Need Help - Buying New Ritz VXi (2010 Model) from Dealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I've planned to buy a first car in my life. After lot of research, calculations and with the help of TAI expert's advice decided to buy a petrol car. Since its the petrol car i don't want to stretch my budget more than 4.5L and hence I booked Maruti A-Star ZXI.

Then another dealer in chennai told me that he can give me maximum offers and asked to book car in his showroom and hence I went there last wednesday. After discussion he said that they got a 2010 vehicle, its Maruti Ritz VXI ABS. Initially I was very hesitant since its the 2010 vehicle but they offered cash discount of around 45k/- which sounded good for me. They also offered me some goodies.

On road price of vehicle 4.99L, color FIRE BRICK RED which includes the below,

• Music system - Kenwood DPX-U5120 with 6" sony speakers(4 nos)
  • Remote lock
  • Sunfilm
  • MGA body cover
  • Teflon coating
I've booked the vehicle for Rs 15k/-. Let me know what all I've to look while getting delivery. Since the vehicle is manufactured in the year 2010 is there anything I need to be careful about. This is my first vehicle and I want the experience to be pleasent. Friends I need ur valuable suggestions in this.

Thanks
Ramesh

Re: Need help in buying Maruti Ritz VXI ABS

In my honest opinion, since you are buying your first car, dont buy a car which is manufactured more than a year ago. As there is already huge waiting list for Ritz, it is hard to digest the vehicle is is still lying with the dealer. I am strongly doubting this. Either the vehicle is used as demo or Test drive vehicle or there must be some glitches with vehicle. please dont go for it.Dont fall for offers. Remember whenver you buy a new car it must be brand new. Be patient dont get blown by the offers, its better to spend some bucks extra than falling for something fishy.

Thread Starter #3

In my honest opinion, since you are buying your first car, dont buy a car which is manufactured more than a year ago. As there is already huge waiting list for Ritz, it is hard to digest the vehicle is is still lying with the dealer. I am strongly doubting this. Either the vehicle is used as demo or Test drive vehicle or there must be some glitches with vehicle. please dont go for it.Dont fall for offers. Remember whenver you buy a new car it must be brand new. Be patient dont get blown by the offers, its better to spend some bucks extra than falling for something fishy.

Yea your point is exactly true and that is the reason I was really hesitant. But they said that the vehicle was booked initially by a customer and he kept pushing the time for vehicle delivery and its been almost 6 months then he just ignored and went abroad.

Also I didn't see any waiting period in chennai as far as Ritz is concerned. There is a month waiting period for VDI ABS. Is that possible to push the delivery time for 6 months? Any suggestions?

Yea your point is exactly true and that is the reason I was really hesitant. But they said that the vehicle was booked initially by a customer and he kept pushing the time for vehicle delivery and its been almost 6 months then he just ignored and went abroad.

Also I didn't see any waiting period in chennai as far as Ritz is concerned. There is a month waiting period for VDI ABS. Is that possible to push the delivery time for 6 months? Any suggestions?
I still doubt the dealer, No dealer can wait for six months.Ask him for the evidences of booking the booking amount receipt, Invoices , communication with Maruti for the said booking, and also check the chsais number of the vehicle and the documnets of the booking is same. I will still stick to my opinion dont go for the car which is with delaer for so long. Unless you are very sure that whetver is his explenation is genuine and you are convinced with it. Since you are alreday in dilemma it will be difficult for you to come out of it even if you get the good vehicle, always you will think about it.

Thread Starter #5

I still doubt the dealer, No dealer can wait for six months.Ask him for the evidences of booking the booking amount receipt, Invoices , communication with Maruti for the said booking, and also check the chsais number of the vehicle and the documnets of the booking is same. I will still stick to my opinion dont go for the car which is with delaer for so long. Unless you are very sure that whetver is his explenation is genuine and you are convinced with it. Since you are alreday in dilemma it will be difficult for you to come out of it even if you get the good vehicle, always you will think about it.
Thank you for the suggestions dude! Tomorrow I'm going to that dealer and will check all the possible documents. The car is in the display and hence visually it does seem appealing. Lets keep the fingers crossed.

Hmmm i would also advice you to be careful with this car! All that glitters are not gold. After all its going to be your first car why do you want to take such a risk?

And i am not sure if the dealer would have waited for 6 months , that is too long IMO.

Thread Starter #7

Hmmm i would also advice you to be careful with this car! All that glitters are not gold. After all its going to be your first car why do you want to take such a risk?

