Need Advice on Good Audio Setup for Wagon R

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I have Wagon R Vxi with factory fitted music system which is good but lacks the bass, so planning to upgrade the whole system, in step by step. But not able to finalize the things and the order in which I should upgrade it.

1. OEM HU lacks the USB port. Don't know whether to buy adapter @4990 from MGP or change the HU to JVC KD50 BT which is USB + BT without CD player @5300 for that I need dash kit which will add another @1500

2. Front components Infinity Primus PR6500 CS @7000

3. I have installed CNG which occupies half of my boot space. Is it good idea to install 6 X 9 oval on parcel tray (it can accommodate the speakers) or should I go for rear components too?

4. Don't have much idea on amplifier but I think Sony 4 channel amp @5000 will be fine.

I will not be able to spend on all above things in one go. So In which order I should go?

OEM HU has one pre out. Will it be able to drive all the above setup? If yes then buying adapter makes scene than buying another HU.

Can I put front components first alone without amplifier, in that case will the HU be able to drive speakers?

Here is what I am thinking
1. Install front components in this month.
2. Go for HU if current one is not able to withstand with this setup in second month.
3. Install amplifier in third month and power front components.
4. Go for rear set of speakers in fourth month and power them too through amp.

Hi Sandeep,

My sugesstion to you is go for the Head unit change at the first go . Opt for a Pioneer Head unit instead of JVC . They are better than JVC . A Bluetooth headunit with CD will cost you around 5K.

You can opt for normal 6" speakers from JBL ranges between 1500 to 2000
for Ovals I would suggest JBL GTO0949 or Infinity Ref 690. They will cost you 4K and 5500 respectively.

Well, for the amplifier, please note that you will need wiring as well which will cost you another 1500 bucks. Opt in for an amp only if you plan to get a sub.I really do not see a need of components in your car. I think normal 6" will do the job for you in terms of sound quality.

In case you opt in for a sub, then your total budget for sub+amp+wiring will cost around 9-10K

SO plan accordingly my friend.

Let me know in case you have any questions.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for very late reply.

I don't know whether normal speakers will meet my requirement. What I need is good bass that is why I had chosen components instead of coaxial.

I'll do take the demo of both then will decide.

I have to postpone my upgrade by some months as I just bought my first DLSR yesterday.

In the mean time any other suggestions are welcome.

Buddy since you need good bass and due to CNG you can't go for a sub, so, I'd suggest you upgrade step wise. Firstly, change the HU to a pio/kenny and get components in fronts and ovals in rear tray. Listen for some time. If the bass seems to be sufficient then it's fine, else later add a budget 4-ch amp from jbl for 5K + wiring for 1-2K.

freakdude.

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Wagon R CNG and I need some advice for the audio that I have shortlisted by reading through forums.

Front Speakers - JBL GTO-609C(2 way component speakers)
Rear Speakers - JBL GT6-S699 or JBL GTO-949(confused between the 2)

Also I am confused about which HU I should go with the above speakers. I have shortlisted Pioneer/JVC/Sony but not sure which one is good within a budget 6-7k.

Also what would be the approximate price of the package including all above components?

Ps. - In future I may add amplifier/subwoofer if required so please suggest HU accordingly.

Your help is really appreciated.

Amit

Last edited:
@Amit & Sandeep

According to my experience and looking at your requirement and keeping in mind the boot occupied by CNG cylinder.

Go for a JVC HU,
For speakers, Go with JVC or JBL

You can also check for JVC combo comes with HU+rear coaxial speakers

If you want a good bass effect you have to go for coax speakers and rear parcel tray fitment for sound clarity. Do not fit them on the rear doors.

I have the JVC HU with Sony front speakers and the JVC combo pack rear coaxial speakers on the rear tray and the bass effect is awesome !!

Go for JVC / Pioneer HU.
Front : JBL 2-way component speakers
Rear : JBL 6*9 co-axial speaker

For this setup , u dont need an amplifier. If you are sure of having a SUB, then go for amplifier.

i own a wagonr cng lxi model.i have put jvc hu , sony front components, n jbl gto 949 coaxials in the rear tray.i am not at all happy with the bass.what should i do.should i go for amp n a sub.?? if yes then where can they be placed?.i need an advice urgently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, just booked my wagon R CNG and wil get the delivery tomorrow. Please suggest a nice music system with USB/ bluetooth. I would love to have it integreted on the console. Please suggest.

Thanks

Thread Starter #10
Friends, just booked my wagon R CNG and wil get the delivery tomorrow. Please suggest a nice music system with USB/ bluetooth. I would love to have it integreted on the console. Please suggest.

Thanks
Please update us with how much you can spend on music system.

i own a wagonr cng lxi model.i have put jvc hu , sony front components, n jbl gto 949 coaxials in the rear tray.i am not at all happy with the bass.what should i do.should i go for amp n a sub.?? if yes then where can they be placed?.i need an advice urgently.

Thanks
Request you to read and follow the below thread :

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../2994-before-asking-ice-advice-must-read.html

freakdude.

My suggestion
Music system in car : pioneer as it with stands the dust more than any system as the lens quality is good and not that sensitive. base model pioneer with USP will do.
Speakers: JBL the sound quality is good and as the Pioner+JBL combination is good.
parcel tray than Box as it is convenient.
Amp: Sony mini amp will do if you have a plan on Sub.

You may feel a jaarrr on the dicky on high volume as it is a hatchback.

Last edited:
> Your Car: Wagon-R CNG 2013

> Budget Range: Between 10,000 to15,000

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.) Full setup

> Preferred Brands (If any):Any

> Preferred Music Genre:

> Existing Audio Setup: None

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Prefer a system with USB/ Bluetooth connectivity for phone calls

> Your Car: Wagon-R CNG 2013

> Budget Range: Between 10,000 to15,000

> Looking For (Full Setup, Head Unit etc.) Full setup

> Preferred Brands (If any):Any

> Preferred Music Genre:

> Existing Audio Setup: None

> Misc. Details / Specific Questions: Prefer a system with USB/ Bluetooth connectivity for phone calls
Please check the above posts i think we are discussing the same.

hello friends,
I had just buyed the maruti wagonr VXi petrol version on Jan 14,2013.I am not so happy with the music system in stock and since it is my first car i dont have a lot of knowledge about it.I just wanted to ask that whether i can get a new music system attached to it.If yes then which one is better as i love lsitening music .Secondly i wanted to get reverse parking sensors with display .is it possible in it ?should i go for maruti genuine accessories or try outside?
Also suggest some requisites for the car .How can i also enhance my car interiros.Pls help me friends.
Pls also tell the buggest for each .

Top Bottom