Need Help with Suggestions for Buying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #61
@master Hey come on anybody can share an advice but who gives it being patient an responsible is definitely an expert not necessary one should work with ferrari to be an expert
Guys! I feel its better i I settle with Aria rather fortuner.I dnt go for Pride top end coz the difference between Prestige and Pride will be side air bags,ESP,reverse camera(i can fix one),navigation(i dont need it),Cruise control(I dont need it).I dont mind spending 24 on Fortuner but being Tata i have some reservations as Pride variant will be on-road 19 approx. and prestige is 17 on road chennai.The 2wd drive only Pleasure and pure are available and I would not go for these variant as its almost basic and basic plus.
Anyway thanks Guys! yea within a short time this thread had grown enough and thats coz your responsible membership here.Great! will update any developments
Aria-- Dot Dot-finaly-- When it becomes single dot--will update

you are putting so many DOT :biggrin: . Don't forget to create your ownership thread if you go ahead with your plan looking forward to see what surprise we get .

also you forgot Traction Control :P

Well i think you also forgot Leather upholstery. Pride comes close to 18.4Lakhs OTR Chennai if you take Insurance outside. I also advice you to take insurance outside , you can save around Rs.15k.

Anyways if you think you don't want Pride then don't go for it. Glad that you are settling for Aria finally. Remember TATA'S engine and other crucial mechanicals are as good and as reliable as a Toyota or Honda , i can say this because we have owned a TATA car for around 15 years now.Only thing is you will be facing some minor small niggles with all TATA cars and their A.S.S will not be as professional as you expect them to be.

I see you are also from Chennai , PM me if you need any help in case you are planning to book the car at Concorde Velachery. I can help you out as i have good contacts there.

Thread Starter #65
@cool dhaya thats great you know.Yea planning to buy from Conc. Vcherry. Mr Imran has been in touch for quiet a long time since I took TD and I had good customer response from him.I told a month back that I shall wait for 2wd but unfortunately after the launch he told prestige in 2wd is not available atleast for next 3 months and so I had to set in with 4by4.The pride variant is best but I was having the better variant Prestige in mind coz the additional add on-s i can compramise and save a Lkh.One thing am happy with Aria is that it owns safari engine which has been in market for quiet a long time but another thing I worry is I could see older safari's roaring like an old Lion so will the same happen to Aria.TATA is the top home grown brand i dont understand why even over the years they dont get refined in terms of service and performance.

Thread Starter #66
@cooldhaya I td safari in november 2010,i fell in love with the car immdt,what driving position,what comfort in the back seats just as in a couch at home but i decided i shall wait for merlin,God!its still not out and will be out only by Nov and even if I book I would get the delivery in 2012 not ready to wait so long n long

I am surprised you are telling this after driving the Aria! Drive a Safari and Aria back to back , you can clearly notice the difference in refinement levels. Aria is far better refined compared to Safari , yes still there is scope for improvement though. And Fortuner is also not very refined either , you can feel the vibrations and noise inside too. But yes even though comfort levels are same in Aria and Safari you will miss that commanding seating position in Aria which the Safari offers.

Just PM me in case you need any help from Concorde Velachery.

Thread Starter #68
@cool Nope I mean ofcourse Aria is much refined compared to safari but My concern in over a period of time shouldnt be sounding like a old safari thats what I told and dont know hows fortuner after years.Sure i will PM you!

Thread Starter #69
@cool sure I will PM you at time of purchase
I mean-it was obvious abt the refinement of Aria compared to Safari but my concern is over a period of time/years it shouldnt be behaving like an old safari and dont know hows fortuner under same circumstances

Thread Starter #70
.With Aria and Fortuner am aware they both fall under different category but my use is still gona be the same City plus occasional highway and never off-road.So in terms of occupant-both accomodates 3+3+2 and both has 4wd.Now forget its segment or logical utility whether its an MUV OR SUV there are basic parameters which lies common and thats what am asking you guys to point out and get me out of the mess.Now these are my questions between aria and fortuner
1.which one gives enough spacious feel for all three rows and boot space
2.which one gives settled ride and not like travelling on a slow pony-so good suspension
3.which one doesnt transmit road vibrations inside the cabin,i dont like any one seating behind and keep moruning-this car making us x,y,z and so on.It should feel like float
4.which one is the safest i mean feature rich with air bags,braking etc
5.which one will accomodate three occupants in middle row comfortably and not stick on like bubble gums
6.which one is maintenance friendly like not biting my pocket,ease of parts availability,interior and exterior servicing easy and inexpensive
7.finaly my stereo type statement,out of these two which one will last over a decade in terms of good service and build/engine performance ofcourse not in showroom condition but definitely not behave like a garbage truck,I want a AMBI like trustworthiness and ease of maintenance out of these so which one.
So these parameters though they come under different segments both the cars will have to answer so lets answer them for each of the cars and lets see where they fail and finaly decide.chooooooooooo easy!
No more additions please between Aria Prestige 4wd and Fortuner--dot
Guys!!!!!I had received input for these queries from Master and I will be happy if other members involved in this thread too spend few mts on answering

1.which one gives enough spacious feel for all three rows and boot space- I feel both cars offer the same amount of space.
2.which one gives settled ride and not like travelling on a slow pony-so good suspension- I have not driven the Fortuner extensively but Aria is good enough.
3.which one doesnt transmit road vibrations inside the cabin,i dont like any one seating behind and keep moruning-this car making us x,y,z and so on.It should feel like float- Both the cars don't have the best refinements but i would say Aria is slightly better.
4.which one is the safest i mean feature rich with air bags,braking etc-Definitely Aria
5.which one will accomodate three occupants in middle row comfortably and not stick on like bubble gums- I found Aria's shoulder room to be better and my friends never complained like that till now.
6.which one is maintenance friendly like not biting my pocket,ease of parts availability,interior and exterior servicing easy and inexpensive- Fortuner is definitely friendly when it comes to maintenance but spares must be costlier being a Toyota compared to TATA.
7.finaly my stereo type statement,out of these two which one will last over a decade in terms of good service and build/engine performance ofcourse not in showroom condition but definitely not behave like a garbage truck,I want a AMBI like trustworthiness and ease of maintenance out of these so which one- Fortuner will give that peace of mind , absolutely nothing will go wrong with the car. But TATA is not worst either , their engines are equally good and last really long! We had a TATA Sierra for 10 years and the engine never gave us any problem , it certainly never behaved like a garbage truck. I expect Aria to be even better.

Hii All,
\
2-Endeavor- like the 4*2 but doesn have air bags and is it really bumpy?as i ready it everywhere
3-fortuner-Afraid of its truck tall behaviour,not much feautures?hows handling?
4-Tata Aria-I like everything my only concern is can,will it last without any hassle?
5-Santa fe--In my list but dont know much about it
6-safari-the new version i been waiting for one year,it will be too late to wait until 2012
7--wat else???????
Fortuner: Ride is pretty harsh and noise intrudes at high speed. Absolutely no features when compared to Aria or Santa Fe but car is tough and have "THE ROAD PRESENCE".

Aria: Is a good vehicle loaded with features.
Santa Fe: I loved the car's interiors, very compact yet contemporary looks.
If you look at price: Santa Fe and Fortuner are very high priced when compared to endy or aria.

Tata is owner of world's one of the best brand Jaguar and LR and have used technology at hand in Aria as well. So be assured about the durability of vehicle

Thread Starter #74
@brandoo that was wonderful input really,Yea i have narrowed down to aria and fortuner and finally settled with aria and just looking for supportive discussions on my decision so i wouldnt go wrong before i do wrong

Thread Starter #75
@cool.Hey mate you own an Aria right,I have a doubt to ask,how abt the ORVM how it is attached to the body?the small extension between the mirror and the body is it metal or plastic.In the event of side brush other cars would tend to give off the unit from the attachment near the pillar but in the case of aria its attached to the body so is it gona damage the body or the holding piece is strong enough to stay in the body and just leave off the mirror unit at that circumstance,,too much thinking right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom