Need Advice on First Car

Maruti Alto K10 would be a good buy for you. It will get you good performance. But you will have to compromise on plastic quality,space etc.The Vxi variant would get you some convenient features also..
Santro Xing would be a good choice as it combines space and performance.
Don't know about hyundai i10's performance..
A customer friendly market awaits you..Do test drive all the hatches that you prefer and get the one which you feel comfortable with.

lxi.

Suspended
@Vishnu, Buddy, The Alto k10 will be of the same price (On road VXI variant) as the Eon Magna. The eon is a new design following Hyundai's Fluidic philosophy, It is mainly atrracting youngsters. Isnt it bettter to get the Hyundai Eon than the Alto k10?
The Santro gl+ is also a good VFM choice.
The i10 is too much pricey. The ERA variant comes at a price tag of 3.9 L ex showroom i.e. almost around 4.4 L on road. It will not have standard things like Body coloured handles, Wheel covers,etc.

The EON will be the best option available as AVRP is getting his FIRST car, and for newbie drivers, The eon also has the "gear shift indicator" which helps in getting max. possible mileage by displaying the gear to shift to acording to RPM/SPeed.

Rest, It is his choice, Let him TD and select the best one for him!

Cheers.

@Vishnu, Buddy, The Alto k10 will be of the same price (On road VXI variant) as the Eon Magna. The eon is a new design following Hyundai's Fluidic philosophy, It is mainly atrracting youngsters. Isnt it bettter to get the Hyundai Eon than the Alto k10?
The Santro gl+ is also a good VFM choice.
The i10 is too much pricey. The ERA variant comes at a price tag of 3.9 L ex showroom i.e. almost around 4.4 L on road. It will not have standard things like Body coloured handles, Wheel covers,etc.

The EON will be the best option available as AVRP is getting his FIRST car, and for newbie drivers, The eon also has the "gear shift indicator" which helps in getting max. possible mileage by displaying the gear to shift to acording to RPM/SPeed.

Rest, It is his choice, Let him TD and select the best one for him!

Cheers.
Agree with you lxi..
Gear Shift indicator and the new fluidic design would be plus points for a first time buyer.
Maruti Alto K10 with less features as compared to EON wont be amazing. But for a performance oriented driver though not highly inspiring at high speeds would be the best city car. Cramped rear [glasses]and the old design wont attract the new buyers.

spark 1.0lt lpg
Eon top end
Estilo lxi
Wagon r lxi
Indica vista safire65 glx
Are some good options.
But i would say at that budget u should surely go with indica vista.
Its truely amazing and has damn awsome rear seats.

Thread Starter #23
Thanks for all the assistance guys [:)]

I do not want to go for the Eon only because of the fact that it has a 800cc engine. I dont want my friends zooming past me in their more powerful engines (most of them own i10, WagonR and AStar)!! Also I took a ride in the Eon in the city raods of Kolkata. The car seemed to produce a lot of vertical jerks (cant find better words to explain) when going over even the most "mild" potholes. Otherwise the interiors and features are really good.

How about the Wagon R? Is it a better option over the Beat , Santro or Astar?

lxi.

Suspended
Maruti Alto K10 with less features as compared to EON wont be amazing. But for a performance oriented driver though not highly inspiring at high speeds would be the best city car.
Why will a newbie driver practice spirited driving? He wont need much of performance (IMO, He will not exceed 90-100kmph). If performance is the criteria, Then the Ritz is the perfect fit.
Cramped rear and the old design wont attract the new buyers.
Most cars in hatchbacks (Under 4.5 L) have cramped rear space and boot space.
The cars like Alto, Alto k10, Waggie, Estilo , A star, Eon, maybe santro, Have less rear legroom which will dissapoint new drivers/Buyers. And , Coming to 5 Lakh cars, How can we forget the swift in less rear legroom and bootspace? Thank god, The rear windows open in the swift! :)

Hi Vivian,

As a first car I don`t want to go for Toyota.
You won't go for any other car if your first car is a Toyota. (not including Merc here [:D])

Your Top 5 Priorities: Mileage, space, maintenance costs, performance, looks.

Liva is a good performer in both city traffic and highways. It looks classier and it is the spacious hatchback in India. Moreover a Toyota car has the least maintenance costs and they are famous for their reliability. My Liva G is getting an average of 14 km/litre with 100% AC ON and about 16 kmpl on highways. Most of the times it's 120 kmph in highways.

In addition to that Liva is a car of great comfort just like other Toyota cars. It can easily manage potholes without much jerks to the passengers.

Test drive first and feel the quality.

Avrp,
I think you are being a little too stringent with the parameters now. As i said, ticking all the boxes at that price bracket is difficult for any car. You will have to compromise on some parameter out of the ones youv'e mentioned. As others said, Eon is definately a good option considering the fact that its so well styled & a hyundai. You say you don;t like it because yo don't have power, but what will you do with power in our jam packed kolkata streets? At the end of the day mileage will matter to your pocket, so will A.S.S & spare parts costs. Santro is an old design now, Wagon R will get the job done from point A to B but thats about all, Beat is definately a young buyers car-fresh design, decent power but its fine provided you being 5'9 don't sit at the back seat...
Try be a little more flexible & you will find your dream car soon.....

Cheers
Jazzy

lxi.

Suspended
@Vivian, Will etios liva come in his price budget?

@AVRP, No problem, if you dont wanna go for Eon. The WAGONR VXI is the best VFM vehicle in hatchback category under this price bracket IMHO!

Go for it. You will surely love it!

@Vivian, Will etios liva come in his price budget?

Liva G Ex-shoroom price is Rs.465000 only. With this additional 65000 he is getting a car of it's own segment within hatchbacks.

If one is so budget oriented then he/she should go for a beat diesel or figo diesel.

lxi.

Suspended
@Vivian, The ExShowroom price is Rs.465000, Then the on road price will be Rs.500000 Approx. (50k higher). So, A huge 1 Lac difference will definitely affect his pocket!
Also, The Figo diesel, will be in his budget , But when comparing WagonR Vxi with Ford Figo Lxi variant (Base Variant) costs Rs.4 L + on road.
So, THe waggie seems a good buy! The figo base model will have less features as compared to WagonR Vxi.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #30
Guys can anyone among you give some idea about the rear seat of the Wagon R?

The Waggie is 1495mm wide compared to that of say the Beat 1595mm.

Doesn`t this make the Wagon R a bit too narrow? Will the rear seat be comfortable for 3?
In some forums I came across this opinion that the waggie is a narrow car and the rear seat is uncomfortable even for 3 adults sitting.

Please share your views.

Also if anyone has any idea regarding the ASS and cost of spare parts of the Beat in kolkata please be kind enough to share.. [:)]

Top Bottom