Need Information for Munnar Trip

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I got five days leave from 11/8/11 to 15/8/11. In these 5 days i planned to visit Munnar for first 3 days i.e.11-13th of this month.

My plan:

Start place : Vellore
Start Date & Time : 11.08.2011 & 2:00Am
Destination : Munnar
Mode of Transport : My Indica
Occupants : Total 4 (Myself, Cousin Brother, My mom & Dad)

I decided to take Salem-Erode-Tripur-udumalaipatai route
As this is the very first time for all of us. we don't know anyplace place at Munnar.

I need a advice on Accommodation at Munnar & suggest me some places to visit in Munnar

Tourist places that am aware: Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Spice Gardens, Famous martial arts show known as 'kalarippayat'. Also don forget to shop for spices, tea & home made chocolates

There are plenty of good resorts in Munnar in all price ranges. I stayed in a place called Ayur County Resorts. This was @ 15-20 kms away from heart of Munnar but offered excellent view of mountains, very calm and serene, neately maintained.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Tourist places that am aware: Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Spice Gardens, Famous martial arts show known as 'kalarippayat'. Also don forget to shop for spices, tea & home made chocolates

There are plenty of good resorts in Munnar in all price ranges. I stayed in a place called Ayur County Resorts. This was @ 15-20 kms away from heart of Munnar but offered excellent view of mountains, very calm and serene, neately maintained.

carfreak,

Thanks for the information,

How much you for one night in Ayur resort?

Also you have a very good view point location. Its on the Kerala - TN border. I forgot the name. This gives superb view from mountain. You have to climb (not exactly trek, stone steps are there) for @ 20 mins. Actually I went through a package tour, so it was all inclusive. Did not get the break up for accomodation expense. You can check out Trip Advisor for other options as well - Munnar Hotels: Read Munnar Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

Hey buddy i visited Munnar last year , here is my travelogue , see if its useful to you.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/2563-my-trip-kodaikanal-munnar.html

We are Club Mahindra members and we stayed in their resort , so i have no idea about the places of stay. Carfreak has already mentioned some of the important tourist attractions at that place. My personal advice hire a guide for one day , they may charge around 2k i think but really useful!

Thread Starter #8
Thanks dhaya,

I saw your travelogue. awesome pics dude. the pics boost me to visit the place immediately.

But the trip has postponed to next month due to heavy rain fall at munnar.
My dad friend said about the rainfall [frustration]to my dad, so my dad said to postponed the trip.

I'm in full upset because of Munnar trip[cry], but for complementary i planned to visit Madurai.

Madurai trip :

We usually visit Meenakshi Temple during sabarimalai sesson only. during those sesson the temple contains more people, so not able to pray peacefully in temple.

This is off-sesson, definetely the temple will be free.so i decided to visit Madurai this time.

My plan:

Start time from Vellore : 4:00am on 12-8-11
day 1 :Planned to visit Trichy Samayapuram - Srirangam - Pilliyarpatti
Night halt in Thiruparangundram

Day 2: Thiruparangundram murugar temple - Meenakshi temple - Kallazakar temple - Pazamudhirsolai .
& return to Vellore on 13th Night.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Nice Pics surfer. thanks for your pics.

2nd green pic is awesome man. with the help of you guys i got some idea about munnar.

I'll keep this in mind and update to you guys once trip is completed.

Thanks dhaya,

I saw your travelogue. awesome pics dude. the pics boost me to visit the place immediately.

But the trip has postponed to next month due to heavy rain fall at munnar.
My dad friend said about the rainfall [frustration]to my dad, so my dad said to postponed the trip.

I'm in full upset because of Munnar trip[cry], but for complementary i planned to visit Madurai.

Thanks for the compliment buddy! Well add me to your list , our trip to Kerala was also postponed to next month because of rains![frustration]

Top Bottom