Need Help Deciding My Third Car - Mitsubishi Lancer

I presume you want a driver's car since you have shortlisted a lancer. but mind it my friend, the diesel heart of lancer is no fun at all. It is sluggish to say the least. After driving Getz CRDI you'll feel like crawling in a diesel lancer. Petrol version would be a better choice.I have owned a petrol lancer for 3 years and believe me every drive was awesome to say the least. The feedback from the steering wheel is spot on. Octavia would be a better choice but finding a clean example would be hard. If you are open to other options then I would like to suggest elantra CRDI + petes box, a killer of a combo.

ilango[speed thirst];92478 said:
elantra and accent do share same part. accent is elantra engine with one bore missing.
valves, bore stroke / engine spares are same.

what you get is comfortness and safety .
yep spare for elantra is high for some parts that is not shared with accent crdi.
If you are open to other options then I would like to suggest elantra CRDI + petes box, a killer of a combo.
That's what I suggested, an Elantra. You can get them real cheap. My neighbour bought one for 2.5 Lakhs. But be careful. Hyundai Diesels require a complete overhaul at 90K kms and this is damn expensive

I presume you want a driver's car since you have shortlisted a lancer. but mind it my friend, the diesel heart of lancer is no fun at all. It is sluggish to say the least. After driving Getz CRDI you'll feel like crawling in a diesel lancer.Petrol version would be a better choice.I have owned a petrol lancer for 3 years and believe me every drive was awesome to say the least. The feedback from the steering wheel is spot on. Octavia would be a better choice but finding a clean example would be hard.
There are plenty of good Octavia's in the market if you look around. I would suggest you stay away from the Lancer unless you want to do large scale mods.

That's what I suggested, an Elantra. You can get them real cheap. My neighbour bought one for 2.5 Lakhs. But be careful. Hyundai Diesels require a complete overhaul at 90K kms and this is damn expensive

There are plenty of good Octavia's in the market if you look around. I would suggest you stay away from the Lancer unless you want to do large scale mods.
Pre gen hyundai engines like accent crdi and elantra crdi may require some medicines after 1L kms.
new gen like verna and getz have different design and i feel they are better.

Though small signs of overhaul occurs in accent crdi at 1L kms , you can drive them for abt 1.5 to 1.7L kms with proper oil changes and etc.

Thats nice to know and btw bro you are in Pondicherry right and forgive my ignorance, is it near Mahe which is next to Thalassery in kerala ? Cos we own a house in Mahe which I have never seen :)

I have plans to go to Mahe in the next 2 weeks so if its close-by I can meet you.

You hit the home run yes its TIME thats important and I am very patient.

Yep the Getz is an amazing car and its my daily ride for the past 2 years. Now with the lancer in the Stable, I would be using it 50-50 so that way my costs are not exponentially high.

Mahe is a part of pondicherry and mahe is in Kerala. While Pondicherry is bay of Bengal side , surrounded by tn!

Buddy are you sure you want a new car first up? If yes then , Lancer looks like an under-performer from other's views , so rule it out.

Octavia is a great driver's car but depends on your Skoda dealership.

Much cheaper option is Verna CRDI but driving this will be same like your Getz , you wont get that different car feel!

Thread Starter #20

zengetz

Suspended
Sorry guys was not keeping well and also been a hectic week at work so was very sporadically checking out the messages.

I have decided to no go for the Lancer forward and Im thinking to go for a better one with a slightly higher budget by Diwali.

If I can pickup a good sparingly used Laura TDI for a steal I would be looking. :stupid:

Im seriously also considering all your suggestions and may finally give in for the Octi

You can find a fairly maintained previous generation Laura for around Rs.6-7Lakhs. Skoda's don't enjoy good re-sale value , try to make use of it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom