Need Help to Select Diesel Hatch

Thread Starter #33
Guys the new punto 2012 is out!
cost is 5.48L(active).
Is it still worth buying with increased price(almost 32K)
or should i go for figo?

Both Figo and Punto diesel is good. Figo has better bottom end response, Punto has better top end response. Punto has marginally better high speed stability & steering feedback, not much of a difference though.

Figo is not as feature rich as the Punto, but it also costs a lot less than Punto. Ford has better resale value than FIAT. Fiat's A.S.S. is not very good since they are tied up with TATA but at the same time, Ford is nothing great either.

Hmm.. tough choice. It depends on your usage and brand image. You should go for Fiat if you love it. Ford Figo checks all other departments except for tank-like-built, great steering and beauty of a design. Figo has better drive-ability in city but may lack a breath or two on highways!

So if you are going to use this more in city and only for a couple of paxs my suggestion is Figo.

raj: what does this mean?

Thetraveller: yea definately i am a fan as far as looks and feel of fiat!!

It basically means car will have a better response and feel when being driven in low RPMs~Speeds, whereas Punto's grace comes to fore when driven post 100Kmph! It is a different beast altogether on highways.

Re: Need Help to Select a Hatch

Hello All,

I am a new user to Automotive India. Need help in buying a car.

My budget is 4Lacs and i am a new car user still do not know driving will learn when i get mine :)

Total run on higher side will be 25-30 KM per day 800-900 km per month.

Need Advice on following points

1. Which car i shall go for with my limited budget

2.Petrol/Diesel variant.

3. Shall i consider used car.. not really interested unless see a good benefit :)

Thanks in advance for guidance.

If you are a good driver and confident you will learn and drive well go for a new car. Else used car option is always better for beginners , you will be heartbroken if you see any scratch or dent on a new car!

There are no options in your budget for new diesel cars. You can have a look at the likes i10 , Wagon R etc

If you decide to go the used car way , you have plenty of options ranging from hatches to SUV'S! My pick look for Fiesta/ Verna if you want a diesel sedan , if you are okay with Petrol best bet City. If you want hatches just pick the Swift diesel!

Thread Starter #40
Guys... The choice has been made!!!! [:D][:D]
I am going for FIAT PUNTO 2012(Active)

The new model has got... Previous + :
1: GC 185.
2: central locking.
3: Music system with 4 speakers.
4: Better Milage.
5: Reduced turning radius(5m)
6: 5:48L cost (32K more than previous one).

I must say it is a fair deal with the added features!
will book the car in first month of February [:D] (can't weight though)

can somebody help/guide me with:
1. The ongoing discounts or offers with the new car??
2. The tyre size is 165/80 R14. Is it ok or i need to change them??
3. Any other recommendations from you Experts are also welcome!!

Keep posting,

Thanks
Cherry!

Congratulations buddy.

Yes, do change the tyres to 195 section or atleast 185.

Also, since you are anyways going in for new tyres, you can go for 15" or 16" alloys as well. Remember to buy 98 PCD alloys for the Punto, they are difficult to source.

Agree with Raj - change the tyres. 165/80 R14 don't justify the big bulky car like Punto. Go for atleast 185/70 R14 or 195/60 R15. You can also look for good alloys after market as it will definitely enhance the already awesome looks [:)]

Get sunfilming done too. That's a must!

Thanks cooldhaya for your Advice.....i think as rightly mentioned by you i shall go for a used car as it is always a better option for beginners.... i shall also look for a diesel version....let me just do a research on used cars....not sure how long it takes to get a good deal.......

Thanks cooldhaya for your Advice.....i think as rightly mentioned by you i shall go for a used car as it is always a better option for beginners.... i shall also look for a diesel version....let me just do a research on used cars....not sure how long it takes to get a good deal.......
If you are a beginner then its always recommended to buy vehicle with lesser maintenance costs so the car which comes in this category is Indica,hunt for a good car its enough,also limit your budget to 2-2.5 lakhs because you maybe spending a lot maintenance and keep in mind that diesel powered used cars are not that easy to maintain.

Thread Starter #45
Agree with Raj - change the tyres. 165/80 R14 don't justify the big bulky car like Punto. Go for atleast 185/70 R14 or 195/60 R15. You can also look for good alloys after market as it will definitely enhance the already awesome looks [:)]

Get sunfilming done too. That's a must!
Thanks raj and thetraveller.

will keep you all updated :)

cherry!

Top Bottom