upgrade is announced, all those best in lot features becomes ancient and outdated..you feel like holding an iron age rock....and there goes hard earned 20k or Rs.40thousand.

Come on manufacturers give us a phone which can withstand wrath of the devilish upgrade..I think Nokia have it ..a handful of them.

Boss I have yet to find 1 android phone which scrolls and is as fluid as iOS or windows phone 7 and mind u iOS and windows phone 7 doesn't use your quadcore processors .
[surprise]
Sorry, I didn't mean to tease them. I didn't say that iOS and WP7 is bad than Android!

@Jayadev, LOL![clap] Agree 101%[;)]
For the phone, I suggest Lumia 800.

Thread Starter #27
Quite a lot of suggestions thanks guys, after a bit of search I came down to 2 choices, Samsung Galaxy Y or Blackberry Curve 9220 both are in my budget, I've had a look at other phones like the Nokia Lumia but they just don't seem to appeal to me due to my aversion to M$ OS in it I don't know just don't want M$ on my phone as well. Now only have to see which one I would want to buy...

Have you thought about Sony Xperia Neo V. I have recently bought the same for my wifey and seems to be really good phone. looks are awesome and it cost me 17k only.

Top Bottom