Need an Auto - i10 or A-Star

Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
My friend's dad is looking for an automatic car and was planning to go for A-Star and booked one, but now the MSIL people called back saying that the launch will be delayed for quite sometime. They assured delivery in 25 days at time of booking and even said our car is already being manufactured.

Now, the confusion is should we go for i10 Auto or wait for the A-Star to launch. Heard i10 is returning real bad mileages and that is what pulled us off from i10. Need expert opinions about that.

He already got a carb Zen and multitasking is impossible for him. No more gear shifts. That's the issue and we really don't want him spending almost 5L for a 3.5L car for just being an Auto.

He should get an i10 if he doesn mind spending more for it. IMO i10 overall is much better than A-Star in all aspects(even looks) but A-Star can be good VFM.

And hey one of our member here owns an i10 Auto and told that he gets a FE of 11-12kmpl in City and around 18-19kmpl in highway , there exists a thread also for his ride here , do check it out.

I have driven a i 10 auto ,
one of my friend has them as 2nd car
Its like a normal auto , i mean in basic segment .

For smooth driving the i 10 auto/ a star will be fine enough.

I 10 gives a milege of 15 overall in smooth throttle.

350Z

Core Team
Deville, I own an auto i10. Its a good car if you are planning to buy. However by launching the new i10, they have kept the automatic only in sports and asta version and increased the price. If price is not a constraint, then i10 auto makes sense.

Thread Starter #8

deville_56

Honoured Member
Finally, the brand new i10 Kappa2 Auto starts rolling today. I never knew it was even booked, was too busy [:D]. Some blue shade, no info of the trim. I'll be seeing the car/getting hands on it only by Sunday.

350Z

Core Team
Wow, the i10s are raining yet again in TAI! Congratulations to your friend for the new i10, deville_56.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14

deville_56

Honoured Member
Drove it today. Wished it had a manual box. Engine is torquer, but the transmission ruins the ride. compared to manual.

Too boring to drive an auto. Sluggish thing, but on power mode (no such mode [:)]) it picks up speed quickly, but unpredictable.

Fit and finish is good, better than our Estilo, but the price tag is still not digestable, but better than paying 4.5+L for the 3L A-Star.

Economy tested so far. R2R approx. 8.7 kmpl in city with AC and 6 ppl. 12-13 mixed with AC and 2-3 guys.

Factory audio setup is good for such a basic setup with good bass and USB, aux, and ipod connectivity.

There won't be ownership report as my friend will be visiting Trivandrum only once or twice a year and car will be with his dad. He is paying for the car and not much satisfied with the car [clap]. He took his dad's Zen to Coimabtore where he works and he loves that 12-year-old Zen.

Attachments

Top Bottom