Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
hello experts,
i looking to buy a used car in chandigarh
My budget is maximum upto 2.5 lacks
cars i would preffer are LANCER, ACCENT, OPTRA. SWIFT
my monthly running would never be more than 1000 km

i would preffer a sedan but swift Vxi may also do
as my running is less so fuel would be petrol only.
Guys please suggest me which is the best car out of the above
and which model i can get in my budget (year of registration)

Thanks in advance..

If i was in your place, I would pick a Swift.

I would get a newer & lesser run car when compared to lancer and optra. I would avoid the Accent. Though its pretty reliable, there is nothing exciting about it now.

in 2.5 L you can get a good swift, or try find a Esteem. Adding LPG will also save your money on petrol expenses.

Thread Starter #4
ok .. thanks for ur replies..
bt if i have choose a sedan which one should i go for???
can i get a good condition sedan under 2.5 lackhs ???

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Raj. Mitsubishi Lancer is an all time classic car if what you are looking for is a sporty sedan. This car also has a lot of potential for future modifications but finding a neat (Read unabused) example is quite a task. Honda City is another car that I can recall now and it sure makes for a nice buy. Let us know the exact requirements (Running, Specific preferences etc) so that we can offer an appropriate advice.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi -

I recently got a deal for Esteem VXi 2005 model that has run 1 L KMS for 1.55 Lac. Do you think its worth to go with? The deal comes from maruti pre-owned. Let me know if I should take the offer and assuming I am an average driver what should be the life of engine?.

I would have suggested you a Swift,but since you want a sedan you can look at Ford Ikon,Renault Logan(petrol models really go cheap),Hyundai Getz also worth a look(boot is useable), Chevrolet Aveo ,other obvious choices are Esteem,Lancer,Accent.

350Z

Core Team
Hi -

I recently got a deal for Esteem VXi 2005 model that has run 1 L KMS for 1.55 Lac. Do you think its worth to go with? The deal comes from maruti pre-owned. Let me know if I should take the offer and assuming I am an average driver what should be the life of engine?.
Authorized used car sellers normally quote higher amount. The decision purely depends upon the condition of car but looking at the kilometres done, I would suggest searching for more examples. You’ll easily find one done lesser than that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
today i met a dealer he showed me a very good condition petrol Accent 2004, 60,000 km done
new tyres alloy wheels the asking price is 2.25, i can negotiate and can final the deal in 1.8
is it worth going for???
or there is another 2004 model good condition Optra with same metre reading and same asking price
Which one is better???

today i met a dealer he showed me a very good condition petrol Accent 2004, 60,000 km done
new tyres alloy wheels the asking price is 2.25, i can negotiate and can final the deal in 1.8
is it worth going for???
or there is another 2004 model good condition Optra with same metre reading and same asking price
Which one is better???
Better go with 04 accent it would cost less in maintenance than the optra,Chevys are very expensive to maintain than hyundais
Accent smells good for the deal.

With the economic point of view you must choose Maruti swift as it is the best seller car in India. And if we talk about sedan then Hyundai cars will be the best to have.

I would recommend Maruti Swift for the same reason as mentioned by some of our members: Lesser kms, Newer engine.

Thread Starter #14
@all, guys thanks for your advice.
i'm on hunt. i'll take you advise as i find more deals.

and @ libran. sure i'll tell you if i find any esteem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Raj, I was searching on Google for a second hand sedan under two lakh rupees and I got this forum link on Google. I too am looking for a second hand sedan and my choice is with Maruti as well. I already owned an 800 and a brand new wagon r. And you can never go wrong with a Maruti. My options are ~2004~2005 esteem or baleno. Looking specifically for a Baleno because of the comfort and engine capacity. By the way, I am in Hyderabad at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom