Need Motorcycle For Big Guy

Thread Starter #16
@Krishna, let us know the long term review. I would be upgrading to a 200-250cc bike after a couple of years :tongue: and the Fazer 250cc is one of the bikes in my radar (since I am not a fan of naked bikes).
Sure. Currently using this bike extensively. Rode almost 300kms in a week. If I continue the same, within september I may have to go for service. First service is scheduled at 60 days or 1000kms.

For those who are looking to buy this bike :
Please dont buy the bike manufactured before april 2017, that lot has a many issues. Yamaha has replace few of those bikes via dealers. Kindly please take some time to check VIN thoroughly.

Sure. Currently using this bike extensively. Rode almost 300kms in a week. If I continue the same, within september I may have to go for service. First service is scheduled at 60 days or 1000kms.

For those who are looking to buy this bike :
Please dont buy the bike manufactured before april 2017, that lot has a many issues. Yamaha has replace few of those bikes via dealers. Kindly please take some time to check VIN thoroughly.
Please throw me some light to check the VIN number for YAMAHA.

Thread Starter #18
Please throw me some light to check the VIN number for YAMAHA.
10th character is year, typically it should be "H" as in 2017. 11th-17th will be vehicle identifier which indicates assembly line and production number. If your bike is new it should have vehicle identifier as "00186XX" or greater.
If you know a dealer, you can try asking him or month of manufacture will be mentioned in form-22.

10th character is year, typically it should be "H" as in 2017. 11th-17th will be vehicle identifier which indicates assembly line and production number. If your bike is new it should have vehicle identifier as "00186XX" or greater.
If you know a dealer, you can try asking him or month of manufacture will be mentioned in form-22.
"00186XX" might be for FZ25, but I have recently purchased SZRR2.0 which has 10th character as H and 11th to 17th characters as “0007XXX".
Is there any way to find the manufacturing month?

Thread Starter #20
"00186XX" might be for FZ25, but I have recently purchased SZRR2.0 which has 10th character as H and 11th to 17th characters as “0007XXX".
Is there any way to find the manufacturing month?
Vehicle identifier I mentioned is only for FZ25. I have no idea of SZR, better if you check xbhp forum.
It's easy if you ask your trusted dealer. I checked it in road worthiness certificate when I about to sign for registration.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
@krishna came across this thread. I'm from Mysore as well with height 6.2 ft.
It's nice to see another Mysore-an on this thread. Hope we'll meet one day after the pandemic ends.

@krishna Wanted to know your thoughts and feedback now :)
I've have a dedicated thread for the bike : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/threads/yamaha-fz25-knight-black.31989/

Positives :
  • Posture is upright for me. It's very good for my back especially on long trips.
  • Wide seat for rider.
  • Very good FE in comparison with competitors.
  • Engine is extremely reliable.(it's based on XT250)
  • DIY easy, only need Sockets (8mm,10mm,12mm), 17mm and 19mm spanners, Screw driver set (JASO) and Allen key set for bike.
  • Very good price to performance ratio.
  • Good power bursts at low end. Awesome for quick overtaking.
  • Generic spares are shared with FZ and FZS
Negatives :
  • ASC is a big let down for me. They are good for basic/regular service, definitely a big no for technical stuff.
  • Headlight is mediocre.
  • 2017 FZ25's silencer has mud baking issue which looks like rust. (not a bid deal breaker for me)
  • Stocks tyre is bad. MRF Massater is good and if budget permits Pilot Street is ideal.
  • Some major spares have higher lead time.

Top Bottom