And i am not sure if the dealer would have waited for 6 months , that is too long IMO.
Hi Dhaya actually I was about to get your comments since you are in chennai as you could have known about most of the dealers. I'm not sure if I can post the name of the dealer here and hence sending you a private message. Waiting for you valuable inputs.

350Z

Core Team

A bit of cautiousness can help making a wiser decision. Your dealer may be saying true or maybe not. Still I suspect that the particular model might be serving as a Demo car because a dealer will not wait that much especially for a car which sells like hot cakes. Please thoroughly inspect the car inside out for any external or mechanical faults. Take a comprehensive test drive until you are fully satisfied. Personally note down the VIN tomorrow and post it here for decoding. At the end, if you believe that the car is genuine enough, push the dealer for more in terms of either cash discounts or useful accessories because buying a car which is almost an year older than the time will not only raise questions during the time of re-sale but also turn down its value as well.

PS: I highly recommend to stay away if you suspect it to be a Test Drive Car.

Hi Dhaya actually I was about to get your comments since you are in chennai as you could have known about most of the dealers. I'm not sure if I can post the name of the dealer here and hence sending you a private message. Waiting for you valuable inputs.
You can very well discuss about it openly here. In fact it will help other members too. Requesting Dhaya to continue the conversation here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

350Z very wise suggestion, valuable point noted "VIN Decoder". Will update the details tomorrow.

Thanks
Ramesh

there is certainly something wrong. could that car be demo car which is mostly parked inside showroom so that. people can see it. but my dealer told me clearly about the car when he offered me that car while I was looking for i10 but in your case it wasn't.
I also say check all paper which show this car was booked by that person

It is better to be suspecting rather than regretting [:)] Simple thought.
Check for all the details and cross-verify about the history of the car. In case the explanations are true, check with other dealers too, what kind of offer they are providing. If you find the car in perfect condition, you can go ahead for it, considering you have spent enough time verifying.

there is certainly something wrong. could that car be demo car which is mostly parked inside showroom so that. people can see it. but my dealer told me clearly about the car when he offered me that car while I was looking for i10 but in your case it wasn't.
I also say check all paper which show this car was booked by that person
I think paper can be managed by the dealer himself after setting the demo car for sale. Or is there any authentic way to check the same ?

My gut feeling says it is a demo car and they might have removed the speedo cable during the test and now connected it. A through check on the car can be performed to determine or clear one's doubt. But you need to take some experience person along so that he/she can give an unbiased advise. As a new car buyer, I think your eyes are glittering after seeing the discounts and you might not be able to see the issue or probably ready for the compromise.

Stay away from that car is my genuine advise rest take all precaution measures to avoid anything against your will.

All the best [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #13
Hi Friends,

Today I went to dealer(Kapico Motors Chennai) to check the vehicle with vkkalyan, he is an experienced person. Vehicle was delivered to showroom by maruti on Dec-25, 2010. As shailinder said that the paper work can be easily managed and hence we decided to throughly inspect the car. He inspected the vehicle throughly and carefully.

- Checked for scratches.
- Checked the seat condition.
- Got the keys from the dealer and he checked the ODO which showed 79Km.
- Checked the bottom of the car.
- Opened the hood and checked the engine.

Once after checking all this myself and Kalyan left the Showroom.

Kalyan's opinion.
Vehicle is a new vehicle and it is not used for test drive. All four wheels, door rubber, Seat condition was the main reason for it. Initially I also smelled the dashboard and steering to check the synthetic and plastic smell. If the vehicle is used then we couldn't get that smell and the test was positive.

Kalyan also said the vehicle was in garage for long and hence we could see dust in the engine and in the bottom. But its good to get some more discount on it. Hence we got more 5K discount from the dealer after a long discussion. While returning we also saw Dhaya's TATA Aria driven by his father I guess.

So now the vehicle is 4.94L with all the mentioned goodies definitely its a fair deal and hence I've decided to go for it. Attached the picture below.

Attachments

Ramesh, if you ask me personally, deal looks good to me. As I am guessing that you will keep this car for atleast 4-5 years, you can go ahead and get this one. Taking some one along with you was a good decision. Sometimes we miss what others can see.

But wait for other comments too.

well if you are buying your first vehicle its always advisable to go for current lot of vehicles, but then when u have checked the vehicle inside out, also check below the car to see if there's any rust formed in some important parts of the vehicle and get it rectified.You can also ask for some more accessories if not for more CD then.Looks good to me with the picture you have shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom