Need Advice On Buying a Hatchback and Sedan / MUV

Thread Starter #1
Hi. I live in Delhi. I want to buy two cars ...

A small car with CNG with a good average – priced under 5lac – to use within Delhi

And a DISEL sedan or MUV for outstation trips – priced under 8lac

Do any of the small cars come with Automatic Transmission? Can I order it specially?

Looking forward to some expert advise - - which are the best cars under these 2 categories?

Re: Need advise for buying 2 cars

Cng option no better option then wagon r and i10 the only thing is wagon r will come factory fitted with better technology and i10 I think comes with dealer fitted but pls check iam not sure .
In 8 lac sedan choices are - etios, manza and fiesta classic , maruti dezire.
Muv - xylo, sumo grande and maruti ertiga .

350Z

Core Team
Re: Need Advice On Buying Two Cars

Welcome to The Automotive India, Deeksha.
Hi. I live in Delhi. I want to buy two cars
Please consider elaborating on the requirements which would help us to assist better. You can refer to this link for basic required details.

A small car with CNG with a good average – priced under 5lac – to use within Delhi
You have the option of two budget hatches. Hyundai i10 and Maruti Wagon-R. I'd prefer i10 though but if space and after sales is one of the criteria, latter should be the choice.

Do any of the small cars come with Automatic Transmission? Can I order it specially?
Automatic transmission is available with Hyundai i10 and Maruti A-Star. You however won't get CNG in these models. It has to be done as aftermarket fitment.

Given there will be max 5 people on board – You should consider Tata Manza and Skoda Rapid. In case it’s an MUV – Do check out newly launched Ertiga and Mahindra Xylo too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

First of all Deeksha, Welcome to TAI.
When it comes to car with CNG I would suggest you to try the Maruti Wagon R.
When it comes to automatic hatchback it would be Hyundai I10 auto and Maruti A-Star.
When you try automatic hatchbacks in India you are moving to petrol as automatic hatches are available in only petrol variants. Then I would advice you to check the Honda Brio also before making your final choice. Even though its manual transmittion its a good city car.
Test drive all the above listed cars before making your final choice.
When it comes to diesel sedan under 8 lakhs check out the all new Swift Dzire, Toyota Etios diesel, Ford Fiesta Classic and when its MUV its Maruti Ertiga.

Hi. I live in Delhi. I want to buy two cars ...

Looking forward to some expert advise - - which are the best cars under these 2 categories?
Hi Deeksha,

Welcome to TAI, for CNG small car under 5L then like others i also advice you for Wagon-R which comes with factory fitted kit which may saves you to some extent from all the hassles which you face later on, even if you choose other car then go for factory fitted CNG kit as same is tuned accordingly.

Never ever think of CNG kit in Auto transmission car even though some people are running their auto transmission cars on CNG kit but sooner or later they all regret their decision, more headache then ease.

For under 8L MUV you can consider the latest launch Ertiga or Mahindra Xylo for diesel sedan you can consider Tata Manza, Swift Dzire, Toyota Etios, Ford Fiesta classic if you manage to stretch your budget little bit then consider Verna, Vento and Rapid.

Last edited:

Top Bottom