Need Help Finalizing on the Ford Figo

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I started looking for a car around a month back. My main criteria was space and VFM. I zeroed in on Figo after reading a lot of reviews on TAI.

Since my running is around 500 Km per month I decided to go for the petrol ZXI variant. I booked my car with Astro Ford in October First Week. At the time of booking I was told that i would be getting a car of September or October make.

Yesterday I decided to pay the final amount and asked if I can see my car, they told me that I can not see the car as it is in the stockyard. When I asked them what is the month of manufacture they told it is July.

Now my dilemma is that should I buy the car which was of July make, when I was promised a car of september or october.

If the prices changed from this period, and the rear Wiper etc has been removed after July should I not be paying a bit less?

Moderators this is my first post, so if it is not the right section or the content is not as per TAI guidlines please guide me to the appropriate section and format.

350Z

Core Team
First of all, You are welcome to The Automotive India.

Ford Figo is a fast selling vehicle so I suspect why the dealership has still kept a few months old piece. I will suggest that you should insist to receive the latest model possible, but if you are interested in the earlier version, please make sure to thoroughly inspect it. Our comprehensive PDI Guide will be useful: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html. Please let us know if you need further help.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the inputs 350Z, ford_fan. I was eagerly waiting for some replies.

First of all its a petrol variant, I don't know if its as hot selling as the diesel.

Secondly it has all the features present before ford cut them down, rear wiper etc.
The salesperson is saying that some of the stock was remaining, if I want I can cancel the delivery or wait for new stock that would take around a month or so.

I am planning to go to inspect the car today, and if I find it satisfactory I will do an exhaustive PDI tomorrow.

Please let me know if there are any important specifics , that would make it clear if the car is troubled or used for TD.

Thread Starter #5
The car VIN is MAJ1XXMRJ1BE33370, however the salesperson did show me the invoice and the date of delivery to him was mentioned as 30.06.2011.

The ford VIN decoder says it is a April 2011 manufactured car.

The car condition seemed quite new and the ODO read 12 kms, the dealer insisted that its from the remaining stock and I can get the features that came before, or I can opt to wait for fresh stock to arrive.

I do not want to wait another month, however I would like to know what are the cons of buying an old car.

350Z

Core Team
New car with old manufacturing date is always questionable. It could affect the resale value of the vehicle and most importantly the peace of mind. I do not mean that old cars lying in stock are always bad but a little precaution can pay off later on. Mostly the chances are that it was used either as a demo car or test drive vehicle, but again, sometimes genuine reasons are also involved. You should thoroughly inspect this particular car from every possible aspect before finalizing. Some of the simple methods to check whether the car has been used earlier or not is to inspect the odometer, slightly worn our tyres, pedal, gear knob and other frequently used parts. Also additionally check for even little signs of damage or repairs anywhere on the car. If you find everything satisfactory, then insist the dealer to offer cash discounts because April 2011 is too much of time. On the hand, I would also like you to read this thread where one of the TAI members successfully bought a New Ritz 2010 Make: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lp-buying-new-ritz-vxi-2010-model-dealer.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome aboard MoodyBaba! I would also suggest the same thing as 350Z has mentioned. Get a thorough check up done on the car. If you are alone doing this transaction, take a trusted friend or relative or someone from TAI alongwith you. 2 pair of eyes are always better. Also, look out for subtle things like wear and tear on tyres, pedals, engine bay etc. In case you are not satisfied and have an iota of a doubt anywhere I would say back out from the deal and ask for a new stock car. Although you might get less equipment due to change in pricing but you will have the piece of mind which is very important if something goes wrong with the car.
Do post what happens [:)] and best of luck.

Thread Starter #8
I did a partial PDI and the CAR seemed quite fresh, no scratches, all plastic covers in place, engine looked clean, tyres looked clean etc. There was some rust on the wheel nuts however, that was present on a later make diesel variant standing near to that car too.

The Dealer has given me some options
- either to wait for a new car,
- take another car which is of July make(supposed to be given to another customer),
- take the car of April make
- choose another car color(besides the white one i had chosen)

He is not going to give me a discount for sure, also so far he has not forced me take that particular vehicle anyway.

I just want to buy the car before diwali, the July one is old too however the April one has more features, and I am a bit confused :) as greed is seeping in.

Is the VIN number engraved on the car itself, besides the sticker.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Finally went to the dealer and did a 1 hr PDI, most of it was visual inspection, and functioning of music system, e orvms, bluetooth etc.
Found the vehicle satisfactory.

Have deposited the complete amount as this was asked by dealer so that car can proceed for registration.

He made me sign the registration form, but I made sure he has taken the imprint of the chassis number before signing.

The dealer is telling me that I can pick up the car on Friday, as it will take atleast two days and he does not want to rush things and do a crappy job of fitments.

He has given me some freebies along with the car
- Mud Flaps, floor mats
- fog lamp
- door scuff plates
- vinyl seat covers
- car cover
- side door mouldings
- gear lock
- side visors

Eagerly waiting for the D Day now.

Need some help from TAI members on whether I should get the following from dealer or there are better/cheaper option available outside
- ecodrive sunfilm from the dealer? cost for all glasses - 4500
- alloys from dealer - 14600
- teflon (3 coats), under body anti rust coating - 5500
- reverse parking sensors with distance display - 4000

Last edited:
Congratulations MoodyBaba if you found everything to be satisfactory then go ahead with the April model but also bear in mind that what you get now you will lose while selling the car in re-sale value.

And coming to the accessories from the dealer apart from the reverse parking sensors everything else is looking costly. If you like the OEM alloys and if you are getting 4 sets for that price then that's reasonable again. But sunfilm and anti-rust coating you can get it done from outside at cheaper rate. Also you don't need teflon coat for a brand new car.

Need some help from TAI members on whether I should get the following from dealer or there are better/cheaper option available outside- I will suggest you to do it outside-
- ecodrive sunfilm from the dealer? cost for all glasses - 4500-
Not sure about this brand, Is the front windshield is in the list of all glasses? if not then 4500 is on higher side looking at Unknown brand. Check the other brand films. Good quality films do help in cutting the heat , protects you from UV rays, instead Compromising the visibility. Known Brands- 3m, V kool, Garware, Llumar, Global- I have installed Global , for all glasses at RS 5500 including front windshield on my Vista and heat rejection is quite good.
- alloys from dealer - 14600- you wont have any choice with the dealer, you will get lot of options and at good cost from Outside.
- teflon (3 coats), under body anti rust coating - 5500-
IMO new cars don't require any kind of Teflon coating, it is just a myth and cash in on your emotions, though Under body coat is a must, if you are staying in Humid area. 3m under body coat with 2 yr warranty is @1900 Rs and with 5 yr warranty is 3700 Rs.
- reverse parking sensors with distance display - 4000
It should not be more than 3000-3200, that too with mini LCD display, and four body colored sensors(All are China made), I did it for 3200.
First of all congratulations and all the best for the D'Day. Regarding your queries-See My Comments above in Bold.[thumbsup]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
@ cooldhaya - thanks for the inputs, I plan to keep the car for atleast 4-5 years, so a three month Manufacturing date difference should not make much difference.

Yes the film cost was for all glasses and alloy cost for a set of 4.

@ drivetech - thanks for the info, I will surely get the car accessorized and coating done from outside.

Congrats on your car and welcome to TAI. Undebody coating is not required. All cars except Maruti come with it from the factory. Since most people had owned Maruti's before they thought it was a must for all cars and used to ask the dealers. Now the dealers saw a chance to make money and are giving you this coating. You car has a corrosion warranty so don't worry.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations! Though I do not want to be a spoilsport here but I would still recommend insisting for further (cash) discounts if the dealer is not giving them already (even though it maybe slightly late now). Do not simply fall in for the accessories. Dealer is benefiting ultimately by getting rid off an old model lying in their stock yard, which if not sold, they’ll have to offer discounts anyways but in this case it's a win-win situation for them. I understand that it’s joyful experience to purchase a new car but sometimes we tend to overlook a few things. Personally, if I was in this situation and dealer didn’t agree to offer considerable bonus, I’d have either preferred for a different colour (i.e. new model) or waited for another new piece of my desired colour. Please do not hurry, unless you’re really in. Just a word of caution.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15
350Z thanks for the input, the dealer has not forced me in any way to take that particular vehicle. The accessories would be given on new vehicle if I choose to wait too. However the new stock is coming in november and I was in a kind of hurry.

I feel that the dealer is overcharging me for the Registration and Road Tax, is there any way to know what would be the actual cost @ gurgaon?

Top Bottom