Need Help with Suggestions for Buying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cooldhaya I have finalised finaly finaly with Aria,had a TD again Yday and was happy with me in the last row and ma family members.I am having Castle Grey colour in my preference but they have not seen or sold the colour it seems and my next choice is Night shade black.Any idea which one will be good.Mr Imran from Conc.Velachery was in touch with me and told there wont be any discounts,am goin for 4by4 prestige.Another doubt I have is,the Top end has GPS and Camera in the centre display but does prestige has anything to display in it or its just dummy,i would be fixing separate head unit with Amp and Sub,possible?
Karthickramu,

These are all cosmetic additions though very useful. Why don't you consult after market guys with regard to the navigation, any other accessory. Until you don't change the wiring provided by the company, you are okey with warranty. After market fittings are very cheap. Just one example: Fog lamps for Figo: Company: 2500, after market 800 both with one year warranty[frustration]. Before deciding about the variant just because top variant have certain added stuff, you could easily add these at after market shops

Thread Starter #109
@brandoo I am going for Prestige4by4 variant coz the tech list is more than enough for me and I can fix the camera and other essentials though the top end has much more added advntage am quiet happy with the middle variant.I still dont even need 4by4 but they dont have prestige in 2wd and also its just 40k difference.The after market guys are in plenty and even someone has done for my I10 too but I am concerned handing over this expensive piece

@brandoo I am going for Prestige4by4 variant coz the tech list is more than enough for me and I can fix the camera and other essentials though the top end has much more added advntage am quiet happy with the middle variant.I still dont even need 4by4 but they dont have prestige in 2wd and also its just 40k difference.The after market guys are in plenty and even someone has done for my I10 too but I am concerned handing over this expensive piece
Don't worry about the handing over your expensive buy. Yesterday I saw a Hummer, BMW, Merc and Audi parked at Palika Bhawan, New Delhi, A famous after sale market for auto.

These guys are better than the factory fitters due to sheer numbers. Mid variant is a very good VFM proposition in comparison to high end. 2WD makes more sense since you do not intend to take her for serious off road adventure.
Dealers want to sell the unsold inventory of 4 WD rather than 2 WD, which is relatively newer version.
Caution: Do check to VIN NO for year and month of manufacturing. Dealer might deliver you Aria which might not be August 2011. This is a standard practice for all the dealer, I have 1 st hand experience of Ford, Skoda, Chevy, Hyundai.

Thread Starter #113
@brandoo the dealer told 2wd in prestige will be available only after 3 months after feedback from sales of lower variant 2wd,I enquired at two other dealership,they told they will check it but they never returned with an answer.I posted a query in Tata Aria blog oN AUG 3rd,no reply till date.About the warranty issue you told,you know am Planning to fit a camera display screen in the centre and below a separate head unit which plays cd/mp3 Or go for a single DVD head unit with display for camera like the ones with touch screen,I may select whichever is cheaper coz at any point no DVD's in my car so I dont need a touch screen and all.So to fix all these,the centre display,factory fitted cd/mp3 has to be removed and am not sure abt the wiring plans

@ Karthickramu If you have a very good and professional installer in your hands then go ahead the after-market way. TATA is not much fussy about the warranty but still its a risk your taking god forbid if anything goes wrong with the electrical wiring in your car.

@ Brandoo Sure mid variant or lower variant is more VFM and you can get the accessories fitted after-market for cheaper price but what about the things like Airbags , ABS , TCS , ESP etc? Can you get these after-market?

@brandoo the dealer told 2wd in prestige will be available only after 3 months after feedback from sales of lower variant 2wd,I enquired at two other dealership,they told they will check it but they never returned with an answer.I posted a query in Tata Aria blog oN AUG 3rd,no reply till date.About the warranty issue you told,you know am Planning to fit a camera display screen in the centre and below a separate head unit which plays cd/mp3 Or go for a single DVD head unit with display for camera like the ones with touch screen,I may select whichever is cheaper coz at any point no DVD's in my car so I dont need a touch screen and all.So to fix all these,the centre display,factory fitted cd/mp3 has to be removed and am not sure abt the wiring plans
you already investing so much then why not invest little bit and have peace of mind

Thread Starter #116
Its not about investing guys,I have my kicker amp and sub in my I10 and Once I jump to a new vehicle i want to transfer this and not let it go waste

otherwise i will give to TATA itself and ask them to fix it

@cool yea even am concerned abt the wirings to electronics like ABS etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #119
Hii Guys,have finally landed with 1 fine decision.Have booked Aria castle grey on Prestige 4by4.I have been told delivery would be around 22-24th of October

Thread Starter #120
Thanks a lot for everyone in helping me decide,I thought i could wait for Merlin but from Oct 2010-Oct 2011 I been waiting so that was too much for me and even if its launched I dont have patience to grab a new car after a waiting period of 2 months or so,I checked on XUV but did not TD but I was still happy with Aria,the looks-no match and moreover a new launched product am not ready to try,so the final winner is Aria, I had heard both positive n neg comments from owners but if this continue am gona become a analyst for lifetime so i trust positive side and had to proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom