Need Affordable Hatch As Replacement of My Maruti 800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Sorry for lack of updates.Actually,we had planned to go for ANHC,but after knowing that Petrol getting increased,we are planning to go for Diesel.

So,I m posting the points and consideration of Diesel Vehicles.

The Diesel Cars which I m considering are:

1.Ritz ZDI-7.44L
2.Polo Comfort Line and High Line Diesel-8.1L for CL and 8.6L for HL,I guess.
3.Figo Titanium-7L
4.Punto Dynamic Diesel,Emotion Diesel and 90HP Sport Diesel-7.45L for Dynamic,8.25L for Emotion and 8.9L for 90HP Sport
5.Swift ZDI-8.1L
6.I20 Sportz and Asta Diesel-8.2L for Sportz and 8.75L for Asta

Some High Points:

1.Asta Diesel version is Rs.55K more than Sportz version.
2.Figo is cheapest all among the Hatches and Ford is offering Rs.28K Discount on Figo,which will make more cheaper than all Hatches.
3.Polo High Line Diesel is now cheaper due to price reduction and giving new features and HL is Rs.50K more than CL.
4.Punto 90HP is Rs.66K more than Emotion 75HP Diesel and Emotion 75HP Diesel is Rs.80K more than Dynamic and Fiat is offering Free Insurance and Free RSA on Punto.
5.Swift ZDI had 6-7 Months waiting due to strike in Manesar Plant.
6.Ritz is second cheapest all among the Hatches and now,Maruti is offering ZDI Variant on Ritz.

The Diesel Hatches,which I m not considering are:

1.Toyota Liva G SP Diesel-Interiors made me not to go for Liva-Ruled out.
2.Renault Pulse RX-Z Diesel-I liked its looks,but Under Powered Engine and Renault wafer thin network makes me not to go for Pulse-Ruled out.
3.Nissan Micra XV Diesel-Girlish looks made me not to go for this Micra-Ruled out.
4.Skoda Fabia Elegance Diesel-Skoda A.S.S and Under Powered Engine made me not go for Fabia-Ruled out.
5.Tata Vista ZX Quadrajet Diesel-Tata useless service and niggles made me not to go for Vista-Ruled out and
6.Chevy Beat LT(O) Diesel-Under Powered Engine made me not to go for Beat-Ruled out.

Value For Money Place for Considered Vehicles:

1.Figo Titanium-First
2.Ritz ZDI-Second
3.Punto Dynamic-Third
4.Polo CL-Fourth
5.Swift ZDI-Fifth
6.I20 Sportz-Sixth
7.Punto Emotion-Seventh
8.Polo HL-Eighth
9.I20 Asta-Ninth
10.Punto 90HP Sport-Tenth

My First Choice of Diesel Vehicle:

1.Punto
2.I20
3.Polo
4.Swift
5.Figo
6.Ritz

This days,instead of using the car to school.I m going in Public Transport daily.
Cancelled Duster a month ago due to 5-6 Months waiting period.
Considered other Petrol vehicles and due to upcoming Rs.5 hike,Diesel is the best option.
If Hatch doesn't work out,we will go for Sedan.

If Hatch doesn't work,it would be Sedan,

The Diesel Sedans,which we are considering are:

1.Vento HL 2012 Diesel-12.2L,I guess due to cut in prices
2.Sunny XV Diesel-10.7L
3.Verna SX 2 A/B or 6 A/B Diesel-11.9L for 2 A/B and 12.7L for 6 A/B
4.Linea Emotion 2012 Diesel-11.07L
5.Rapid Elegance Diesel-11.5L

Some High Points:

1.Sunny is first cheaper than all Sedans.
2.Rapid and Vento share same engine.
3.Vento feels best after new updates.
4.Linea had more GC.It has 185mm.Plus,Fiat is offering Free Insurance and Free RSA on Linea.
5.Verna is most expensive car in this segment.But,it is worth the penny.

The Diesel Sedans which I didn't considered:

1.Fiesta 2012-Due to high price.
2.SX4-No more Maruti now.
3.Scala-Too pricey and Sunny is better than Scala.

1.Nissan Sunny XV-First
2.Fiat Linea Emotion-Second
3.Skoda Rapid Elegance-Third
4.VW Vento HL-Fourth
5.Verna SX 2 A/B-Fifth
6.Verna SX 6 A/B-Sixth

My First Choice of Diesel Sedans:

1.Verna
2.Vento
3.Rapid
4.Linea
5.Sunny

If Hatch doesn't suit our requirements,Sedan will be the only choice.
Our Monthly Running is 2000 Km/Month.
This would be the replacement for Maruti 800.
If we buy a Sedan,It will be used by my father.
If we buy a Hatch,It will be used by my mother.
If we buy a Hatch,it would replace our ageing 800 and it's running would be about 1500 Km/Month.
If we buy a Sedan,it would replace our ageing 800 instead of Swift.Swift will do daily duties for me to drop at school.So,Sedan running would be 2000 Km/Month and Swift running would be 1500 Km/Month.

We are thinking to have a Hatch+Sedan Combo or Hatch+Hatch Combo.

Which Combo is best?

But,Honda City bug bits me again.

What I should do now?

Honda City S MT or Ford Fiesta Classic Titanium 1.6 Petrol 2012.

Which is best?

Already,we had searched some Used All New Honda Cities and Used Civics.

I had found one Honda City S MT 2011,which had 7800 Km.Color is Silver.Price-Don't know.
Dealer is Green Honda Auto Terrace Dealer.

My long conversation between me and Honda Dealers for Used Cities and Civics,

On September 3rd 2012, When I m coming to home, I had called the Sundaram Motors(Honda Dealer) for Used ANHC's and Civic, he told that he had one City 2009 S MT version. It had done just 25K Km in just 3 years.Color is Polished Metallic.Asking price is 6L.

Is it good or bad?

And, same day called another dealer, Pride Honda Auto Terrace for used Civic and City.He told that one Civic is there, but the car is sold out.The car is Automatic Version in white color had done just 25K Km in 4 years.Year is 2008.And he told that, there is one ANHC V MT lying in their showroom.It had done just 12K Km in 1 year.Version is V MT.Color is White.Asking price-8L.

And, same day called another Honda Dealer, Green Honda for used Civic's and City's.Then, the sales head called me and asked me "Hello Sir".What do you want?I said that, I want Auto Terrace.Then he told that, "I m sales head Naresh".Then I asked for Honda City Discounts and he told that, "we could give 35K to 40K discount".I said OK and asked about Jazz waiting period.He told that "We have one Urban Titanium Base version,we have White color Select version and we have Black color X version".So, he told that we have allocations every month and he told that, "We are getting an X version in Urban Titanium by this month end", he said.

So, this is the long conversation between me and Honda dealers.

Last edited:
Do think carefully whether you want a petrol or a diesel.
A brio S(o) with all the features you need costs 5.3 laks OTR. While even a ritz ZDi costs 7.4 lakhs. Thats a difference of almost 2 lakhs and may take a long time to break even if you dont run a lot. Even maintenance costs will be slightly higher. Even I am in your same condition. Replacing our 17 year old M800. And the brio S(O) is on the top of our list.

Hondas are typically very fuel efficient too. Brio returns around 20kmpl in highways. Even the city returns 16kmpl in city.

Thread Starter #19
Petrol Sedans till 9L.

Now,Competition between Classic Titanium 2012,City S MT 2012 and Cedia Sports.

The Petrol Sedans,which I m considering are:

1.Cedia Sports 2012
2.Classic Titanium 2012 and
3.City S MT 2012.

Some High Points:

1.Cedia is more VFM and best driver's Car.But,A.S.S is the problem.
2.Classic is still best in driver Car's segment.
3.City is always a good vehicle.It's engine blows me up and space and comfort makes me impressive.

The Petrol Sedans,which I m not considering are:

Nothing.

1.Classic-First
2.Cedia-First
3.City-Third

My First Choice of Petrol Sedans:

1.Cedia
2.Classic
3.City

If I could have find one Linea T-Jet+ from Fiat factory,I would have considered it.But,they doesn't have stock and Fiat ASS is improving these days.I hope that I could get one.

Hence,I m searching for Cedia,Classic or City only.

And,Petrol Sedan will not be used much.It will be opened on Sundays only.

Last edited:
Re: Petrol Sedans till 9L.

1.Cedia Sports 2012
3.City S MT 2012.

Some High Points:

3.City is always a good vehicle.It's engine blows me up and space and comfort makes me impressive.

Nothing.

1.Classic-First
2.Cedia-First
3.City-Third

1.Cedia
2.Classic
3.City

If I could have find one Linea T-Jet+ from Fiat factory,I would have considered it.But,they doesn't have stock and Fiat ASS is improving these days.I hope that I could get one.

Buy a Honda city and don't even risk buying a cedia . Classic was great when it had a 1.6 engine . The 1.4 is nowhere close to the city's ivtech.

Re: Petrol Sedans till 9L.

1.Cedia Sports 2012
3.City S MT 2012.

Some High Points:

Nothing.

1.Classic-First
2.Cedia-First
3.City-Third

1.Cedia
2.Classic
3.City

Cedia is a great car and a hoot to drive. But resale value is slow and pathetic. ASS is also a great unknown. I agree that is well build and there is very little chance of something going wrong, but if it does - expect the car to spend months in the workshop waiting for parts. Only go for this if you are a Mitsu/Cedia fan and resale is not a criteria.

Honda City makes more sense here. I have a Jazz and during servicing I have met many owners and operators who own City which have done over 1 Lakh kms and the only cost that they have on their bill is for mobil, fuel filter etc.

Classic should be the second choice as now a days Ford ASS has improved a lot. 1.6 is also a very good car to drive.

music_swift if you want hatch go for swift vdi,or punto if you are able to spot in classifieds.punto is hard to find but they would be cheap coz of fiat image.

//My preffered suggestion is to buy used civic 2007 which are available in used car market you can get some good examples at 5lakhs and plonk it with CNG sequential Gas injection system and enjoy the beast [lol]

Last edited:
If you want a diesel car, never do a TD of Honda Jazz for fun. Simply did a TD of Jazz today, came home booking jazz instead of ritz ZDi. Jazz makes you go WOWWWW !! No comaprison with any other car. Even City felt inferior !!

Thread Starter #25
Now,I m back to this thread.

I m considering German,Korean and Italian Beasts.

They are,

1.Polo High Line Diesel 2012.
2.I20 Asta Diesel 2012 and
3.Punto 90 HP Sports Diesel 2012.

In Sedans,

It is Japan and American Beauties.

They are,

1.D-zire ZDI 2012 and
2.Classic Titanium and CLXI Diesel 2012.

My father is tilting to go for D-zire.But,I m tilting to go for Punto or I20 or Polo.

My running in 5 days is 72 Km and on Sat,it will be around 50-60 and on Sun,it will be about 50 Km.

My running is 1500 Km/Month.

Last edited:
Now,I m back to this thread.

I m considering German,Korean and Italian Beasts.

They are,

1.Polo High Line Diesel 2012.
2.I20 Asta Diesel 2012 and
3.Punto 90 HP Sports 2012.

1.D-zire ZDI 2012 and
2.Classic Titanium and CLXI Diesel 2012.
In hatch you can rule out Punto,as its no match to quality of Polo and i2o.
Overall safety and ruggedness, Polo has an edge including a bigger Snob value.
So you can confirm Polo.

in sedan Desire is a flimsy car (nonetheless swift is 5 times better than its booted sibiling)it will start rattling within few kms of running.
ford is a nice driver friendly car if you find its Ass acceptable then go ahead.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
In hatch you can rule out Punto,as its no match to quality of Polo and i2o.
Overall safety and ruggedness, Polo has an edge including a bigger Snob value.
So you can confirm Polo.

in sedan Desire is a flimsy car (nonetheless swift is 5 times better than its booted sibiling)it will start rattling within few kms of running.
ford is a nice driver friendly car if you find its Ass acceptable then go ahead.

Yes,D-zire is always flimsier than Punto,Polo and I20.I had Swift VDI w/o ABS presently and not facing problems in 2.7 Years.Swift had done 72300 Km in 31 months 21 days.But,I m facing rattling from doors and engine rarely.

Thread Starter #28
music_swift if you want hatch go for swift vdi,or punto if you are able to spot in classifieds.punto is hard to find but they would be cheap coz of fiat image.

//My preffered suggestion is to buy used civic 2007 which are available in used car market you can get some good examples at 5lakhs and plonk it with CNG sequential Gas injection system and enjoy the beast [lol]
No,I had already Swift VDI 2010 version and done 72300 Km in 2.7 years.I don't want Used Puntoes.Civic is best option with Petrol Fuel only.I don't want to add CNG on best Petrol Sedans.

Thread Starter #29
Rapid for my father and A/T Hatch for my mother

So,finally decided to go for Rapid Elegance[clap] instead of Diesel Hatch.Will be booking on January 2013.The decision was taken by my father.Because,when he sat in his friend's Rapid for 2 to 3 times,he was impressed with its comfort,ride after sitting in the Car[thumbsup]

Why we are booking Rapid in January 2013 because,

1.It will be fresh and we booked our Swift same time due to 2010 starting
2.Our Money will be present in the same time and
3.We will be arranging our finances at that time.

Before Rapid,we are considering once more Verna SX with 2 A/B and Vento HL Diesel 2012.

My father's choice was already Rapid,but we are considering once more Verna and Vento before booking Rapid.

Instead of getting Diesel Hatch for my use,

Considering A/T Hatch till 7L.

They are,

1.Hyundai I-10 Asta A/T or
2.Honda Brio V A/T

This A/T Hatch would be used by my mom,who is an ardent user of our Mr.Humble-Mr.800
Although,she is new to Automatic Transmission.So,she could use the Car for malls,shopping and groceries.

Running per month of my mother's is about 200-300 Km/Month.
Running per day is not much for her.
Running per year is about 5000-6000 Km/Year.

So,which is the best choice for her:help:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Tata Nano or Maruti Alto 800 LXI for short runs and easy to drive in crowded areas

Bumping into this thread,after getting our Innova a month ago,we are planning to get Nano LX for my mom.As we have 2 Cars,Innova and Swift,Nano makes much sense for short distance runs and easy to drive in crowded areas.Nano LX costs about Rs.2.5L in Hyderabad.Or else,will spend another lac and go for Alto 800 LXI.Alto LXI costs 3.6L at Hyderabad.As we are keeping our 800 at our company building,will go for a Nano or Alto.I liked Nano LX Special Edition in White Color.They are offering Rs.40K on Nano.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom